Best matchmaking ever.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by devildevil50, Jun 10, 2015.

1. GravZlatan Active Player

You're referring to three games out of a thousand. Let's be honest its way easier nowadays cause you will get buffed to CR96 not matter what. I'm asking myself how did I or hundreds of other players when the buff didnt exist and you were a one-hit? And as I've already said the matchmaking isn't great.

You can do that in the DCUO system too if you are really good. The real problem with the elo is that not enough players do pvp and ofc it would be different if more people would do pvp so ofc you will get a good opponent if you win a few times because most of the times the system can find anyone on your level, so what would be better? much longer que times or shorter ones where you are up against a decent opponent?

And yes, you have a disadvantage but the gap is not as big as you trying to make it imo, especially since most of the CR100 players don't know what they're doing themself.

Not saying that it isn't understandable but still, if you see that you have no chance for now, why dont you try something else? It's like running against a wall and complaining that there is a wall, at least imo. Yeah he has the right to come here but I have to right to criticize if i have a different opinion.
    • Like x 2
  2. kravonik New Player

true.
    • Like x 1
  3. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Well, I seem to be on or near line of the matchmaking rating systems.

In other words: I win some matches, I continue to get challenging opponents. I lose some and I get matched up with players that do not have much of chance. When this happens I can do moves that would be better suited for Street Fighter IV (players seem to be unable to breakout).

Bottom Line: So in my experience, the gap between facing players at my pace and those that are not, is quite large.

Side Note: I do not like being put into a position where to I have two choices: Overwhelm the player or pull my punches (a.k.a not trying my best). And no, I do not quit, for anyone.

Note: Yes, it seems trying your best can be interpreted as bullying a player if they are over-matched by you.
  4. kravonik New Player

so lose more then you win so you can have at least a match that makes you feel like Ryu.....got it.
  5. Talwe Well-Known Player

Do you really expect me to make a quote of 1000 MMOs? Are you serious? Just took couple of more popular ones out there to give an example. Feel free to make a reverse list with 1000 MMOs which have worse matchmaking system than DCUO.

And no, it is not easier. So for level 25 it is easier to fight max geared max modded 150-200 skill point opponents nowadays than it was to fight other level 21-29 opponents back in the day?
    If i would queue up on level 25 alt that's all i would see. Not saying "i'm best playah evah!!". Every time i personally make an alt though that's all i see when i queue up just because how current ELO works (cares only for win/loss ratio and nothing else).
    Yes. I still win most of the games. As you said yourself -> they are usually not that good. But if they have even half an idea what to do its just mathematically impossible to win. DEFINITELY not easier than fighting other level 25-s how it was back in the day.

Post level 30-queue has been so-so. Comes down to certain patches and how long guy has PvE-d before going into PvP (if PvE gear has huge stat advantage over PvP gear).
    That's not even in question right now thou. All it is is pre-30 queue. All i would personally expect from current system to have different bracket for pre 30 and post 30.

Its about game working how it should. No point to play the game if its intentionally keeps putting walls in your way.
    Its entertainment. Running into wall is not entertaining. If i was on his spot, i would just uninstall DCUO and play something else. Not like there is no competition on MMO market.
  6. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

No, just no. That is the complete opposite of what I was saying.
    • Like x 1
  7. GravZlatan Active Player

Do you really think I was expecting you to name 1000 games? srsly? And i've never said that there are mmo's with a worse matchmaking.
    I dont even know what you are talking about, as far as i can remember, when i started the game i was always up against fully geared players with no gear.
    I actually agree on that, it would be much better if there's a pre-30 and post-30 que.
    And yes, you are right it's entertainment but when i started mmo's it meant hard work and passion too, which people don't want to put in anymore. Losing one game and already starting to rage about it on the forums. (which btw was my whole point.)
  8. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

If I remember correctly, there use to be a pre-30 and post-30 matchmaking.

Side Note: I remember there were players that would deliberately prevent themselves from reaching LV 30. It was not common for new players to mod their gear below 30. So they took advantage of the opportunity and modded their gear. In doing this they could win matches easily and earn marks. The moon base mission is where I experienced this method from other players.

Note: Yes, it seemed to be ideal for them to join a party of players with all modded gear.
    • Like x 1
  9. devildevil50 New Player

The whol point of this thread I created was to show how crappy matchmaking is now, compared to how it was, in terms of pre-30 and pos-30.

I had way more fun fighting people of my level, ones with some experience, anothers, not. See players having all kinds of gameplay, etc.

Now it's all: Play only 2 or 3 powers and use the exact same loadout.
  10. Gimpster New Player

Hello I am new

I tried PVP and was level 12. I got placed on 3 occasions against a fully fitted level 30.

It sounds like this is a normal thing and if so then the PVP mist be broken.

How can people getting into the game wanting to try the PVP get put against level 30 players.

It is a bit silly.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I get the complaint, but at the same time I think I'd sympathize more if it didn't take less than a day to hit level 30.
    • Like x 3
  12. Makineko Committed Player

It takes longer then a day with me :p

I'm really Ocd about levelling my alts pre 30 (every investigation and briefing from Alerts, missions and all others I find by chance), all side missions (easy feats plus saves me replay badges), all races (though I'll do them on 1 toon with a certain movement style, then if I create an alt with the same movement style I buy the hard race feats with RB then leave the easy ones) all booster gold exploration missions (I hate these the most as they're time consuming but easy feat points) and making sure to get all possible feats along the way.
    On my latest toon I got to 30 (Makineko, 2nd toon I'd made but forgotten for a while) I had 40 sp by the time I'd hit 30. If I focused on 1 toon I'd probably be able to get a new toon to 30 in 4-7 days (going to try levelling up my new HL alt to 30 by Sunday) but I also have 7 other toons to vault and raise so I can take a few weeks levelling an alt.

Post lv 30 I run all content at tier 1 time before moving on for feats and such but I'll more then likely buy the harder feats with RB and not linger around for style feats on my alts, my main maybe but not when I have as many toons as I do. :)
  13. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Sadly, that's how the queue system works nowadays... It's either that or waiting for half an hour for a 1v1. But you are right, the amount of power points at least should be taken into consideration: Stat flattening or not, putting a level 8 against a level 30 (even if the level 30 has a PvP cr of 0) is unfair. The lvl30 can access all the powers, create a full load out, with AM, while the lvl8 guy can only use a handful of powers, which will most of the time not be bound together by any strategic AM. I'm not talking about SP, because replay badges kind of dedstabilized all of that part, but they could make the difference, too.
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

It's great that level 8s can't even run Arenas.
  15. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

Oops then, sorry for not having informed myself of that hehe... :oops: It's been a while since I had created a new character, and with all of the game updates that happened since, I don't even know what leveling up is like nowadays. What is the minimum level for arenas now? 10?
    Anyway, my point should still be valid: level 15s will still have only 7 power points to spend. Barely enough for a maximum-potential loadout. So it's unfair, but happily getting to level 30 can take less than a week if you play around 1-2 hours a day. Also, it's currently the only possibility the devs have, with the constantly reducing DCUO-population. Unless they release something new and amazing and start advertising, and new people join, the problem will probably stay there for a while...
  16. bagofboom Committed Player

As someone who almost NEVER does pvp, (due to my sucking at it) can anyone give me a good ICE dps pvp loadout/rotation? And any advice on how to better myself at pvp is most definitely welcome! Toon name is bagofboom3 (cr 124/sp 130. I have an AM, WM and a AM/WM mix armory if any of that matters in my ability to properly compete in pvp) Add me, send tell, respond here, idc, just help me get my pvp game to a respectable level! Long Live DCUO!
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Level 30????

If he was in full PVP gear it would be 96-100 not 30...if his level is 30 he has a mixture of PVP and PVE gear...

He does have more power points and probably SP, both can impact PVP matches...
  18. devildevil50 New Player

Sorry for necroing, didn't come to dc universe for a while, and this freaking kid needs a proper answer.

I play this game since 2012. I got lots of characters, most of them cr 100, got lots of dlc's and an insane amount of experience in pvp.

What I mean in this thread is not the gear or game pvp experience. It's about the level of the player and the ammount of SP. Don't forget, with SP you can unlock Weapon mastery, something that a low level will most likely NOT have. Also a lvl 30 has the 15 skill points, which is enough to do a full power build of his own. A low level will be always missing atleast 1 power ability from his loadout (since he lacks the ability powers points to unlock it just yet).

That's all this thread is about. The unfair difference in ammounts of SP and THE LEVEL.

And just to answer your **** comment, I DO HANDLE A LOSS. I bet you are one of those who doesn't handle but don't admit it, and goes around forums saying X person can't handle defeats, just to hide your own arrogance.

Devil out.
  19. ChillCat Loyal Player

20. Agent Ahri Well-Known Player

It probably would have been better if you got in your last word a month before instead of abandoning the thread 12 hours after making it
    • Like x 4