What would you like to see in-game?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Ken Spartan, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Personally, I want to see;

A fully flushed out Kryptonian powerset (Biology and Technology power trees)
    The rest of the Lantern powers (except white annd black)
    Wind powers
    Shadow powers
    Cyborg powers
    Water powers
    Chi powers
    Kryptonite powers??
    New Gods and Apokaliptian powers
    Lobo powers
    Lobo in LEGENDS
    Parkour Variant for Acrobatics
    Weekly Headquarter attack (Ex. Doomsday attacks the Watchtower, or the Suicide Squad/Task Force X attacks the Hall of doom)
    Physical Tank powers (extra brutal too, like the beginning power being a punch hard enough to cause internal bleeding)
    New combats physics, like critical hits showing an animation of spit or a bit of blood flying out of the victim's mouth, as well as better timed break outs. (Ex. While you're blocking is the only time you can be block broken, not three hits after)
    Metal Manipulation powers
    Disease and Parasite powers
    Energy and power absorption powers (Ex. think of your character's stats growing each time your opponents touches you, and a minor powerset of what their powers are)
    Vehicle movement mode (For those who want a Batmobile of their own)
    Icon powers (The hero who can shoot positron blasts, and can go toe to toe with Superman)
    An actually fully flushed out Batman powerset (Ex. Batarangs, Suits, and Shock gaunlets?)
    A Martian powerset
    Stretch powers
    Blood magic powers (Atrocitus uses this as well as his ring)
    Egytian God powers
    Future tech powers
    Technomancy/Technopathy powers?
    Minor Reality Warping powers (Ex. Like the 5th dimensional imps, but a lot weaker)
    Radiation powers
    Lobo in the Future Trilogy

New Clothing styles (Ex. Hooded leather jackets, hooded vests, boxing hand and foot wraps, Pirate clothing, Mascot outfits, Football padding and helmets, Motorcycle helmets and armor, prisoner jumpsuits, police uniforms, goth clothing, stoner clothing (no weed leaf, just the red, green, and yellow flag, and the beanie with dreads), beanies, and various other modern styles that aren't in-game), so that we can fully flush out our secret identities.

More freedom with character creation (Ex. Fat body builds, and the ability to scale the body, face, arms, head, and legs to your choice of size)
    Sidekick Customization, and powers (limited)
    Mentor boosts in the iconic power tree (To actually add the feeling of having a mentor, rather than one or two missions)
    More power points, so we could fully master our powers, rather than sit there with only certain abilities.
    More Weapons, like nunchuks or whips (please bring whips)
    A lot more hair styles (Seriously, they're so stereotypical looking and limited)
    A Character Story tab, so that we can describe our characters' histories, allowing for more of a feeling of depth.
    Romance possibilities? (Idk, but maybe. It'd be more for immersion, but I'm split on how I feel about it)
    The Blow Kiss Animation too not look like something that only a woman would do (Seriously, lol, I see why guys normally refrain from it. Hell, I remember a glitch where, after the animation, the character would strike the female powerful stance for a sec)
    Mentor Fighting (because who doesn't want to have a Nightwing-like rebellion)

Metas not being dependent on armor, but instead have their bones broken over time, and needing healing. Techs relying heavily on armor, which breaks after a while. Magic users having a mixture of both elements of Meta and Tech.

More Iconic powers
    The ability to challenge NPC Heroes and villains to combat in the Watchtower, or Hall of Doom
    Faction Switching (Fights Mentor as part of betrayal)
    New Faction: Neutral, or Rogue/Bounty Hunters - Only seek to benefit themselves, but can occasionally help either the heroes or villains. (Mentors; Meta: Lobo, Tech: Catwoman, Magic: (Insert name))
    A storyline after Brainiac that covers the aftermath
    New World for those who like the New 52
    Earth 2 World
    Limited Space Exploration
    No invisible walls in the main world (being able to fly from Gotham to Metropolis, or from either to space) (Next Gen. Only)
    More Bounties!!
    More content for the main world!! (Seriously, it's boring)
    Epic Combat (People with Super Strength being able to send others flying into buildings) (Next Gen. Only)
    More Mentors for heroes and villains
    Mentor Exclusive skills or powers
    Santa fight in the christmas event for villain, and jack frost or yeti fight for heroes
    Able to play music in our bases that we upload to a playlist (Seriously, they get too quiet)
    Armor and styles showing progressive damage as the character loses more health, or their armor (or bones) break (Both NPCs and Players)
    The New UI
    Eye styles or better eyes (Because our characters (males mainly) looks beady eyed, like our choice in the color only matter when we have emissive eyes, since our eyes are barely noticable without it)
    More wing styles
    More lantern styles (seriously, there's a lot more lantern styles than the basic suit, like Kyle's diiferent style for each corps, or guys RL style)
    Lantern chest symbols to wear with other styles
    Mentor Chest Symbols
    Free symbol placement
    New Personality types, like Calm, Peaceful, Cool, Arrogant, or Brutal.
    Power Leveling - adding more power points to a power to slightly boost it, or even extent its limit, like boosting super strength to lifting a building for example, or planet buster levels of strength.
    Bounties on specific player characters - Your mentor/ an ally NPC informs you of a bounty on a random enemy player (on your server that is online) from the other faction, and you have to catch them. (You're notified when a bounty has been placed) (Pvp world) (rewarded marks of valor) (adds a cat and mouse system too the game, and encourages open world pvp play)
    Can fight the random enemy encounters, though really tough for even T6 characters, for a feat (Ex, Randomly encountered Batman can be fought to defeat by villains)
    Rivalry and Revenge System - Player can enter a rivalry with another player, or be mortal enemies, and have it listed in their character history tab as part of their rogue gallery. When a player is taken down, they are given the chance to hunt down their enemy, and defeat them in turn. (Too much of this will set up a rivalry (6 continuous battles), or a mortal enemy, depending on faction alignment)
    Traveling Combat - You no longer are slowed when hit, and instead enter into traveling combat engaging you enemy, while still traveling across the map. (Ex. A speedster catches up to a low flying skimmer, and they begin fighting throughout the city. You lock on to the enemy player, and use thee right stick to guide your travel, while you use the modified combat system to throw punches and kicks, or hit them with power moves for more damage) (Feel free to add some idea for the combat system)
    More Emotes
    Split Martial Arts into different styles, or Change it too mixed martial arts and mix in several martial arts moves, while also creating individual weapons out of each martial arts form.
    Pets in the Marketplace that assist in combat
    Hard Mode for open world or level scaling for open world
    Black Lantern Doomsday in WOTL pt 3 (Seriously, I can't be the only one who thinks that'd be bad ***)
    Black Lantern Halloween War - Re-live the Blackest Night as you fight off hordes of Black Lanterns to prevent them from wiping out all of existence.
    • Like x 5
  2. Powerhouse70 Well-Known Player

Super Jump as a flight variant.......you know; able to leap tall buildings with a single bound.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ken Spartan Committed Player

It'd make sense as an acrobat variant. Flight variants would have to have continued flight, not temporary air time.
    • Like x 2
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Movement Mode Mastery

Combo movement powers
    Traversal powers is the movement tree
    Enhanced damage for movement mode powers

Movement mode innates you can purchase:
    Up to 5 % greater movement speed
    Up to 5 % reduction in co at snare
    Up to 15 % ability to dodge while moving in movement mode

Lots and lots more movement mode love

Non-supecharge versions of the supercharge movement powers speed dash, backflip, and dust off
    Reasons to have to spend skill points in the movement trees.
    Movement mode powers that deserve a place in your bar.
    • Like x 2
  5. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

More lanterns :)
    • Like x 3
  6. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Sounds cool, but isn't movement mode just meant to get you from point A to point B, or C?
    • Like x 1
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Yes and No

First off movement modes and an environment that allows complete use of them is something very few games have so it is something to be celebrated and expanded where appropriate and available.

You can't SS, Fly, or Acro glide around the world of ESO, you don't have compete freedom of movement in Marvel Heroes 2015, it is something that separates DC along with its license from other MMO's

If it is meant to get you from point A to B its executes this very poorly because there are very few true traversal powers in any of the movement mode trees air dash, speed dash, front/back flip???

Speed dash is a supercharge, the distance for air dash and speed dash is short (you can buy the combo foot mod for both of them and create a combo traversal power that will get you across most rooms but it's a work around and speed dash is a super), front flip is super short distance and back flip is a supercharge.

There is almost no functional reason to spend anything more then one skill point in movement mode trees and that's a shame for something that is such a huge part of your character.

It needs a complete revamp with a ton more options and functional playability is just scrapped all together and made a style choice. Put the passive a somewhere else and let us save the one skill point most spend for something else.

I want a power in super speed that dashes me all the across a room or long distance and does not damage and offers me a chance at dodge. Like speed dash into speed dash combo only quicker and more fluid.

I want a power in flight like shazams back dash or like air dash combo'd into air dash only quicker and more fluid.

I want a power in the acro trees that allow me to shoot a grapple backwards and forwards and ends with me glide if not attached to a surface.

I want the damage powers in these tree to functional just if the ship into currently T7 and give them a way to do enhanced damage.

I truly hate combat snare and would spend skill points Ina passive to reduce it or a passive to increase my movement speed actual speed.

And I really really want the movement mode customization they talked about at SOE live last year.

Our movement modes are open world travel ability are very unique to this game and so etching I wish got a lot more attention for as big a part of our characters as they are.
    • Like x 2
  8. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I'll be re-joining the corps once they re-align HL damage to be within ~3% of any other powerset. Heck I might even play if it becomes upper tier.
    • Like x 1
  9. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

The corp waiting for you my friend :)
  10. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Doesn't sound too bad, but I for one never cared for movement, besides it helping me travel. Dash moves are a waste, in my opinion. It'd be better to add a second increase in speed.
  11. Abel Well-Known Player

In response to the topic, I would love to have more computer/tech related base items in the game. Whether it's dropping from instances from new content or Survival mode or yes, I will say it................THE MARKETPLACE. I have almost 5,000 loyalty points saved up and about $80 saved up in marketplace cash just for anything "cool" that's for my four lairs I have.
    • Like x 1
  12. Klarion Prime New Player

I'd like to see the Devs make use of our ability to move vertically in alert/raid boss fights. I think there could be some interesting mechanics built around a need to get above or below a boss in order to damage it or avoid it's damage to us. The ability to fly, scale walls or run up them is one of the unique parts of DC online but every boss fight takes place in a flat room and with only a couple of exceptions we usually get grounded if we try to get above the action.
  13. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

A reason to use the open word after level 30 beside the dailies and the bounties, in other words, more stuff to do in the open world at any CR.

A reason to run old content once you have the styles you want.

More players in all tiers.

The disappearance of elitism and fanaticism.
    • Like x 1
  14. PVP360 New Player

I would like to see them hire some DEVS that actually LISTEN to the games VETERAN COMMUNITY
    • Like x 1
  15. Ghostof91 New Player

List of Wants with reasons:
    • Removal of Am and Wm only for PvP since it was just meant for PvE, its a gamebreaker
    • Magician powers, we have Zatanna but no Magician powers, I often hear the unenlightens depicts Sorcery as Magician, if so one can say Munitions is Gadgets
    • importancy of movements, stats should play some significance in some ones moving potential: Superspeed speced in dominance and vitalization, using speed force will give you unlimited power for such seconds.
    • New stat Stamina: The higher this stat decreases your power use, and increases your running speed.
    • New weakness system- At character creation you will be force to choose a weakness to create a more comic appeal: Krypton- barrels of krypton will be more present in the game, if you are struct by it you will drop to your knees for such seconds. Cold- Any type of cold is your worst enemy if you are hit with it you will drop to your knees in such seconds. Heat- Any type of heat will drop you to your knees for such seconds. Physically sensitive- Any physical dealing moves such as earth jack hammer you will faint for such seconds etc.
    • New strength System- At character creation you will be forced to choose 5 unique strength majors: Physically empowered- Grants you a buff in physical moves such as brawling, throwing etc. Nervous wreck-Telekinesis strength will be greatly increased. Speed realm- Like the flash you will be granted a boot to your swiftness, increases your movement speed and attack speed. Expert Caster-Like Circe and other well know magic fighters, randomly turn your opponent into either a Demon or a Dog. Manmade- Gadget and munition users will get an increase in stun and damage.
    • Comic posters of well known players by highest individual stats, and winning streak.
    • Return of epic cinemas for solo missions: were your character is a cinematic version in video of that completed solo
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

• Sand Patches
    • Vandal Savage
    • Crime Syndicate
    • Barbara Gordon Batgirl (Legends?)
    • Movement Skills and Iconic Powers update to work with different AM types and WM
    • More tech based base items like monitors, consoles, servers
    • League Hall amenities unlockable with Prestige
    • League Missions
    • Revival of open world PvP with reasonable rewards
    • Lair locations in DLC zones
    • New R&D components replacing Exobytes in higher tiers that are found in DLC zones (since Exos in DLC zones make no sense lore wise)
    • Viable oldschool classic combo clipping playstyles
  17. Serj Committed Player

everything that was posted up till now isn't really realistic, the devs do not have enough resources to pull off half of what was mentioned, but to be fair:

all the things that were in the game at one point and got removed.
    everything that was promised to us but never came to be.
    all the things that the devs have set up in the game so stuff like powers, league hall missions legends characters and more that are intertwined with said setup will be introduced into the game.

that's what i'd like to see.
  18. fkeidjn Level 30

The claw variant of MA that Catwoman, Cheetah, and Primal Batman use
  19. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Well, that's elder scrolls, not something like DCUO, and City Of Heroes. City of Heroes had movement modes, and many more than what we have.
  20. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

Definitely need the Super Jump variant for acrobatics. Something called like 'Bounding' that can be combined with an innate (like dive bomb for flight) that would knock back an enemies close to landing point long enough to take off again. (because Rocket Assist Glide makes no sense in the Acro tree, might as well be a version of flight.)

Also like the traverse/parkour element maybe combined with a swinging element instead of only straight line grapples.