Dev Discussion Survival: Happiness Home

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by NerdOfPrey, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craven Green Loyal Player

Ah cool cool. I am unsure why you feel the need to downplay our achievement as when you and your league posted your achievements I was there congratulating you and telling the dev's to give you your server first props. It's unfortunate and a little sad that you can't do the same but I guess that is just the kind of people we are.
  2. Radiohead Restored Active Player

sorry my comment hit you with splash damage. Didn't realize the AOE was that big :cool:
  3. ZeusShock Well-Known Player

4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So these lasers after round 10...you have to be kidding me right? This SM isn't even fun now or skill based with this kind of stuff going on. It's just sometimes you get lucky and a laser doesn't spawn under you.

I'm usually not one to complain cause I love hard content and a challenge but this IMO is a bit over the top.
    • Like x 1
  5. KobeEl Well-Known Player

I'm sorry to say so, but this SM is more skill based than any other we had before. This is the first SM with a room mechanic. It's start at R11 and goes until the end. And that's awesome.
    Ok the spawn point can be tricky and kill someone immedialty. And if you understand how the lasers work (cuz, I can ensure you, there is a mechanic behind), you don't have to worry too much about them anymore. They may kill one guy or two once in a while, but you can avoid the group wipe once you figure it out.
    So yeah, this is hard content, this is a challenge that we never seen before. Like I said when it was on Test, it gonna cause a lot of wipes for a lot of groups, but that's also why we asked for more PP. Some people thought it would destroy SM's difficulty. Well, this SM is the hardest one, thanks to this mechanic R11 to R20 isn't just about killing bosses with a few mechanics and more Def anymore. It's survivability. And personnaly, I enjoy the way it is right now.

Complaining about it, I can understand, as long as no one ask for a nerf of something they don't even understand. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think there should be some kind of tell where the laser is going to spawn. Spawning under you and killing you without any kind of warning is kinda cheap imo.
  7. KobeEl Well-Known Player

Yeah true, they don't work like in T7 HH Normal/Elite where you see the target area 1-2sec before the laser really appears. But idk, wouldn't that make lasers even less deadly?
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Not a server first or anything but just wanted to show the run for views. Now I want to get the rest of the league plats and then maybe get the trinkets not sure yet.

• Like x 2
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The lasers how they are now lead to random deaths and there's no skill or knowledge that can save you from that. One person going down from a random laser could start a chain reaction of what seems to be heat sealing lasers chasing after people that are trying to pick that person up and that's not cool. If there was a tell and you died cause you didn't move them shame on you, but it you died cause it spawned under you with no warning that's cheap.

I like mechanics where skill and knowledge come into play not cheap random one shots like this game has been handing out. Think back to prime, imo that was one of the last good raids where the mechanics were great.
    • Like x 3
  10. Craven Green Loyal Player

I am loving the challenge of this new SM and want nothing to change about it. Congrats on round 11 doll.
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The lasers would be fine if there was a tell for them that's what I'm getting at. Random unavoidable deaths in a situation like this are uncalled for.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mighty Committed Player

Mmmmm, random isn't difficult. It's random. Not dying because a laser spawns under your feet, or because a half-rendered one just cut through a healer isn't skill-based.This is easily the worst SM and an obvious attempt to sell a bunch of repair bots. We got a bunch of platinums for folks, messed around with 11 a few times and said screw it. the decision to put the lasers in as-is, even after the feedback from test, was a mistake. The folks who split for ESO that this quickly released SM was intended to turn around took one look at that and kept walking in search for a less-tedious gaming experience.
    • Like x 3
  13. Mega master New Player

i cant seem to find a league of t6 t7 active players. any1 recruiting?
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Oh and i wish i saw the target on the ground a second or two before the laser spawned. On ps4 it shows up and bam your dead thats it no warning lol
  15. Radiohead Restored Active Player

the only mechanic DC has anymore is One-shot..... :cool: #lazydevelopment
    • Like x 1
  16. BIGBOYSEAN132 New Player

Spytle i blame you for this wipe. You took control of brick and he killed all of us.
  17. ForumJunky New Player

We understand if your not able to beat it. Just keep trying and trying! (With the group they run I doubt they will) good luck! :)
  18. Radiohead Restored Active Player

How many SM's have you beaten?
    • Like x 1
  19. ZeusShock Well-Known Player

We beat round 10 about two days ago, just posting it now though. This was a pug group on usps vilain side, that shouted in lfg. Communication and focus is key.:D
  20. SEMPER-FEAR New Player

Villian side is dead on USPS..... Can't even start at RD 11 because very few have it. All we do every night is help ppl get checkpoints. Mepps: How many active players are left on our side? I never make accounts on forums, but this is getting ridiculous!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.