How are all the new heroes paying their bills?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Senko, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Senko Committed Player

I was wondering about this recently, there are potentially thousands of new heroes all over the world and most of them aren't going to have a convenient way to support themselves (princess, billionaire, reporter who can vanish for a few hours and show up with a new story). So how are they all making ends meet . . .

1) The billionaire heroes are giving them cover identities with phony jobs supplying a nice middle class lifestye for them and any family they may have,
    2) The governments are snatching up all those they can for special divisions e.g. infiltration agent for a shapeshifter,
    3) They are carrying on in their old role or using their new powers to get a better paying job without hiding who they are,
    4) Something else?

what do you think, how are all the new heroes making a living especially in the DCU environment with massive worldwide invasions they'd have to respond to rather than a villain of the week/month where they might need to dissapear from work for just a short time?
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Selling exos of course ya silly
    • Like x 2
  3. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Selling parts of busted up Brainiac robots to Starr Labs or Wayne Tech. Kind of like how fisherman sell their catches to restaurants right off the dock?

Perhaps they have constructed a massive child care service as a registered non-profit and take turns watching each other's children while the other runs off to coast city or mogo? The government funding covers the bills?
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, but selling to whom? o_O
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

When they save people, heroes have a compensation fee... At least that's what I would do,

I mean if i was a superhero I wouldn't save people for free now would I?
  6. MichealOkane Committed Player

I am a kid, who unlike other heroes, is a superhero and has living parents. So, Kid Kryptonian and other child heroes with living parents or guardians are probably supported by them. Kid Kryptonian gets his cash for his superhero-ing from the JLA and Star Labs.
  7. Vermillion Sun New Player

In the backstory of Vermilion Sun, he was the heir of a company that got bought out by Wayne Enterprises after the incident that transformed Michael Stross into Vermilion Sun. Upon Vermilion Sun's return to Gotham after his origin incident, he was given a Chair role to represent his father's company beneath the Wayne Enterprises wing. His identity is known because his skin glows similarly to the sun, in a vermilion hue. Kind of hard to hide that. So he is not quite a billionaire, but he is rather wealthy.
  8. Tannen Committed Player

Braniac robots double as ATM machines, and every time you bust one up, it bleeds cash.
  9. Dezaras Loyal Player

Dad Taylor works at WayneTech. When Dezarrakks escaped the ship Dad was promoted to a senior position at Batman Inc. Dad may have got his son a job at WayneTech, researching exobytes.
  10. Black Fist Loyal Player

Prostitution.
    • Like x 2
  11. Morcra Committed Player

i consider my heroes as a division of the justice league. i consider instances big paying jobs. daily patrol is just daily patrol
  12. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

My characters are part time mercenaries and heroes for hire.
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

My guy made a killing in the stock market but then blew it all at the track.
  14. JLMDaVinci New Player

My person makes a living by being a bodyguard for Lex Luthor and his mercernary on the side
  15. JLMDaVinci New Player

This post makes me remember Peter Petrelli from heroes and how he used his healing power on others when he was doctor
  16. Morcra Committed Player

o yeah.... before they Nerfed him to hell
  17. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

Marks of Victory. Duh.
  18. The 14th Doctor Dedicated Player

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Because there are no "real" heroes in the game. We are all anti heroes who take money from the villains we beat. Some justify it by telling themselves that the villain probably stole it anyway. I just say, I kicked your butt and took your cash b*&^%!
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Umm yeah this might be to much reality thinking.