Just admit you lost lol

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Supermans Champion, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Supermans Champion New Player

I beat a dps up in a lair battle. Then he called me a weak Tank??? Then he switch to Tank and I beat him even worse. Then he called me trash lol. Said I was hiding behind my tank armor, (how do you hide behind tank armor) he told me to switch to DPS. I wondered why would I do that when I have been a Tank for over two years?? I love being a Tank. He told me again to switch to dps to make the fight fair because Tanks are supposed to beat dps. I wondered where is that written. He began to run around the lair trying to invite me to a private chat so he could exchange his anger. I refused. Why is it so hard to admit defeat for some people.

If I challenge a healer I am well aware that a healer not only can debuff my defense but their attacks get a 55% damage increase. And guess what, I have managed to beat many healers in my day. Their defeat is twice the reward. Actually from a healers perspective fighting a Tank is a lose - lose situation. If you win you were suppose to. (which is accurate) If you lose then your looked down upon. But oh well I'm just sick of hearing all the reason why people lose hear they are.

Your a Tank
    Your full t4 PvP
    I don't have any mods
    my loadout wasnt right
    i'm not spec for PvP
    I'm lagging
    I was texting
    this is my alt.
    you have so many skill points
    I'm rusty I havent played in months

Just admit you lost.... at least you didnt lose you integrity?
    • Like x 4
  2. PKMN12 New Player

and the point of posting it one here is.............?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong i hate people like that too, but still, posting on the forums does not help besides getting people to agree with you.
    • Like x 3
  3. Statman New Player

Agreed. People just sound pathetic when they're offering up reasons as to why they lose, especially when its many of the ones you listed. There are legitimate reasons sometimes, but most times when there's a legitimate reason, the person with it wont complain about losing because of it.
  4. renzhe New Player

Your tank powerset? Opponents powerset?
  5. BaddestJade New Player

Best bunch o crap I ever heard was "my weapon bugged out"
  6. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I'm gonna say it's cause my team were a bunch of pansies. Lol

I do admit defeat though. The couple of times I lost in the Test server had me laughing at the end of the match.
  7. BadHansel New Player

Is that a "look how great i am"-post or what?

There is no need to defend myself, when i am losing and abusing the other is just childish.

But the higher-geared-player with full mods and more than 100 of sp have forgotten, how it is without all those high tier equipment. so there is no need to be proud of something
    • Like x 3
  8. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Agreed. I have the habit of finishing every duel by "bowing", no matter wether I win or lose.
    • Like x 1
  9. hoaxone Committed Player

Funny,I remember when greyskull beat u in a duel,and u asked the community in a thread with a video link,if he used a supercharge.
  10. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

If someone wants to name call or try to devalue a win I got, then I just brush it off. Some people I've played with in this game get very angry when they lose because they feel they are the best of the best. They forget there's always someone better than you no matter how good you think you are. It's a game. Have fun.
    • Like x 2
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

I lost.
  12. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

I'm so glad we have topics like this cluttering Gotham city. I don't know what I'd do with myself if it was full of actual discussion topics.
    • Like x 2
  13. Yallander Loyal Player

What is there to really discuss at this point in time..maybe after today's video there will be more. Fire and Ice are still being discussed, but it appears the devs have stopped listening to any further suggestions. PVP is always a fun discussion, but like 10% of people on these forums give a rat's patootie about that so many miss out of the lovely discussions there.

I say "here, here" let the man have his thread--I mean PVP and PVE are suppose to be all one and the same progression in the game right (as stated by the devs not me)? I don't even know why there is a PVP section on these forums--should just lump it all together.

--QUACK!
  14. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

I get this all the time, I don't complain if I lose, I just roll on, the people who make a bunch of excuses are just ponderous to me. Granted people have legit ones, I went afk in the middle of a match to return at the end and say "sorry daughter agro" and the guy just rambled on about how much I suck, whatever. lol a guy doesn't block or throw a punch for 3 rounds because no doubt he is just too in awe of your greatness, I immediately fought him in the next match and I had a turkey shoot. Scorecard says I won, that's all that matters, let them cry about "oh the sun was in my eyes", it just makes them look stupid.
  15. phen0mena Committed Player

Just a note on this, from a healer;

It's not like this anymore. With all the new tricks players have access to, I'm finding I can't take out tanks anymore. They don't waste me, or even KO me, it's not that. It's the role vs role is largely gone for players that can afford all the tricks. Also, healer dmg bonus vs tanks is 35%. The addition also first counters the loss of damage in healer role (-35%) If it was true 55% I might still take em down ha.

But like, I debuff em, all of a sudden that debuff is just gone, then they have this little dood with em that heals em right up, etc etc. For players that can afford it, there are no advantages anymore. A real problem is, for some of the names I face where this happens, I remember them (having been around since launch) and remember absolutely crushing them before these updates. Now, I can't take em down. They can't KO me either 1v1, but it's pretty silly. AI should not make up for someones inability. Even if I lose, someone NEEDS to lose, these ultra no KO endless grindfests because player 2 has infinite tricks are just awful.
  16. Battle Man Committed Player

You cheated by being better than me.
  17. YodaDog New Player

Im sicka these scrubs always blocking and casting powers and doin combos and stuff... Thats cheating.
  18. Abandon New Player

As a fire tank, I hear this all he time from ice tanks. About how i'm cheating with full t4 with lvl4 resto mods (unmodded & still partial t2 & proud of it), how I'm a healer, how I debuff them because I'm a healer.

Wait... What?
  19. WorldsDown New Player

It's an online game... of course there will be people like that around. It's inevitable.