For Those Who Ran Daily Lower Mission for Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Jun 17, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just thought I'd give people a heads-up - Game Update 49 did away with higher players getting a mark of victory from the content.

This doesn't affect me as I like to use the daily as a way to randomly choose which missions I run, but it may affect those who were going back for extra marks.
  2. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Well that sucks I really liked helping the lower cr people in lower content. One mark of victory was a nice incentive.
    • Like x 7
  3. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Agreed!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 2
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I don't think we were intended to get a mark for running lower content, regardless of our motivations.
  5. BearsF0RLife Level 30

Just continues to show their ignorance!!!!!

Are they trying to kill the game? Seriously?

A lot of ppl have left as it is and you would think they would be "oh maybe were making a mistake with changing the game this much?"

DCUO deserves a big`O "COME ON MAAAAAN"
    • Like x 7
  6. Tannen Committed Player

Are we talking about the starred duo and alerts? I thought that was left in intentionally :/ apparently just an oversight
    • Like x 3
  7. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

It's obvious that a player reported the stuff to the devs :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Ah yes, what a game-breaking loophole. Thank god it's fixed :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  9. Raxia New Player

Oh goody. Even less for ways for a T4 to earn marks.
    • Like x 6
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yep, those are the ones I mean, and I do believe it was an oversight.
  11. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

I remember that Supply Drop could be abused and you'd get healed or whatever if you jump or walk in and out of it.

They "fixed" that too :rolleyes:
  12. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Thank you DCUO community.
    • Like x 1
  13. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

:eek: why do I find out about this stuff after it's "fixed" :(
    • Like x 4
  14. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Really it was 3 stupid marks lol this is why we can't have nice things jkjk but seriously people 3 marks aren't gonna break you calm down
    • Like x 1
  15. metalfenix Committed Player

Come on devs, really? for just 1 mark from dailies? that was actually useful and not game breaking.
    • Like x 3
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It was mentioned a few times on these forums. Most thought it was intended. No developers ever chimed in (until this update - but it's not in the update notes o_O ). Guess it wasn't intended.
  17. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Pish...who has time to read the forums? I just jump into hot topics, make a snarky comment or three and then ride off into the sunset.
    • Like x 4
  18. Battle Man Committed Player

Relax, they're no doubt slowly working toward a bigger fix.

You know, the one where somehow players actually still play this game.
    Once that's fixed, then we're all good.

Just be patient.
    • Like x 3
  19. nowburn4it Loyal Player

DCUO 2?
    • Like x 3
  20. Tallic New Player

I'm a "Freemium" player that has BOUGHT all the DLCs, (I don't like renting a game ie legendary sub)
    and have passed CR116, locking me from earning marks of victory from all but the latest dlc.

Due to time constraints (and personal preference), I can't wait around for 4 or 8 player
    content to fill AND stay filled through mission completion (making alerts and raids unplayable)
    This restricts me to solo or duo content and locks me from the better gear drops in alerts/raids.

So now I only earn 3 Marks of victory a day from the daily solo on New Genesis,
    the 2 duos vary depending on loot box results and 1 from the vault every third day.

Thank you so much DCUO for removing the extra mark of victory from the 4 daily 'starred' missions.
    They were obviously boosting my mark of victory earnings in a game breaking way
    (yes, sarcasm because the profanity required to express my true feelings would blind lesser beings)

Also, why must I be in a group to earn anything from the Apokalyptian Commander weekly mission?
    I didn't need to be for Raven in Sons of Trigon, M and Obots, Dr. Light in WOL2, nor any of the open
    world bounties, just show up and contribute.

Starting to not like the direction your game is heading
    • Like x 1