[VOTE] Does the new mark system work for you?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChillCat, Jul 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makineko Committed Player

I've no real interest in the poll but I like your naming style for your toons.
    Great minds think alike :)
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

really? why would polls be against the TOS lots of sites have polls ,that just makes no sense and if this is true it should be changed.polls are a good way to get feedback on stuff,instead of looking through 100 comments the devs can simply look at the results,if anything the devs should be making polls as well then maybe we wouldn't end up with disasters like the new marks system ,if they had made a few polls we might have got a better marks system then what we ended up with.
    • Like x 1
  3. HalJordan1OA New Player

No
    • Like x 1
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Nope: I hate the mark system for 3 5 reasons.
    I hate the fact you can't go back to older content, thus slowing progression(Most noticeable in tier 6 and t7)
    Hate the fact you can't earn merits of token anymore besides pvping.
    Hate the fact you can't earn Iconic gear as fast as you used to.. We only get about 3 raids average per tier. A full set cost's 70 MOT.
    And this feels more like a really cheesy way to Market Replay badges.. as if they weren't selling enough.. :eek: This system just made everything worse.
    On top of that.. Not to mention along with this mark system came up the broken cr scaling.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Verdict: I hate the mark system a lot. The only postive thing It has is the fact you don't spend 25k marks anymore. but if you don't stay on a specfic tier, you're gonna be slow at getting sp up.
    I get The devs don't want people gearing up fast, and Want them to actually play the new content and not get geared up right away, but I think they took away a tad bit too much.
    • Like x 1
  5. Humane Committed Player

The mark system is fine, if someone wants to do old content for feats or to use drops to salvage in the R&D nothing is stopping them.
    I'm no longer a daily player and even I had amassed over 400k in MoT before the change, so I wasn't even doing older content for marks. I've replayed the new raids a total of 3 times and I'm already 126 on my main and 125 on my alt, so I don't understand what the hang up is. Progression is fine, "rent" is fine. A T7 player can receive over 20 marks per day and an extra 50+ from the raids per week. I think 190+ marks per week seems reasonable.
    People seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining.
    • Like x 5
  6. Proto1118 Committed Player

No. I haven't logged in for weeks and GU47 is the reason.
    I'm actually having more fun on test server this weekend than I have in the past 9 months on live.
    • Like x 2
  7. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

1) Votes are not alongside the forum rules, so be prepared to see this thread.... disappear
    2) I don't get it how or where people come up with the idea of "majority". The majority of players gives a dang dirt about the forums, they just play the game. So you don't get a "majority consensus". The only place a vote can get representative results is in the game. Basically the devs would have to start the vote as a function on the character selection screen (something like "Vote of the week or vote of the month". I've seen some games do this, and get what they all have in common: they are now on their lowest peak of active users :D

Oh, and one minor thing about the in game vote: all the people who logged in before, didn't like the changes and rage quit their account will also go unaccounted for. Looks like a vote is not at all a useful tool to determine where the game is going :D Looks like it will never come up with useful results and always miss a group of players....
    • Like x 4
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

Not true....I am far from new....came up on blood will run pvp server back in 2011.....and I hate the marks.....it would've been fine if they EITHER switched currency or done Cr scaling....BUT....doing both is what angers people.....making older instances harder to complete and stripping the rewards makes a lot of people like myself not want to even bother with anything lower than t7. I understand we've never been able to buy newest gear with older marks....BUT.....the last time nexus and dox took more than 20 minutes they were the top raids.....so to me.....if I spend over an hour in there or an hour in HH it should reward me the same.....its still an hour of my work and it should yield a reward.
    • Like x 1
  9. ChillCat Loyal Player

10. Emoney Dedicated Player

...and btw.....I just came off of my forth ban....it expired today.....for speaking my mind on here....so I'm guessing this thread will disappear soon just as all the threads like this I participated in.
  11. ChillCat Loyal Player

Well, I hope there's no more banning unless truly deserved. It was pointed out that polling is prohibited in the help section, but I missed it as I only checked the DayBreak ToS which says nothing about polling. My apologies to Mepps and anyone else for the miss...that's my bad and absolutely not intentional.

Even if technically not allowed, I hope the Devs will get some useful data out of this or at least see that there's value in polling and maybe adapt polling as a Dev tool. So far, the 'no's" are leading the "yes'" on this one.
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The current system is fine for most cases. Though if you run older content for someone, we do like to feel rewarded, especially if we have no feats, gear or anything to obtain from said content. For instance, running A&B for me has no purpose. I have the style and the feats. Why do I need to run it. I run to help others out but rarely do I get anything of value from it.
  13. X-zero Loyal Player

It killed a lot of feats that some newer players could really use. But the actually mark gain part works well for me. I finished a new tier style in under month. Amazon Strategos took me a while to finish. Manta I actually finished after Blood Cursed/Parallax gear. Spirit of the Stag took me months to finish because you only got 14 marks for a week for a long time and we were happy to get it. T3 took a lot of time as well.

In my opinion, it is the easiest transition into any tier.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reaper501 Well-Known Player

My vote is Yes
    • Like x 1
  15. Tannen Committed Player

I can't really give a proper vote here. I started playing just before GU47, and that update hit just before I hit 30, so all my marks got converted before I ever bought a piece of tiered gear.

But it sounds like each system had its good and bad sides.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

You cant do polls on the forums, that is against the TOS.

However as a discussion, the new mark system is fine.

The only problem is, there isnt enough grinding tasks in the game to capitalize on a 1 mark system. Even other games with crafting have multiple marks, or at least 2 or 3 at 1 time.

Since DCUO doesnt have crafting and relic weapon quest, and armor upgrading there is not enough grind so people get bored fast, and either reduce playing time or stop playing time altogether.
    • Like x 1
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

This 100%

The only people that don't get this are the type that only log in to run raids with their friends and have no concern for the welfare of the game as a whole. These are the real casuals.

There's nothing wrong with buying top level gear with Marks earned from ANY content. Still gotta pay Legendary and or for the Episode to have access to said gear.

This is a way to force players to use replay badges or otherwise play for no reward (which very little players will do).

Case in point, I have 2 instances that I can do right now when I log in without having to team up with others. No crafting, and base decorating is too basic to enjoy. There's NOTHING TO DO. So no, 12 pieces of "relative" content is NOT enough. Especially, with a single Mark system.

People are leaving in droves cause the Devs are forcing us to only run a small portion of content. Hell, we had all our powers and weapons taken away and put into a specific and exact cookie cutter loadout. WTF?!
  18. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Lol......that is one creative way of asking for "like", I do believe that is against the ToS to make a polls like this one.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tannen Committed Player

That actually popped into my head as well when I first read the first post, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and decided to believe that he actually wanted to poll people.
  20. MrB Dedicated Player

I voted no because in the past I availability of marks let me create various consumables, consumables and help league mates with getting mats when I was legendary. Now that is all gone.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.