THE WAY I SEE IT

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by protecter of tomorrow, Jun 17, 2015.

1. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

To start i believe the DEVS have a plan and are probably going to stick with it for awhile anyway BUT this is the way i see it:

KEEP PRICES OF TIER GEARS AS ARE NOW and KEEP ALL MARKS CAPPED AT 100

LIST OF MARKS ( to be called whatever the DEVS wish )

TIER 1 : COPPER
    TIER 2 : BRONZE
    TIER 3 : SILVER
    TIER 4: GOLD
    TIER 5 : PLATINUM
    TIER 6 : DIAMOND

LIST OF CONVERSION ( will also touch on TIER 7 + after this list )

1 DIAMOND = 10 PLATINUM
    1 PLATINUM = 10 GOLD
    1 GOLD = 10 SILVER
    1 SILVER = 10 BRONZE
    1 BRONZE = 10 COPPER

LIST OF TIER 7 + SETS ( using the combo marks like when the DEVS used SYMBOLS )

TIER 7 : DIAMOND and COPPER
    TIER 8 : DIAMOND and BRONZE
    TIER 9 : DIAMOND and SILVER
    TIER 10 : DIAMOND and GOLD
    TIER 11 : DIAMOND and PLATINUM

SIDE NOTE : TIER 7 + could also start at GOLD and COPPER if DEVS decide to have dual marks for awhile or leave as i have put it BUT when we get to TIER 12 would have a 3 mark system. I would probably for the sake of having marks last longer to actually start at the GOLD and COPPER then TIER 12 could start at PLATINUM and COPPER if you can see what i mean. If not then let's try a 3 mark system

TIER 12 : DIAMOND and COPPER and BRONZE
    TIER 13 : DIAMOND and BRONZE and SILVER
    TIER 14 : DIAMOND and SILVER and GOLD
    TIER 15 : DIAMOND and GOLD and PLATINUM

I think EVERYONE is getting the BIG PICTURE but let's SHOW how ALL CONTENT will be RELEVANT again.

Let's PRETEND WE are at TIER 7 ( the latest and highest we can be right now )

I have to run the TIER 7 to get my DIAMOND marks but NOW I HAVE CHOICES on HOW TO GET MY COPPER.

1 : I could run the TIER 1 content to get my marks of COPPER OR I could CONVERT 1 SILVER into 100 COPPER ( as long as i have none or you would break the 100 cap ) OR CONVERT 10 BRONZE into 100 COPPER ( as long as i have none or i will break the 100 cap ).

If by chance i only need let's say 5 COPPER i could just easily CONVERT 1 BRONZE to get 10 COPPER.

THIS WORKS IN REVERSE AS WELL

What if i need 10 DIAMOND but have many EXTRA MARKS FROM PREVIOUS TIERS :

WE could CONVERT per-say 10 PLATINUM into 1 DIAMOND or 100 GOLD into 1 DIAMOND ( as long as it does not break the 100 cap ).

I hope EVERYONE understands what I'M trying to CONVEY here BUT i see this as a system that does 2 things for the COMMUNITY :

1 : BRINGS RELEVANCE TO ALL CONTENT NO MATTER WHAT TIER YOU ARE
    2: GIVES THE PLAYER THE ABILITY TO USE ALL MARKS " EARNED " in the manner THEY CHOOSE TO USE THEM

BOTTOM LINE : I don't see how a system like this would cause level up problems because of the fact we still have to run what CONTENT WE CHOOSE to run but can USE our EARNED MARKS as we see fit.

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU AGREE or DISAGREE.

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS LONG THREAD.
    • Like x 1
  2. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Overcomplicating is exactly what led to the unification of marks. Why Have 2 marks to buy gear instead of just one?

If anything, have a different mark per tier and that's it. No more of this "you need these two currencies to buy this gear".

And mainframe/utility belt would accept any mark.
    • Like x 3
  3. MuTeDx Committed Player

Very similar to the original setup (marks of krypton and such) I say keep it as is. People will eventually get used to it and quit talking about it. The current mark setup keeps players paying in their tiers which is what everyone wanted. Now the issue it's getting people past that stupid braniac ship so we can keep people around.
    • Like x 1
  4. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Then we open it up to having so many marks by the time we hit per-say TIER 15 as an example. THIS SYSTEM would ALWAYS be the same marks BUT you can use them HOW YOU LIKE. Having 2 or even 3 marks to buy a piece of gear is NO BIG DEAL if you can EARN THOSE MARKS where YOU like.
  5. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

I agree BUT this would also help with the NO ONE IS RUNNING LOW LEVEL STUFF. If i only need per-say 8 marks of COPPER i could either run TIER 1 stuff or CONVERT. CHOICE IS MINE. ALL CONTENT ALL RELEVANT.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Too complicated, One Mark system is what we need and its what we have.

As someone with a few alts doing lower level content, there is never a time Im saying "no one is running the lower level content". My queues pop, we follow the mechanics, work as a team and complete the content.
    • Like x 1
  7. same Johnny Dedicated Player

But you can't really. What's the sense in requiring T1 marks to buy T7 gear?
    • Like x 1
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

What in the bloody blue h?! :confused:

Look the only thing wrong with the current Marks system is the content relevancy. All content truly matters now yet we can only get Marks from a small area of it.
    • Like x 1
  9. darkscarletx Loyal Player

No need to change anything. So no. I like how it is.
  10. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

One currency type for each tier is what we got before, back in the days. Then, the mixed currency you proposed doesn't make sense to me, why should I need to run T1 conent for getting T7 items?

Actually, all the content is relevant to you in terms of item drops, but obviously marks are only dropping for your current CR band. I don't think is a bad system, at least is much better than what we got before.
  11. Zygar Cthulhukin Well-Known Player

I like all the random all caps words/phrases.
  12. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Your missing the point. YOU don't have to run TIER 1 to get TIER 7 gear. It is open for YOU to decide if you want to run lower content to get the marks for that content OR just CONVERT the EXTRA marks you already have from PREVIOUS CONTENT. Also in what I propose YOU can also run TIER 6 to get those marks THEN CONVERT those into TIER 7 marks. ALL CONTENT can be used to EARN whatever marks YOU wish and YOU can CONVERT them how you like.

What I don't get is ALL the THREADS about how IRRELLEVANT CONTENT is since GU 47 and how people complain about not HAVING enough CONTENT to run yet I give an example of how ALL CONTENT and ALL MARKS COULD be RELLEVANT and everybody turns tails and say it is too complicated. WHY does anyone even BOTHER, I guess that NO ONE seems to know what THEY REALLY WANT.

If that is the case then there should be no more COMPLAINING then if EVERYONE is HAPPY.

#THEENDOFALLCOMPLAINTSTHEN
  13. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Not everyone complain, I like how the system is. You have plenty of instance to do, feats, styles, farm, pvp, fun with lower tiers, etc. I'm never bored. And replay badges.
  14. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

But there's no marks stablished for T7, you said it's the combination of Diamond (T6) and Copper (T1), and by the ratios you described before it doesn't even matter if you get marks or not for lower content because the conversion to higher tiers is just too expensive, making said marks irrelevant for higher tiers and therefore having no need to get a new currency system different that what we have now.

If the perception of relevant content is necessity of getting some irrelevant marks from lower content, those guys should get over themselves and accept the situation. Lower content is relevant in terms of item drops, which is essentially what matters.
  15. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Or maybe you're missing the point as you want a return to a system that people viewed as flawed.

Marks were always part of the reward system and, fewer marks or not, all tiers awarded them. Now, unless you are running content that rewards unattuned gear, chances are you will finish an instance and get nothing from it (gear you can't equip). So the idea of running something that was made artificially harder, but awards less is off-putting. That's what people are mostly complaining about.

#endyourowncomplaints #badideaisbad
    • Like x 1
  16. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Besides, this idea would never stick regardless of ratios. Devs know better than that, players would just keep running lower (easier) content to convert up to the higher mark.
  17. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Which is why they totally need to bring the T7 loot system to all the tiers. Especially if MoV can randomly be an option from bosses.

#letuschooseourloot
    • Like x 1
  18. Marine Death Committed Player

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

It's fine how the current Mark system is right now. It doesn't need another change.
  19. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

OP's idea is similar to the dungeons & dragons coin system. If you don't like the idea of having different marks for each tier, you can convert his idea in Marks of Victory.
    For instance, in his hypothetical example, 1 Diamond equals 10,000 coppers. That means that you could also say that a T7 raid gives 10,000 MoV and a T1 gives only 1 (but of course you should scale again the cost of the vendor gear per tier, in this case).
    The idea is good and pretty simple to implement.
    • Like x 2
  20. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

Then it would take you 10 times longer as I suggest it is 10 COPPER = 1 BRONZE = 10 TIER 1 MARKS = 1 TIER 2 MARK. so go ahead and run lower if you want then. ANYWAY I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE SYSTEM BECAUSE I THINK IS FINE I JUST WANTED TO GIVE PEOPLE AN OPTION AND TO LET THE PEOPLE USE MARKS HOW THEY SEE FIT BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE SO I"M DONE WITH THIS COMMUNITY THEY DON"T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY WANT AND SEE ALL THE CHANGES THAT WE GET WHEN THAT HAPPENS.

#DOWHATTHEF..KYOUWANTTHENIGIVEUP