Watching E3-Time for DCUO Expansion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vixen, Jun 16, 2015.

1. lokithoz Committed Player

well that is some sad news for me :oops:
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately I've had experiences with MMOs that did full expansions, and the results weren't all that different from DLC releases. Within hours or days of the release, complaints about the amount of content, the difficulty of the content and of course the "I'm bored, there's nothing to do" comments would pop up, in-game and on the forums.

It happened without fail. In my experience the only difference was the amount of time between DLC releases and full-blown expansion releases, and the amount of time between expansion releases was always a source of complaints.

This player base at times couldn't even deal with the DLC release schedule we had, getting 3-4 per year. It's very difficult for me to imagine them having the patience to wait for a full blown expansion.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Make sure to check out the full info on the expansion, there are goodies that are tied to specific dates that you need to be subbed on to get them (if you want them that is).

As to the subject at hand Superskull85 has explained it best in his posts. My two cents is DCUO was designed around expansion = DLC (now Episodes), the truest form of an expansion really isn't possible in DCUO the way it was built.
  4. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

I've heard them mention expansions several times before. It was brought up regularly back when Fight for the light, Lightning Strikes, And Battle for the Earth was coming out. They were saying that (paraphrasing) we could release a new expansion that contains a whole bunch of content every couple years or so but we decided instead to go with smaller but much "quicker too release" DLC's.

It was either Expansions or DLC. One or the other but not both. We got DLC's instead.
  5. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

The monthly release schedule is already making stuff like you mentioned more possible now that their not forced to only release main stream stuff. For example. Bombshells episode is already confirmed for after HOP part 3.
  6. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Lol Destiny calls their 20 dollar dlc's "expansions" but our 10 dollar dlc's have just much content if not more then their "expansions". And don't even start trying too compare them too borderlands because their 10 dollar DLC's are all more then triple the content of Destiny's 20 dollar "expansions"... Lol Destiny's use of the term "expansion" is a sad joke...
  7. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Um, what CR are you? I have time traveled, gone to Krypton, Oa, New Genesis, and the Moon. That is only some of the places too, that are not on Earth.
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The team is so stretched at the moment, that they cannot cope with simultaneously producing styles for the marketplace and styles for new content. Especially when you consider that you're talking 4 new styles every 3 months, here.

What makes you think they'll be able to cope with a huge, new, life-generating expansion pack? If they were to do an expansion pack, it simply wouldn't make sense.

Is it tacked on to the end game? So you go from DLC14 etc. to Expansion Pack 1? Does it include a level cap increase? which means it needs to be compatible as soon as a player arrives at Level 30, meaning the content is on par with T1 in terms of difficulty?

The business model of DCUO makes it illogical to develop a large scale expansion pack. Many of the games which get them do not churn out fleshed out DLCs every 3 months. Usually they release one or two instances in a blue moon with perhaps a harder version of the exact same thing being released too.

Do I want an expansion? Sure, it wouldn't be on my list of things I do not want to see happen. But realistically does it make sense and is it likely to happen? Nope.
  9. Pults Loyal Player

Specialization in another powerset would be my pick. Hard an long road to level 60.
  10. Dezaras Loyal Player

I'm 103 and yes I've gone to Krypton and Oa. What I meant was having an open world Gotham/Metropolis type Krypton or Oa. Something with a lot to do, to fully immerse ourselves in, not just a **** tease lol.
  11. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

12. Sarcasm Committed Player

Idc what you say thats basically you mentioning other games in general .
  13. Vixen Well-Known Player

I didn't make the post because of another game. I have played this game since 2011. My question had more to do with declining player base.

Monthly episodes is a great idea amid the many failed ideas in the past 12 months. Sure I have seen other posts that asked the same question and it's even more valid now
  14. Alpha Cell Well-Known Player

Yeah this game really could use an expansion now. Would have been great to see one after Halls of Power part 3 where we finally take down Darkseid (and bring an end to these tiresome trilogies). A new high level open world area (NOT A REHASHED METROPOLIS OR GOTHAM, BUT A COMPLETELY NEW MAP OF SIMILAR SIZE ), an increased level cap for players who reach the max CR. So for example if the max CR after HoP 3 is 150, once you reach that, you start gaining XP to level up to the new max level of 50.

All powers should have additional moves, extending the power trees past the current 4 tiers of abilities.

New styles, open world missions, races, etc.

But who am I kidding lol