Test Discussion GU 50: Immunity Removal

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to post specific, testing-related feedback and bugs regarding the removal of counter immunity in PvP.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 11
  3. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Thank Zod for these changes because PVP has been on necro status for sometime.

I don't care if the pvp is being simplified so long as the population grows not shrink down to 20 people is right now on USPC.
    • Like x 1
  4. kajutsu New Player

To be honest, even with best pvp mechanism, the numbers of pvpers will not increased significantly.
    But players are looking for rewards/goals.
    exemple: pvp population raised at new season: farming new gear and get style feats

New pvpers come from pve side of game. To interest them permanently to pvp, better provide also pve rewards.
    - Synthetic mods(same level than higher tier)
    - Mainframe unlocked with pvp marks
    - add loot not accessible by premium or F2P players due to money cap(Equipment interface)

Just suggestions, but still appreciate your effort to make pvp more enjoyable.
    Thx for that
    • Like x 4
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I've tried running some one-on-one Legends matches with people I know. I can definitely say the pace of combat has increased with the removal of immunities. Counters in 1vs1 are still important, but not nearly as much as before. Characters with burst potential seemed to have a small advantage in the matches I've tried so far. I'll have to run some group matches to see whether I like this change or not.
  6. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Doing some 1v1's the combat is much more fast paced and greatly improved, as stated elsewhere some characters that rely on burst damage might have a slight advantage (IE Circe) but that can be addressed and altered if needed

The pros I see in this is that Players will no longer be able to farm immunities to be able to win, and with that There should be more of a learning experience for each player to take the time learn their role/power

Cons? People will have to re adapt. ( that has never changed though)

Feedback
    This is a great step for PVP, i anxiously await what other changes that are in store.
  7. Fiash2k Active Player

cant we just remove the counter immunity from immunity and keep the hp shield bonus ? like if u counter u get a 20% hp shield bonus but u are not immun to counters for the duration of the immunity ?
    • Like x 1
  8. OgaT(migration)` New Player

Shockingly bad idea.

Here's some examples as to why- short vids taken on the current pc test:

Breaking out and lunging the person who bbed You...

Breaking out and preventing punishment on yourself for beeing blockbroken. With this all melee attacks become useless.

Beeing countered while countering..

As You can see it's actually possible to break out with an immunity and counter tthe person which countered you. This is all sorts of backwards chaotic and random.
    I'll try to get some more leaugemates on test and we'll try to provide more examples of such ridiculous situations that are now possible in a fight in a group match.
    I do not see how the removal of immunities helps pvp, all it does is shifting away the focus from counters to safe or easy damage, lower the skill ceiling for pvp, and introduces randomness as a deciding factor in a lot of scenarios which was previously the role of pure player ability and skill.
    • Like x 33
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Aren't the first two examples based on use of breakout trinkets (or abilities)? Those aren't going to always be available. Will powersets with more available breakouts have an advantage? Yes. That's something that would have to be addressed.
  10. OgaT(migration)` New Player

Yes, countering a person that countered You yourself is only possible with an immunity, how many immunities are available to a player depends ofc on their power. But the point i'm trying to bring across is that this beeing possible at all is simply bs... Think about it, it's currently possible on test to outplay a person via a counter and then get IMMIDIATELY punished for it by that same person, it doesn't feel logical or fair to me. Outplaying a person should result in a reward, not punishment.
    • Like x 23
  11. Marcos Active Player

I think that taking out immunity using the idea of "old days of pvp" is so wrong. So many things changed since old days, powers were revamped, we got WM and AM. What PvP needs its more balance toward powers and legends characters, and taking out immunity will only reward those who will play with OP powers and legends, no skill, no challenge, just a dps festival all over PvP.

I asked some friends what they do miss in PvP, most them said two things:
    1 - powers are not balanced between each other
    2 - no good rewards for playing.
    3 - agnostic gear

Changing the rewards could be your first step, since it seems that its so hard to keep powers and legends balanced. Whats the matter of runing a x8 map if it takes more effort and it does give the same prize as a x2 map? There's no logic in there.

In the past a dev posted: "we want pvp to be competitive, since the dcuo tourneys are around pvp", something like that, counter immunity are the diferencial for DCUO PvP and what makes it competitive and unique against other games. The only way I had to compete against an OP legends char/power was being good at counters, but now for being good I'll have to use OP characters/powers and not more the power/character that I like. It will not more be possible to 1x2 without counter immunity now, so I if get paired with someone who doenst know pvp I'll likely have no chances to win without immunity.

I played the old days of PvP, and counter immunity was a good thing added to PvP. It should stay in PvP, but it should stay away from PvE though.

I make OgaT words mine:
    "I do not see how the removal of immunities helps pvp, all it does is shifting away the focus from counters to safe or easy damage, lower the skill ceiling for pvp, and introduces randomness as a deciding factor in a lot of scenarios which was previously the role of pure player ability and skill."
    " Think about it, it's currently possible on test to outplay a person via a counter and then get IMMIDIATELY punished for it by that same person, it doesn't feel logical or fair to me. Outplaying a person should result in a reward, not punishment."
    • Like x 20
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

I can appreciate that. Here's a suggestion. If you really want to get your point across, don't just highlight examples like this. I would recommend running some matches on test and on live to compare. 1v1, 2v2, 4v4. Run them legit. Don't try and slant the results. Post the vids. If removing immunities is as game breaking as you suggest, it should be obvious.
    • Like x 4
  13. King Nero-EU-PC New Player

immunity has always been, so if you are talking about old days then you keep immunety :)

if they would use idea of old days then you would have no AM no WM and you could possibly get immunety from the guy who already has it. (example: some guy bb you, use breakout and block fast and same guy does hold melle... he wont get any damege or knock down, but you will get immunety)

i think if you would go back to old days with no WM, everything would be boring :) to low combos to make a challange :), but AM and no immunety sucks ye :)
    • Like x 3
  14. Marcos Active Player

Yep, but some people don't realize that old days are gone, it's impossible to have them back, so much things were changed, some for good some for bad. To get old days back we need to get rid of power revamps, AM, WM, jump cancel nerf, pvp seassons updates, in other words: we wont have the old days back, it's impossible. And taking immunity out it's not the solution to make PvP enjoyable again.
    • Like x 11
  15. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

It doesn't matter if they are or not the fact that it can even be done is ridiculous.
    • Like x 4
  16. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Mepps can you explain to me how the Immunities were the core of what was wrong with PvP? Also you said it was a barrier for players because it made PvP not resemble PvE..........um you do know that immunties exist in PvE as well and they work EXACTLY the same as they did in PvP. If anything removing the immunities from PvP is whats going to make PvP and PvE have different tactics and mechanics. You guys as a team aren't exactly the best PvPers I've seen no offence so where did your feedback come from on this because I know based on screen shots and skype messages I've seen that it didn't come from the hardcore PvPers. To me this seems like a change to make PvP LESS skill based and easier for the casuals.
    • Like x 15
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.