Scoreboard- minor addition

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by hintofcoolness, Jul 23, 2015.

1. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

Applicable mostly to PUGs, but should the scoreboard reflect how long an individual has been in an instance?

I don't usually DPS, but I've seen some DPS's almost get kicked because they JUST entered to replace someone who has just left (or to replace someone who DC'd in the middle of a boss fight, etc.) and some of the group is simply unaware that they just got there. Doesn't happen TOO often but I've seen it more than a few times.
    • Like x 1
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Scoreboard should just be removed. It is very useless and devs have stated numerous times that the data it contains is false.
    • Like x 6
  3. Skidmarc Committed Player

Wish it would go as well. Just completing it is enough. The damage analyzer is enough now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I have never seen a use for it, and if a new person joins, it should reset.
  5. David Ivanenko Committed Player

I remember when there was a bug with quantum during Origin Crisis. The scoreboard would register a LOT of fake damage and I ran into more than one DPS bragging about how OP they were while running Nex and Dox. Oh the DCUOmanity!
  6. ProfessorKanua Committed Player

Waaaait... so the same people who voted "yes" on the invite to instance, suddenly forgot that he joined 5 minutes ago?
    • Like x 1
  7. Solmes202 Loyal Player

PREACH it brother!!! :)
    • Like x 1
  8. MentosTroll Loyal Player

at this point, I honestly believe that THEY don't really care about what people think about the scoreboard. If they cared, even for a little bit, they would have at least done something to it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Oh I think they care. It is just that the scoreboard is so tightly bound to the game and the player culture that it's removal or any drastic change has to be very carefully considered. Personally I would be delighted to see it EXPUNGED from the game. But a lot of players have the exact opposite sentiment.
  10. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Why does the change have to be drastic? They could do little changes if they wanted, but again, I don't think they really care about what people think.
  11. Solmes202 Loyal Player

You know the community. ANY change to the scoreboard will be an opening for hand wring , garment tearing and threats. In my opinion if the devs are guilty of ANYTHING, it's caring too much about what people think. More than once they have made game changes based on player feedback that have damaged the game.
  12. MentosTroll Loyal Player

There's always a pro-side and a con-side with anything in-game. Anyone can say they care too much on player feedback because there's always 2 sides. There's those that support and those that don't.