Attention Devs: The mark system...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Serj, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sbel Devoted Player

You seem rather confused. I never claimed it did affect me. :p
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

But that's not really a marks problem is it? It's caused by the new CR calculations.
    • Like x 1
  3. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Didn't tell you to quit. But if im displeased with some one service that I'm paying for I would leave. Now the fact your not happy but is still willing to pay 4 your membership, means the good out ways the bad and ur just having a moment right now for instant gratification.

A customer can't not tell a owner what to do. But support the owner idea with his/her wallet. Only way the owner decides to change is there ways is due to decrease in financial support
    • Like x 1
  4. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Serj, this time you are so far from making any sense that I don't even know where to start. Are you saying that paying costumers have no rights to voice their opinion? If I go to a restaurant and the food is crap I can choose to leave or I can choose to let the manager know what's wrong. Saying that no one forces me to eat that crap doesn't mean I am not allowed to express my opinion. Perhaps I like the restaurant and its atmosphere and I'd love to eat there, so I see if there is a way to obtain what I want. The manager might say "we will change the cook" or he might invite me to go to another restaurant; at least is worth a try.

You can't be so narrow minded... Devs already shown interest in the player opinions. Without feed back they wouldn't be able to take a direction that would make us happy.
    Knowing how to play and the mark system have nothing to do with each other.

OK, you don't care which direction the game will take. You will play it anyway, till you like it. Free to do that. I will express my approval or disapproval as I see fit. I adapted to the AM that I totally dislike (whatever, I used to play 75% of my time as support and 25% as DpS, Now I will play 5% as DpS), but I realized that without marks for older sessions, I don't feel compelled to play, hence I grew bored of the few session that I am forced to play. Many, like me, are trying to propose alternatives so that spending half an hour on a old raid will be worthy again. I thought I would have played for fun, but I was wrong. Without character progression in the form of Marks, I lost any incentive.
    We all know what adapting means, but that doesn't mean that we have to passively accept anything.
    • Like x 3
  5. Horridhal New Player

Again, it isn't instant gratification. Just because I don't want to run the same 8-12 pieces of content over and over for marks doesn't mean I don't want to play the game.

I don't want massive swaths of the game to suddenly become "irrelevant" because I put in the time and effort in order to become more powerful. That is asinine, at best.
  6. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Sbel you are my boy and we agree on so many things it's almost like we are adopted twins (LOL).
    But yeah buddy CR calculations and mark problems are 1 in the same here....make a new account and start from scratch like I did...you'll see.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

A customer can and he will. Do you realize that almost any legal business has a page where customers can leave a review of their services? Don't you think that if you are working for your customers, you want to know if people are happy with what you do? Don't start a business, if that's your mindset.
    • Like x 1
  8. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Do a feat run. This game is more than just marks. If marks what make this game relevant to you then this game may not really be for you. To me this game is fun with or with out marks and even tho some ppl feel sp don't matter, it does for me and I will continue to do old content to catch up on SP and make my toon stronger. But that's just my opinion though
    • Like x 1
  9. Horridhal New Player

So, basically, I'm playing the game wrong and I should follow your gameplay methods?

No, thanks.
  10. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

You would think. But that is not the case any more if the money keep rolling in. Look at AT&T with there monthly cough 29 day plan. Companies have relies complaints are empty threats by customers if there still willing to pay.

EA is a prime example
  11. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Didn't say your playing the game wrong. And didn't say you should follow my methods.

I gave you my personal opinion that this game is more than just marks
  12. Horridhal New Player

That is exactly what you are saying.

"Oh you are running old instances for marks? You shouldn't be because I said so. If you disagree you should quit playing this game."
  13. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Giving a personal opinion on this game about relevancy is different than telling you how to play which I said is my personal opinion. And I said your free to leave if your displeased with the game meaning you have the option to leave.

Now are you telling the devs how to run there game?
    • Like x 1
  14. Horridhal New Player

Ex : "Oh you are running old instances for marks?"

Ex : "You shouldn't be because I said so."

Ex : "If you disagree you should quit the game."

As I stated, this is exactly what you are trying to tell me.

Also, yes, as a paying customer I am trying to tell the devs how to run their game which wouldn't exist without me, and other people like me.
  15. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

1st ex is advice or a suggestion, 2nd ex is a opinion which I clearly stat it's a opinion 3rd look at the words may not :) so that being said no I did not tell you what to do.

But are you trying to tell devs what to do?
  16. Horridhal New Player

lol.

k. :
  17. Streven Dedicated Player

These discussions are getting pretty tired. We've all made out positions pretty clear at this point. Some people feel they aren't getting enough reward out of older content now. Some people think the rewards are fine and/or haven't really changed all that much. To each his own. Whatever the devs do they will always have a part of the community up in arms angry it seems. They are trying to do what they feel is best for the game and will be appealing to the widest audience possible. Only time will tell if they get it right or not. All of our opinions are...well you not what opinions are like.
    • Like x 3
  18. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

paying customer is replaceable and as long as your replaceable you are not as important individually. If the community as a whole is willing to stop paying 4 there service then that will speak volumes. The game can exist with or with out you and me.
    • Like x 2
  19. Horridhal New Player

You are either being purposefully obtuse or completely missing the point. I'm not going to repeat it again, sorry.
  20. Serj Committed Player

You are missing my point.
    Ofcourse if the food sucks you are more than obligated to let tge restaurant know but what these complainers are doing is just saying its bad, with no reason why... and repeat it over and over.
    What im saying is that the changes the devs are making may be bad or good but there is a way to express things if i dont like something i dont do it if i feel something is not ok i voice why.... thats a big difference between what the unhappy players are doing.

Saying something is bad without explaining why and giving ways to fix it isnt really productive.
    I have asked the same unhappy players what kind of improvemt do they want.... and i always get the same childish answer of give me my old mark system back, instead of proposing ways to make it better....

If you go to the developer disscution section tou will find a thread by the name of content relevancy(or something like that) and im sure none of these players ever posted anything there.
    Some people just like to complain... i thought that not one of the mark related threads were actually giving the devs an incentive to look into it because they were just crying about it... as i explained.
    Theres valid complaints and then theres baby wants his candy.
    Everyone has their own opinion and they free to voice it over the forum, just dont expect the devs to take you seriously if you keep saying this is bad and that is bad without explaining why and how to fix it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.