What are your 3 top Pro's and Con's of DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Oriole, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Oriole New Player

For it is the following:

Pros:
    1) Uniqne way of playing as a hero or villian
    2) comic driven stories that alot of people can remember from their childhood
    3) Player interactions

Cons:
    1) Too many changes to what made the game great good
    2) Unbalance and I don't mean between DPS's as a whole all powers are a long way from balance even now and may never be fixable because of the community want this power gret or an out cry of OP on a power.
    3) Too DPS driven...Not enough variaity in content that isn't DPS driven maybe trying adding in stuff like you need a healer to heal Superman while thew group defends him from Doomsday. That for me will take two healers one on Superman and one for the group. Things like that could help in many ways.

Well DC nation whats your top 3 pros or cons or just cons or just pros. Let it be heard.

-note these are my opinons no one can tell me otherwise right or wrong-
    • Like x 1
  2. kravonik New Player

Pros:
    1) get to push people off a building-villain
    2) get to push people off a building-villain
    3) get to watch people suffer and possibly jump off a building- hero

Cons:
    1) not enough contain once you hit T7
    2) older content not worth running
    3) money grab with replay tokens
    • Like x 7
  3. LanternLove Well-Known Player

Pros:
    1. Being a superhero/villain; exploring all the powersets
    2. All the DC Comics lore in game and the characters from childhood
    3. Being an MMO and open world make it fun

Cons:
    1. Toxic Community (People not listening, Greifers, Scammers, Kickers, Serial Disconnecters, Fake Role Qers, Rude people etc.)
    2. Lack of Balance between powers ie. Mental is best dps, Rage tank, Nature healer etc.
    3. Lack of more character customisation
    • Like x 6
  4. babyz wife New Player

Cons:
    1. Toxic Community (People not listening, Greifers, Scammers, Kickers, Serial Disconnecters, Fake Role Qers, Rude people etc.)
    2. Lack of Balance between powers ie. Mental is best dps, Rage tank, Nature healer etc.
    3. Toxic Community (People not listening, Greifers, Scammers, Kickers, Serial Disconnecters, Fake Role Qers, Rude people etc.)
    4. to easy content for the end game players
    5. Toxic Community (People not listening, Greifers, Scammers, Kickers, Serial Disconnecters, Fake Role Qers, Rude people etc.)
    6. devs who do not listen to feedback
    • Like x 2
  5. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Pros:
    1. Fighting style pve gameplay
    2. Variety of powersets
    3. pvp* (arenas needs adjustment)

Cons
    1. Was better, way better.
    2. frequent changes in strength of powersets
    3. sp's/feats
    • Like x 3
  6. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Pros

Fast paced action oriented Combat system
    Movement powers and world to use them in
    DC License and legends availability
    Dev staff that listens to community feedback

Cons

DPS centric gameplay/community
    Can be grindy/repetitive like most MMO's
    The scorecard
    • Like x 1
  7. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

You should try and read more of the frequent post by some green names. I can assure you they are reading many of ours. Can't expect them to address every query the community tables. I can assure you our feedback shapes this game, unfortunately seems not always in a postive manner.
  8. Aren Sul Committed Player

Pro:
    1. As mentioned, fast paced, action oriented combat system
    2. Character customization (includes styles, color variations, and any combination of weapons and powers, movement modes)
    3. It's DC :)

Con:
    1. I like walk-ins and want more (and I know this may be on the horizon)
    2. Disappointed in the UI improvements being shelved
    3. Wish they had more players = more dollars to put into advertising = more players

----

Limbo -
    These are things many people list as cons that any MMO seems to suffer from because, realistically, they are either unattainable or incredibly difficult to attain:
    1. Balancing - providing true variety beyond cosmetics makes it more difficult to balance and vice-versa.
    2. Listening to feedback - you can't please all the people all the time and I can only imagine how hard it must be to set a creative, compelling direction and listen to all the feedback to please the community - I think DCUO does a better job than most.
    3. Community - any MMO is going to be a slice of humanity and there are total jerks in humanity no matter how you seem to slice it. That said, this community seems to have the highest percentage of helpful players/posters I've found in an MMO.
  9. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Pro's:
    1. Unchallenged action combat in an mmo with a controller.
    2. Great animation.
    3. Nice Comic Book Driven Story line.

Con's
    1. Long que time for the villains.
    2. Bad players as in being insulting or disrupting game play for others all though with the new ignore features I'm seeing less of that.
    3. That's all on the con side for now.
  10. Controller Devoted Player

Cons:

Lazy DPS's.

Just left an NGN raid where the FIVE DPS's expected ME (Troller) to get the consoles on 2nd boss.

Is this (Troller getting consoles) normal?

Have run dozens of NGNs and no one has EVER asked me as Troller to get consoles.

Graphics in DCUO are awesome.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

Past pros-

• Best combat I have ever tried, with unique counter mechanics, PvP
    • Role advantages, gives you that real feeling of weakness and strength, PvP
    • Friendly environment, I have met so many friends that was helpful to me during the early years
    Past cons-
    • Worst Marketplace system I have ever tried, not much to buy when you want to
    • Character creation is medeocre
    • Movements had no significant play along with powers
    Present pros-
    • Great new storylines from future Episodes
    • Seasonals, trinkets, events etc.
    • New items that are introduced with updates, skimming, etc.
    Present cons-
    • Wm and Am has reduced the fun in duels and arenas for me
    • Open world have so much potential, but is being overlooked
    • Customization doesn't seem to evolve fast enough with this game
    • Like x 1
  12. just an honest dps New Player

pros
    1) batman and friends
    2) getting to play as a villain
    3) pretty looking powers and some interesting combat mechanics

cons
    1) the community is **** - rude, inconsiderate, ignorant, entitled, and way too kick happy to boot (no pun intended)
    2) constant changes to the game / dcuo identity crisis (too many changes to the combat system and other things..feels like a completely different game every so months..and not in a good way)
    3) not enough stuff to do in between dlcs
    4) way too expensive online content (dlc packs, powers, legend toons, respecs etc...)
  13. RachaelRay New Player

Pros:

1. Leveling is fun. 1-30
    2. Early raids and content were amazing.
    3. Best superhero MMO game ever made to date.

Cons:
    1. Post leveling content recently is garbage.
    2. Lack of clear, concise direction. Too many changes where none are needed, no focus.
    3. Ca$h i$ king. Every deci$ion made is to $oak the cu$tomer for every la$t dollar.

Oh, and the community is the absolute worst. EVER.
    • Like x 1
  14. Infatum New Player

Pros:
    Fast paced arcade style combat
    High quality narrative content
    CoH Nostalgia

Cons:
    Doing my first alert as a new player with my PvP weapon (because it was the only good weapon available at my level). Almost quit right there.
    Lack of variety in costume styles/body types/ect
    High end play seems to nullify what was fun about early game (Fast paced arcade combat seems replaced by power rotation tank and spank)
  15. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

PROS:
    • The IP… DC Comics, ‘nuff said!!!
    • The platforms… PS and PC.
    • The action… can be fun and fast paced.
    CONS:
    • The developers… SOE now DGC.
    • F2P… the cash grab for micro transactions.
    • Shortsighted tech… DCUO isn’t future proof which limits what can be done to progress the game.
    • Like x 3
  16. kravonik New Player

oh go bake a cake Rachael Ray...

jk :p
    • Like x 1
  17. John Brawler Committed Player

pros
    1. the combat style
    2. dc characters
    3. fun leveling missions/story

cons
    1. devs only seem to care about which power/character is the biggest money maker
    2. lack of meaningful content other then what the devs strictly want to make (such as raids being the second to least played type of content yet gives the best rewards and is the only content we're guaranteed with each dlc)
    3. the recent penny pinching sales model incorporated since the daybreak buyout.
    • Like x 2
  18. Unida Dedicated Player

PROs
    1. the potential of the IP of DC and the story arcs
    2. unique combat/pvp style and mechanics
    3. a massively passionate player base due to 1.

CONs
    1. Weak utilisation of IP and marketing. Best iconics largely in early content thats now long irrelevant
    2. delivery of story and content is painfully slow for an MMO
    3. on-going tinkering to achieve 'balance' in powers/content relevancy is basically counter-effective when it comes to application -> community riot.
    • Like x 2
  19. Anothername Well-Known Player

Pro:
    1. Open world gameplay up to lvl 30 - ~ cr 35
    2. lots of visual & stat options to build a hero/villain you envision
    3. combat feeling

Con:
    1. repetitive Dungeon Crawling after finishing the lvl 30 questing; no expansion on the open world concept.
    2. extremely one-dimensional character progression after lvl 30. Get better gear or bust.
    3. no matter your build (excluding tanks); at endgame group stuff get at max-range combat or respec (which kills pro #2).
    • Like x 3
  20. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Cons:

1.SP not as important as it should be, for the amount of grinding that has to be done.

2. Atm not enough to do, they need make random weekly of monthly quests ? interesting ones could flash orientated ? Like following flash / zoom trough time stop stop various DC vills / heros. You get new styles as a reward ( that actually look good) and or feats.

3. Difficulty / Challenge, can be seen both ways, however i see it as not being hard enough, at least with Hop II. Need more feats like EO, and hat-trick, no more no death feats.

*Extra con* More customisation, 4th colour palette? More styles people actually like.

Pros:

1. I enjoy tanking, I like the way the role has various approaches, unlike trolling.

2. The community, people often only remember the bad, and fail to remember the fun / good times.

3. DC characters, and the old comic book style cut-scenes Where'd they go ? :(