What happened to the server? what is going?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I read about Black Lantern DLC thing? wut? what is the matter?! WHAT IS GOING ON!? ARE THE HAMSTERS OKAY AT LEAST!?
    • Like x 1
  2. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Black lantern mission not meant for the update was accidentally put on live some dip announced it in all caps n the devs rushed in to fix it lol
    • Like x 3
  3. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

oh... I saw a thread about that a few minutes ago, well thats sucks. Still leave it, why shutdown :D ?
  4. kravonik New Player

not sure how you can mistakenly add an unfinished mission to the game update though...

I mean do they not check the update data before they hit enter. seriously..
    • Like x 1
  5. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

everything is on the game already, maybe we already have years and years of content already into the game. All they need to do is throw the scripts inside and call them all to active
  6. Raxia New Player

Nope, they're dead. Sorry.
  7. kravonik New Player

wouldn't that be something...but basically if that's the case, it shows that its just a rehash of content. Nothing really new. Just change color of orange to black. Change names etc.

I just don't see how a mission can just be mistakenly uploaded. and also, does that mean they upload unfinished data to the live servers as the finish a code...why not have a dedicated server to run content before putting it on the test server then the live server....
  8. ssvillae New Player

Good thing they shut down now too many disconnect
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

really don't know, but many things can happen developing games, programs, apps, operation systems anything really anything can happen. In the development world there is no limit for **** xD (I know it myself... :( )
  10. kravonik New Player

oddly it wasn't leaked on Test....
  11. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I think they have 3 kinds of HDDs for this game.

1- HDDs for the Live server

2- HDDs for the Test server

3- HDDs for Dev team test internal server

The internal test server is a network inside the company without any kind of link to external connections, so they may use this kind of server to test things themselves then throw it to Test server for us to test, and then hit the live.

Someone uploaded the files to the live one lol.
  12. kravonik New Player

which then means...either it was planed. or someone cant read. or they have all their files labeled the same.
  13. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Lol that's actually funny.
  14. hintofcoolness Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Maybe it wasn't a mistake :eek:
    • Like x 1
  16. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

or perhaps... you know... trainees!
    • Like x 1
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

And now we've got a timer for more down time. My fiance is on but I can't even connect
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Eso is attacking there upset dC isn't dead
  19. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

Most developers that host MMOs will add content, even incomplete content in updates but gradually. This is typically done to keep downloads small as possible but these pieces of content are supposed to be inert and not actually showing up in game but merely sitting in data files within the game. Developers work on content like this and by time it's ready they'll make it live but this practice is why we get updates that range from 50MB to 250MB rather than 500MB to 1GB updates. Did the devs mess up today, possibly, who knows.