Dive in to the Tides of War Summer Seasonal Event!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 23, 2015.

1. omegahawk74 Committed Player

After a few years of paying for up to 4 monthly memberships and tons of money on replays and booster gold boxs and other stuff in dc i've had enough of the game being broken and the fact i'm a 125 cr 170 sp on 6 toons and from t3 to t5 on 5 toons all with 120 plus sp and i go inside the event and get 1 shoted. WTF is the reason to get your toon stronger then if you still get 1 f*****g? So dc this to will be the last month you see money from me.
    • Like x 1
  2. AZGardian New Player

Sorry, the Alantean Alert is a joke. I've been on here for years. I figured you would have fine tuned it up by now. It's the samething. It's not worth it. Just a waste of time.
    • Like x 2
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I was pretty excited for this seasonal after being shown the new styles, the new vault and the new base items.

It's kind of funny that the one thing not shown by anyone on test server was how this seasonal would play out stat clamped. Personally I hate stat clamping with a passion but I can understand why it was done to a certain degree.

(Orbits a beast.)

Anyway while your stats are lower there is now more of an emphasis on mechanics.

(I said "um" way too much lol)

As you may have noticed I understand all the basic mechanics associated with this event but even with knowing what to do Oceanmaster (and Aquaman) can still wipe the floor with you as a result of stat clamping and CR differential brought about by GU47.
  4. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

The main issue here is that the four man plays and feels like it is meant for near endgame players. Seasonals are supposed to be light-hearted and fun and designed to be played by anyone from the casual free-to-play to the hardcore DCUO-er who wants those bar stools for the bars he/she got in Spring (okay, maybe that's just me) as well as the feats. The seasonals were one of the things that made go from f2p to a member, but this one would have driven from the game entirely.

The mechanics were there last year, but the adds weren't as hard to take down, the turrets didn't hit as hard and Ocean Master/Aquaman didn't pounce repeatedly on one player the way they are now. It's not just the stat clamping, though that is an issue. I first played the X-mas seasonal at level 10 with my very first character a little over a year and a half ago. I had to learn a few things, but it was doable and fun. I was running it last night and this poor level 18 character kept getting one-shotted as soon as they walked in the door. They left and said they were probably deleting the game off of their computer in an expletive filled mini-rant.

The instance is broken and needs some major fine-tuning. Period.
    • Like x 6
  5. Thylbanus New Player

Well, I tried it. I can certainly say, "It sucked." That was just the WORST event experience I've had in 20 years of gaming. I tried it with my level 30/37 and got OWNED hardcore. Cost a LOT of money to fix all the defeats. The team finally voted to disband. I thought, "Well maybe it's meant to be hard for high level characters. I'll use my level 11!" Nope. Got crushed into jelly. Not even a contest. Level 34 vs. level 11. Even with the "power boost" it still was the worst. People kept leaving and I finally gave up after the third time.

I don't suggest making it a cakewalk, but it should be fun. There is nothing fun about getting crushed over and over (and fixing your gear) for 3 measly sand dollars. There is nothing you have in that vendor worth the effort, even if it included a free pass to level 30 and all the max gear you ever want. Opening this up at level 10 to new players (myself being one of them. Returning after a 2 year hiatus.) just highlights why you SHOULDN'T subscribe or even play this game.

For some perspective about what games I've played that have events:
    • City of Heroes (RIP)
    • Dungeons & Dragons Online <-the most fun events
    • Lord of the Rings Online
    • Marvel Heroes (*ducks*)
    • Neverwinter
    • Star Trek Online
    • Star Wars Galaxies (RIP)
    • Star Wars the Old Republic
    Now if you have played any of these and know how bad some of these are, you know how bad my experience was. This is just a critique, not that I plan to stop playing. I found out the game is fun, barring the events. That isn't something that any gamer should say about your game.
    • Like x 1
  6. Thylbanus New Player

Apparently I can't edit after 30 min, so I'll add in that getting sand dollars randomly would also be cool. Just a "Thanks for playing during the event!" kind of thing. Have it with the same frequency as getting promethium boxes. Would be cool.
  7. Raxia New Player

Every time I go into that event, I feel like I am getting violated by Aquaman. If it was Batman, then sure I can live with that. But it's freaking Aquaman. Unacceptable.
    • Like x 1
  8. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Aquaman would hand Batman's head to him on a platter. Don't let Super-Friends fool you, Arthur Curry's one bad mofo.
    • Like x 2
  9. Aquaman Is My Homeboy New Player

Woah, woah, woah...the event is way too hard, there are way too many adds and even if you do know to get the turrets and the beacons, you die too easily, but take it easy on Aquaman. The one true king of Atlantis deserves some respect.
    • Like x 3
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

FYI

• Like x 11
  11. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

It took me 17 mins to finish the que up. This was after 2 people left after the 1st wipe. I was the healer and had a troll. I stood next to a beacon as did the troll. The other two DPS burned OceanMaster along with the adds. It's doable just need to be patience. The first attempt I had 2DPS and 1 TANK. One DPS wanted to just walk in and burn, burn, burn.. which in turn made the toon, Die, Die, Die.
  12. bagofboom Committed Player

Partial agreement, with one caveat, Batman would not make it easy on him and Aquaman would have to kill him to get out of the fight as Batman won't ever give up. I've heard him say it, lol. That being said, I'd take be the Bat over Aquaman any day of the week! Long Live DCUO!
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I see what people mean. For some reason, when I ran it yesterday, it ran "normally," and we didn't have much trouble with it, twice.

But today, yeah, Ocean Master was hitting way too hard.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's not that relevant in the seasonal, with the stat clamping, but for the record, a level 11 is almost as weak as you can get in the game; you're not "high level" until you're at least CR 100, or these days, maybe 110. Not 11. That's 8 above walking off the ship, and isn''t even level 30, the end of the tutorial.

But I'm cr 125, and was having trouble with the seasonal earlier, so as I said, not particularly relevant in that instance at this moment. Just wanted you to know that 11 is the opposite of "high level."
  15. Phill Committed Player

Thank you.......I love to play DCUO. I understand bugs and nothing is ever perfect with updates and new content. But................. it is becoming harder and harder to justify the money and time being spent on this game.
    I will say that I hate the stat clamping and how you ever had a majority of good reviews or decided that this would be a good thing is beyond me. Stat clamping is like going to an holiday sale and finding out that everything has been marked up 100% rather than marked down. Not good for business at all. The last time I checked seasonal events on all games that I have played are more akin to free give aways (Thank you for playing) and easy content to draw in new players and this does neither. Stat clamping needs to be dumped period.
    I could personally care less if a select few can go in and solo an instance be it seasonal or anytime. Catering to a select few that think everything should be OP is not the way to go. If you guys want to cater to the majority of paying players make the instances have different skill levels like normal, hard and expert. By making them drop the same loot and needing to beat the prior settings to open hard or expert would satisfy every skill level throughout the game. It is not like DCUO cannot do it because DCUO already has some instances like that. All of T2/T3 raids and the other few. I for one thinks that is really the only way to go if you want to satisfy everyone from the day 1 new guy or the year 4 old timer that wants everything hard core. This is a game and it should be fun for everyone not a select few.
  16. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Does that new aura drop in the event ??
  17. Thylbanus New Player

Batman could beat the entire JLA. That is what the whole Brother Eye storyline is about.
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The summer event and the halloween event used to be sacred to me but now the stat clamping has perverted their purpose and now i hate running them. Thank you dcuo for crippling yourselves with this unpopular clamping and i hope what little business you get it is what you wanted.
    • Like x 3
  19. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Batman is over-rated and has been written so poorly he's become god-like when he should just be a man. Oh, wait. he is a New God now isn't he. Smeh.
  20. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Here's the deal with that: Aquaman, if needed, WOULD kill Batman without a second's hesitation. He's the warrior-king of a long-abused people, your silly surface-dweller morality means nothing to him.