GU Negativity

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nekron 99, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

You got to be kidding. That whole post basically dismissed everything posted in feedback.
    It's good that they want to get a general idea from the whole population, however as seen in shout by me and a few others, they have no clue about testing and how to do it effectively.
    Even still I doubt much will come out of it.
    ten second parses skew pet classes majorly, fyi

Try a few other MMO's now.
    They will listen and do a much better job.

Yeah, you're right. You aren't seeing because you dont know how to test them.
    Shazam has way too much survival and way too much damage on his SC and that damn 20k mitigation (total)
    And there are far more who underperform whether you are on the same skill level or not.
    • Like x 6
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I never played SWG. I have only heard about that infamous update.

In the case of relevancy, It works with the way they setup the new mark. The problem is, you are limiting how much content can be played. That's a problem. Especially after stat flattening. (Which got adjusted, but damage might have already been done.) So you are looking at a divide between high tier and low tier. There is no middle and you want to get out of there as quickly as possible if you were.

The way the lair mainframe system worked, you were utilizing the mark that wasn't high end. The high end mark was use for continuing to advance your character, the low end mark was used to maintain your character. There was a bit of harmony to go with that. Now, it's all or nothing and if you wish to continue to advance your character with the monthly releases, you are using that mark for one thing only. Never to look back.

A lot of players that have been around already have everything they need, it's the new players that get hurt by this.

The difference between what you described and what we have, is that, the significance of the old mark actually weighed on maintenance. Sure, one mark would be a problem for new content, but why did we need a single mark only? I proposed an idea of 2 currencies. One is the normal mark we have now and the other just for maintenance. Paying for mainframes, utility belt, moving your lair, etc. Where you can convert to it from MoV, but can't convert from it. Where it will drop in place of MoV when you are outside of the relevancy. Would feel like I'm actually earning something. :\
  3. Mighty Committed Player

Amen man. And anyone who doesn't see the legends imbalance, you be Saint Walker and I'll be Shazam and let's scrim.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dezaras Loyal Player

I don't test. I was gonna but I was working last weekend. Glad I didn't test.

From what I gather testers aren't annoyed because their feedback wasn't implemented, they were annoyed because they felt ignored. As in no response whatsoever, save for the eleventh hour "you tested wrong".

I think all the testers wanted was some communication from the devs, at the appropriate times.

And I don't blame them for that.
    • Like x 5
  5. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

How do they come into a test thread 3 weeks later just to say "hey folks this is how we would like you to test" and the next day drop the update?

This is stupid and whatever backlash comes too the team is very well deserved.

Nobody can say this has been a job well done, look at your friends list...they are solely responsible for destroying their own business.

We pay to play a game that continually slaps us in the face, they get no love from me...

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  6. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lol! Shazam!
    • Like x 1
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

I know exactly what people have asked for, and non of the above listed situations are even remotely close to being, and or fixing, any of them.

So no, what I listed were, in fact, not what "we" or "I" have asked for. Especially, when it comes to WM and AM's.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If they hadn't made adjustments on mainframe maintenance costs, I could see that being a bigger issue. But they did make adjustments. Even if the initial cost is a little higher than before, the ongoing costs for boosts are lower and last longer. I've never invested any Marks into Boost levels because just about all my Marks had to go into buying gear for decently paced progressions. But even with being a more solo-centric player, it's actually possible for me to get those Boost levels now and take advantage of them. Of course, it helps if I'd remember that when monthly mainframe maintenance comes up on my characters....:D

The biggest thing with me is that the relevancy and stat flattening combine to create a scenario where I don't see how any Marks could or should be rewarded considering how little effort that lower tier content takes now. Even on my underplayed characters (CR is always higher than my skill point totals), I can go into lower tier content and just wreck it. Instances like the Mannheim's Theater fight against Faust takes a couple of minutes tops, and that's with taking down all the NPCs. You can go into the Outer Caverns via walk-in by yourself and get the speed feat.

It's very tough to justify getting any sort of Mark rewards on that lower level content when the effort needed is so minimal and costs have been reduced as well.
    • Like x 1
  9. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Agree completely.

What chaps my *** more than anything else is the rediculous method of luck to get to max CR to have the best possible output. AND it's was done purely for greed with the intention to sell replays.
    • Like x 5
  10. L T Devoted Player

Then they should have just said "we see the problems you testers have pointed out and we're looking at them but they can't be fixed right now because of time and schedule constraints, so we're going to release as-is and try to give it some attention in the near future".

It would have been a small courtesy, but I think it would have left people feeling much better.
    • Like x 5
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

The whole "Replay" thing is really bad now. Since luck determines CR and Replays increase your chances of "Luck", it now has kinda become P2W.

CR, more than ever, determines ones self worth in the game. If you can't pay to keep up, those once a week chances of getting gear are not gonna cut it if you plan on Pugging.

Even though I have never and will never be a Pugger, the game should always be constructed based on Pugging.
    • Like x 1
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

Earth gets released underpowered and no one cares.

HL gets released underpowered and everyone loses their freaking minds.
    • Like x 3
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

This
    • Like x 2
  14. Red Jenni Loyal Player

The actual post from Mepps on one of those threads (I don't want to look for it) said something like: we've reviewed your testing and testing was done improperly. Its on us because we didn't give you the proper guidelines. Players feel they know how to use their powers and don't want to be told that they tested wrong.

The word Mepps used was "improperly". Last I checked that does mean wrong.

Actually content relevancy was a direct result of lower tier players crying that higher tier players were ruining t2 and t3 raids by going too fast and blowing through everything. It WAS asked for. And WM and AMs came from people not being able to clip powers. Those who could did a lot of damage, those who couldn't were left scratching their heads. I never could, but I never complained either. I'm a support role kind of guy, not a dps by any means.
    • Like x 2
  15. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Cry me a river, Earth can pound HL and if you can't....buy a power token because you have no clue on how to use Earth.

SMH

Earth kicks serious butt, if you know how to use it!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  16. XODUIS Committed Player

This just goes to show you that certain people think the Devs are always right and we're always wrong.
    • Like x 2
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Where was it before? Hitting for 10k or hitting for 100k, the same kind of quick damage happens. The difference now is that the health of the NPCs was greatly increased.

In the case of my scenario rewards, you are only getting a currency that is strictly for upkeep, not progression. It would also allow for players to choose to stick with only relevant content and help with tokens of merit conversion kits.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Is there a thread talking about this or is this player speculation? I actually don't think that was what it was for. I think it was for the single mark changes and the fact people were hoarding marks.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

There will always be negativity when the developers fail to communicate in a meaningful way. They admitted that they failed to communicate during the testing process but in doing so became extremely defensive. If you read through the testing threads people were not attacking the developers but instead posting their results. Yes, some people suggested something was a bit underpowered but nothing was directed toward the developers. Some complained the developers weren't responding, but they weren't!!!

In terms of the actual testing. It really does not matter how the players tested the data.... nature, electricity, and hard light were far behind the other powers. If the testers were testing all the powers in the same exact way then it was obvious where the problems were and could have been resolved. Also, why wasn't the "proper testing" released when the first powers were being balanced over 6 months ago? Seems like an excuse to me. 10 second increments are never going to be accurate indicators for non burst powers.

You cannot use a target dummy to determine what kind of damage these powers will do on live because they will never have perfect conditions. It is common sense that a power that has the ability to burst (and not run out of power) will be more powerful than a power that has to build up their damage, unless the build up is powerful enough to overcome this. One area they could have changed to make dot powers more balanced was to give them a much better regeneration than a burst power. If a burst power was to burst and run out of power then it would make it more balanced.

As suggested by many, the build up power types (dots) are going to have to be more powerful in longer fights to compensate for not really getting to participate in shorter fights. (It could be argued that they were anticipating that on live these powers would perform better, however it is highly unlikely because a dummy is more suited to testing burst than ramp up powers. If a dot power is doing less damage when no one is killing their mob (dummy) then they are for sure going to do less damage when a burst power kills it before they even get close to full speed.)

The developers suggested that they can always hotfix and bring a weaker power up but they never do so in a timely manner. It should take no more than a week to be able to determine if power A is weaker than power B. Also, if a 112 or 114 is able to consistently beat people that are 120+ then it is obvious that another power is too strong, and other powers need to be immediately tweaked. It isn't that difficult to change the code to increase the damage of a move. Hell just change it a little and play the wait and see for another week. If it doesn't fix it then change it again... Balancing is all about trial and error...but it seems we spend more time on error than trying... It shouldn't take months to see results....(They did indicate they would be discussing the powers with some of the testers which is at least a step in the right directions.

Mepps also suggested they didn't read the threads because of people's rants....guess what the testing threads were not filled with rants....yes people are ranting after the fact but that is well deserved. As soon as people stop caring enough to rant then that is when you need to worry. It shows people still care about the game. Shove people to the side too often and they will take their wallets with them.

It is a two way street....Respect for the player base = Respect for the developers. I am not suggesting you give in to the masses EXCEPT for respectful open communication.
    • Like x 8
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

He knows Earth quite well man.
    problem is, Crystal got a damage reduction
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.