Is serums dead?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bendmetal, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

I would lop serum with troller. Tech and munitions are trolls. Atomic definitely tank, water healer or tank. But honestly I don't understand why more than one power can't be released at the same time.
  2. Anderson Dre New Player

The it will be a real surprise if they you released Atomic,Water, and Serums together.
  3. Anderson Dre New Player

Make Serum to physical fast troller power for melee close range durability
  4. Amontron Well-Known Player

mepps im whiling to change power from hard light iam now to serums or atomic please dont quit of this powers :)
  5. Amontron Well-Known Player

Water power must be healer and atomic must be controller it makes no sense other way. shadow can be tank perfectly :)
  6. Maradakia Well-Known Player

Personally, I was not that jazzed about serums, but I can see that other people were and would feel that it would be frustrating for them to have this changed post announcement.

I was looking forward to changing my current healer to Atomic though. My only hope was that the colour scheme for the powers wouldn't have to be green/black. I'd really like it if the colours of the power effects were adjustable by us actually.

Speaking of which, as an aside, I was recently wishing my earth pet (brick/crystal) shared the colour scheme of my character.

And in general I was looking at the amazing range of customizability in Champions Online - and though I feel like DCUO is a better game, and have invested much, much more time and money into DCUO, I do think there are some good ideas we could take a note from. Specifically: powers and movement mode effects colours being customizable, and lots of variants on each movement power, like having an option to get fire trails behind your character when flying if you want, or ice trails, or light trails, or all sorts of effects, as well as in general having more customizable body shapes, and options for appearance... not to mention vehicles!

Anyhooo - I digress. Atomic healing was something I was looking forward to, and planning on purchasing.
    • Like x 1
  7. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Something that nobody has mentioned at all in this thread is expanded the list of Iconic Powers to include more aspects of DC that are not worthy of their own full powerset. That would allow all players to dabble in the interesting parts of such powers without the Devs needing to add an entire new set.

Beyond that, I would like to see Shadows added at some point. After that, if the game has Earth, Water, Fire, and Electricity, Air might as well be added as a troll power. Some of the powers could be taken directly from the flight skills while things like a temporary flying buff for the entire group would be awesome. Everything else about Air powers lend themselves to what trollers do so it is an easy fit into the game.
  8. Deathen Blazes Active Player

Old thread, I know, but any updates? Personally, I don't imagine I would like Serums very much, and I haven't been too thrilled about Atomic. I just can't get those combos to work. But I DO love those sound effects lifted from the Nuclear Man in Superman IV.

I'd love water. It could really be a spectacular power if designed and executed properly. The one I'm looking forward to the most is Hope, even though it's nothing more than a quiet whisper on the wind. I enjoy healing and trolling most, so more tank powers have little interest to me.
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I still wanna see serums be a thing.

Water, I feel water needs to bring something new to the table.
    Make it some different class, or something new all together.

Right now every power has an element style to it, Serums would've been different.

It just makes the powerset class feel not so different. Serums would've been interesting with the grappling concept.
  10. John Brawler Committed Player

that's kinda the point. they were supposed to make something new, they had trouble, but instead of working at it they realized "hey, people are complaining that serums "sucks" and they want water, we have animations in game we can recycle for that so we'll do that instead and say it was "community feedback"
    • Like x 2
  11. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

They didn't want us thinking drugs (serums) was okay to do everyday. Drugs are bad!

But then again we have magic, plants, rage, munitions! Oh but drugs are bad. You see, mepps is just trying to watch our backs here. Stay clean my friends.
  12. Pults Loyal Player

As long as Snowflame isn't mentioned I think we're in the clear.
    • Like x 2
  13. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Make for a good tank power. Be like rage, too much goodies and you crash. Pop drugs, immune to pain, inject stabilizer, repeat while tanking boss and ads. And don't forget the 2nd hand immunities. Hehe
  14. Vyltran Loyal Player

Someday, keep that small spark lit!.
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

I'm personally fine with seeing 'Serums' dead and buried. It's a terrible idea for this game (not terrible in general but it just doesn't belong here), and it has all the makings of being another Munitions...another bad idea that never should have gone live.
  16. Oz'Ryel Active Player

Look at it this way if they do mix Serum with Water it could work, I mean blood is made of water and most of our body too, if one can manipulate the water in our bodies and its chemicals like Adrenaline etc...we could shape shift even grow more muscle mass etc... it all depends of what direction the devs take on this power... as it stands I think Water will be more in tone with Atlantian magic...that basically controls weather, storms, wind, a bit of ice and lightning etc...not just water.

You have to understand that powers like Clayface shape shift powers, Bayne Super Strenght, Darkside Omega Beams or even Parasite absorbing and coping powers are basically kinda extremely difficult to bring to life in a game to be playable, not because it hard to do... its because its kinda incomplete...When you fight ICONIC super heroes and villans you notices that most of their powers comes sometime from the Travel power tree than an actual powers...or is just borrowing unique fracture versions of some ICONIC powers, and it just drop short with other powers... and since this is a PvE, PvP game the devs have to consider it carefully.
  17. The2ndSelf New Player

RIP (Hopefully not)