we need more melee dps in the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by just an honest dps, Jun 21, 2015.

1. just an honest dps New Player

how is it not variety? instead of attack attack attack until one person is dead you have block to counter peoples attacks and can change the way a fight is going..
  2. space outlaw Well-Known Player

having a melee dps melee a BOSS in a new tier 7 RAID(8 player) why??? when a boss already hits harder than a steaming train coming at you.PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD -_-
    • Like x 3
  3. just an honest dps New Player

its fun
  4. Three Rivers Well-Known Player

it's not about more support roles being required though... it's about people sticking with their support roles instead of bandwagoning onto improved powers just to be top dps. there's enough people in the community that we should have enough support roles for every group made... but sadly that isnt the case cause for every one tank theres 25 dps...
    • Like x 2
  5. just an honest dps New Player

theres enough support roles to make a 5111 group but if people start asking for 2222 or 3222 or even 421 groups then more people will make support roles toons because there aren't enough
  6. just an honest dps New Player

if someone is spamming block then they aren't very skilled and are going to get wrecked by someone who is skilled.
    a dodge mechanic could be interesting but i dont think it should replace block. blocking is fine the way it is now.
  7. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

This i like. My main role is dps. I find just using ranged attacks gets to boring. As a speedster i can get out of harms way quicker. I do get 1 shotted for my attempt at close range combat. Lag kills me but if i can see whats coming im good. I wouldnt mind if all roles didnt have to be so squishy. A new way for combat is really needed for all roles.
  8. just an honest dps New Player

game needs to be balanced. the blocking is perfect
  9. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Not to mention Survival mode...

Obviously dps have no idea what survival means...
    • Like x 2
  10. Three Rivers Well-Known Player

wait.... this thread is serious??? I thought it was just trolling...
    • Like x 2
  11. just an honest dps New Player

the game should allow melee combat it doesn't make sense not to.
  12. Three Rivers Well-Known Player

it does allow melee combat...
    • Like x 1
  13. just an honest dps New Player

and it should be more popular.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

And you were right. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Three Rivers Well-Known Player

lol it is in pvp and legends pvp...

why should it be more popular in pve? you will die if you mele anything in a t5-t7 raid and you're not a tank.

I'd of thought the popular thing in any instance is to survive
    • Like x 1
  16. just an honest dps New Player

it should be more popular in pve becuase it's fun to melee in pve and id rather not get kicked for wanting to have fun
  17. Three Rivers Well-Known Player

lmao... if you're in a group with other people you need to do the best possible job you can with your skill set. having fun and meleeing enemies is not productive to the group, only to you... thats why you probably get kicked
    • Like x 2
  18. just an honest dps New Player

wrong. having fun is productive to everyone one. this is a game fun should be top priority. the people who treat this like it was a job need to get a life seriously.
    and there's nothing wrong with wanting to melee. if you do it right then it shouldn't be an issue. you need to expand your mind and think outside the box
  19. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I know what u mean. I used to love going dps once in awhile. I gear up both roles equally although I'm a tank first, I also like to dps from time to time. But rage, hard light and few other powers have fallen so far back and no reward for our risks it's painful to even play this game anymore.

I only log in few days a week for 2hrs now or less, then I'm off the rest of the week. I used to be on for hrs almost every other day. Now don't get me wrong it's not the only reason I stopped but it one of them.

I mean how messed up is it that they go and say " rage, celestial and quantum will always be the top end powers" but rage falls so far back it's ridiculous. I hope they come back to it and tweak it here and there. Hell, even severe punishment is still bugged put and I made a thread about months ago and all I got from them was, " we will look into it" and yet no fix, no1 acknowledging it. Or even come out and say we are workin on the fix already.

U think besides other powers rage was or had the worst fix/am tweaks in this whole powers being updated. It's like they took a small bandage and slapped it on our big cut and said here u go..
    • Like x 1
  20. smoove76 Committed Player

Yeah this is what we need in the game.......o_O , Like controllers don't have enough to deal with trying pulling dps es out of the meat grinder when they get to close to the adds or boss(es). That's a NO for me.
    • Like x 3