Help im over level 30..err sometimes..and don't know whats happening!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LunaBelle, Jun 30, 2015.

1. LunaBelle New Player

Ok I finally hit level 30 and I have no clue what to do! Yes I have looked up youtube videos and watched them about this but I still just don't get it. Is there a certain person I go to for armor and gear? One of my lvl 30 people has nature power and the other is magic, is there certain gear I need to acquire based on my person's powers?

I hate how im suddenly stuck doing quests that involve being in a group....well its actually not so bad, I just miss going solo. Also, with the Tier 1, 2, etc. quests I feel like I am just repeating stuff I had to do before level 30 and I feel this is not fair, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Also, is it worth it to become a member? I do get tired of only having a max currency of $2,000...maybe having access to my full currency would help me out? By the way, I also dislike having to have extra stuff besides a certain amount of money to get gear for my characters, like mark of honors or something. And for example, for my nature character, since I need seed pods to help buy nature décor for my lair, why am I unable to get anymore after I complete the quests that helps me earn said seed pods??? Aggravating!

And I also dislike how gotham & metropolis is crawling with villians, I miss when there was not so much action going on, but I guess without all that it would be pretty boring. I wish they would make Gotham bigger, im sick of the whole lower part of Gotham being under those Braniac dome things, it ticks me off!

And before I forget, something I have been notice is my level keeps jumping around. For example, when I sign in it will say im level 34, but sometimes throughout the game depending on what quest im working on for my level or even one much lower, sometimes not even doing a quest at all, my level will drop down to 30 or 29 or 27, why the heck does this happen?
  2. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Sounds like your toons are healers. So you can either get healer gear or be a Dps. Dps is based on damage and healer is based on healing your teammates
    • Like x 2
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Try this for starters.

The level displayed is your equipped Combat Rating (CR).

CR is explained here...keep in mind that this site hasn't been updated to reflect mark unification - so ignore the cost of gear, and the marks. There is only Marks of Victory (MoV) for PvE content.
    • Like x 3
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Welcome. As far as legendary goes, I say wait abd ride the premium train till you hit t4.

Seed pods were seasonal n the spring event. It will be back next April.
    • Like x 2
  5. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Troll

+1 for creativity though.
    • Like x 2
  6. I I I Level 30

If you just got your second toon to level 30 and dislike so many things I really don't know what to tell you. It gets better ? It gets worse? Idk , but if you are in UsPs hero side send and inbox with toon and I will try to help you if you wish.
  7. LunaBelle New Player

um thank you for helping me.....I think. Anyway I do like the game, but you know how it is, every once in a while we find one thing or another we don't like about it, that's just how it goes.
  8. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

You must be new to DCUO, and joined post GU47!

:p
  9. Theblackcat456 Committed Player

For a new player, i highly recommend taking your time, gain as much sp as possible and of course buy legendary if u like the game, premium membership sucks. Btw, seed pods are from a temporary seasonal used for merely decoration items related to spring, dont be bothered with that yet. Dcs population of daily active players is minuscule, to find Gotham or metro crowded is impossible and not to mention you begin your character in a pve phase not pvp.
  10. Backseid Devoted Player

Best recommendation I can give you is to get some friends. Not so easy to do "in game" especially if you are more of a solost.

This game is REALLY REALLY REALLY bad at explaining how ANYTHING works. And I mean AN Y THING.

I played 100% solo until mid T4. I have no idea how or why I joined a League at that time, but after getting to know and playing with others, I learned sooooo much. There's simply too many things that you will likely never figure out on your own.
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Congrats on getting to lvl 30 but now this is where the real game begins and I would recommend focusing on getting gear for support role which from your info, its safe to assume its going to be for a Healer. The reason I say this is that there are quite literally an overabundance of DPS players and not enough people in support roles. Still if you're not sure, check the forum for detail information on specific powers and types of loadouts you can go with either for Support or DPS. There are also plenty of websites like DCUO BLOGUIDE that can help you, just simply Google it. ;)
  12. oliver251274 Active Player

i would not got to Legendary, its a waste of money.
    It does not make sense, because actually you dont understand the system, like broker and so on and you cant play all the content because your CR is too low.
    Also you dont have a league.

I would suggest, search for a league and begin to understand the game and its content.
    After T3, beginning T4 you can decide to buy the higher dlc, as somebody here suggest before. Just step by step.

The money gap is just a topic of managing your ressources.

It depends on your playstyle. If you are just a casual player, it is the best variant. Over the time you paid less money and you can do a break and restart the game every time with your payed content.
  13. Treskar Committed Player

DO SOLOS,

After every mission go to auction and change the setting to lowest prices first right hand corner of that screen. BUY the items that are for prestige to donate or for your lair. AND BUY the items you would have to find on your own for completion of collections and such.

GATHER A LOT OF EXOBITS learning the maps and finding items to sell on auction for cheap between missions.

SALVAGE! Anything you do not need.

EXTRA MONEY GOES TO SODA COLAS the 2k kind. You can sell them in raids for extra cash to repair gear or just use or distribute to teamamtes hat may have run out for either repairs or to heal.

If you join a league. There is up to CR 40 gear that drop they could trade to you via the league bank or just trade. My league does that. See if you can find one that can help you with that.

for SP. RACES. DAILIES. <toyman missions. seasonals etc etc.>> BUY gear you do not have NOT the rings and necklace and mask. GO from CHEST LEGS HELM HANDS BOOTS SHOULDERS WAIST BACK that order if you got chest get legs. They are normally worth 50 when complete.

PVP is very SP oriented gains PLUS purchase of several sets of armor from the MARKS you get from it. STart that early.... GET INTO a league that does duel training with you often.

AND GOOD LUCK.
  14. oliver251274 Active Player

I would suggest to buy interfaces 1. You can stack 16 of it and if you have a reserve of 5 stacks or more you will never get a money problem.
    In my opinion you dont have to buy gear till T4 or T5. In every instance gear will drop and will raise your cr.
    And the main thing, if you play as support role, learn your role. A troll or a healer is always welcome, if he understand what to do.

Do alternative chars (as premium you can have 6 chars). Use them as inventory. If your invertory is full of stuff (exobits, materials or interfaces) you can share the items over your bank.

Have fun
  15. DivineSire Dedicated Player

I would suggest not returning to the forums for at least a few months so you can get a good feel for what you like without any interference.