Devs, can we please get on answer as to why there is ZERO advertising for this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ramonater, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Ramonater New Player

Like the title says

Many of us have voiced our opinions and thoughts as to why there is ZERO advertisement going on for the game we love to enjoy. Some have said, no money, no funding while others have said the investors do NOT believe enough in the game to spend any more money on it. can you please once and for all clear this up to your loyal customers?

I really do not think we are asking for much other than a little clarity
    • Like x 2
  2. Redman_x Well-Known Player

I agree. Whenever I come across other gamers and we start discussing games and I mention DC universe they know nothing about the game. I feel like I am the only one in a 100 mile radius that plays this game. And I live in a very populated NE section of the US.
  3. Ramonater New Player

same here bro, honestly i never even heard about this game while it was in development. I remember it was advertised in the middle and on the back of every comic i was reading and that's why i ended up buying the game. I have not seen single advertisement for this game in years. That is why there are no new players and the game is a ghost town at the current time.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Valid thread OP, I'm interested as to what their viewpoints are on advertisement also. If it wasn't for a friend telling me about the game when it went F2P back in 2011, I wouldn't have known anything about it.
  5. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Must not be within their budget
    • Like x 1
  6. Falco Committed Player

They've already stated in past threads, just one commercial spot would blow over a years budget.
  7. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

The real problem is that there are no shows on TV that would have a relevant target audience. It's not like there is a series about the Green Arrow or the Flash or even a young Bruce Wayne currently running during Prime Time during which it would make perfect sense to advertise DCUO.

Even if there was, do you really think that such a small-time outfit like DC Comics or its parent company could afford the advertising rates of a media giant like CW as they would most likely be the network to carry superhero shows...

(If I could invent a sarcasm font, I'd make billions selling it.)
    • Like x 4
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

There were TV ads regulary in the German TV last year. Plenty.

Of course not anymore since Daybreak parted ways with PSG.
  9. Ramonater New Player

oh i had no idea they already addressed this issue.I figured it wouldn't be cheap for a commercial but dang if "just one commercial spot would blow over a years budget" how small must that advertisement budget be? they could always go back to advertising in the comics.
  10. Antwoman Dedicated Player

They have ads just few and not seen often you can see ads on gaming sites (which is cheaper). I've seen ads on Tv when Munitions was about to be released as well as on web sites. As for the Shows on the CW and Fox, they bought the rights to those shows to have them on said channels so they might be charge by CW and Fox extra or what not its not as easy as its a DC show so free ads on TV. Unlike games like Defiance that have a a Tv and is sponsored by Syfy. If the shows where on WB then thats a different story. I don't read comics so I don't know if they have ad in their comics. But if not it might legal issues. But you can see ads all the time espeacailly if a DLC is about to be released.

So recap 1-money 2-legal 3- money 4-cheaper ads on the web which ties into money.

or I could be wrong these are all just guesses on my part lol.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Surrrre there isn't.. *Looks at green arrow, flash, and supergirl series*
    • Like x 1
  12. VariableFire Loyal Player

But see, you're not talking about ads in cheap places. You want ads in the prime expensive spots that the game can't afford.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

I think there is/was advertising in Comic Issues but I haven't bought any lately.