Lower Tiered Raids Near Impossible To Get Into

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is nothing new but it needs to be reiterated. The other night someone was shouting for Khandaq and I joined but it took us a while to get enough people to queue and get in(there were 6 in our group and apparently 2 others queued up to PUG). Last night I shouted for Outer and got exactly 1 person and after 30 minutes I gave up. I did see shouts for FOS but that person shouted for about the same time. There are feats involve with these raids that are now pretty much impossible to complete. Don't know what the devs can do about this. Perhaps change the lower tiered raids into alerts and adjust them so newer players can get the feats but something needs to be done. It's apparent that scant few people are running these raids anymore as most seem to be running the higher tiered stuff only. The new mark system isn't to blame as this has been a problem for quite a while now. If newer players can't get into this stuff, it's going to discourage them further which is not a good thing.
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I'm shocked you found even 6 people pre-queue for Khan....

Also for the lower raids you are better off just queue'ing up solo. Not saying the current situation is acceptable. But making a group for those instances is gonna lead to a stressful night
    • Like x 5
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I've queued up for raids and have gone hours without getting anyone and eventually forgetting I queued up in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  4. guardzman New Player

i usually Que then go farming or run daily grind
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I normally force my league to help with these
    • Like x 1
  6. akaivy Dedicated Player

This is a perfect argument for walk-in portals for all lower tiered raids. But the portal should only be open to those with the required CR.
    • Like x 2
  7. Gargamond Dedicated Player

You have to queue for multiple raids simultaneously to get into raids by queuing. You're not guaranteed to get into any specific raid but you likely will get into A raid. Like ke someone said, just bit farm while you wait. If you want to build a group first, it's better to shout for the specific feat you are trying to get out of the raid. You get people faster when you talk about feats. Remember, raiding for styles is obsolete now. You can get the old styles in the new content. The old raids are literally obsolete in that regard.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Mind explaining your mind set? Because on the one hand I don't see how making portals for more lower tiered raids helps with team building.. If a team leader can't find 7 other people interested in joining a Khandaq raid by advertising on the LFG chat channel and only has 3 or 4 players for a raid set to challenge 8 then how is allowing them to walk into a raid short handed helping? Sure if he's got 6 or 7 they can probably struggle a bit but get by however some of the examples in this thread showed teams of TWO struggling for half an hour to find more. TWO players at the appropriate CR for a raid will NOT succeed and walking in is a huge waste of time

On the other hand one of the reasons we now have these limits on CR for the different tiers was complaints from the community that HIGH LEVEL CR players only looking for feats or styles were rushing through content killing everything in sight, if they didn't skip it entirely, and supposedly ruining the experience for lower CR players doing that raid for maybe the first time. OKAY .. so those High CR players, some of them anyway, are still out there after those feats or styles.. wouldn't setting up your WALK IN portal so they could just go in and solo or duo an 8 man raid, get what they want, and NOT disturb anyone else be exactly what the player base was asking for to begin with?

Now part of the current problem is players with higher CR toons suddenly aren't willing to waste time and energy to have their stats squashed and engage in a Length low level raid that offers them no more rewards than LOOT. There are however some that really want all those feat points and are willing to go through that mess.. BUT if you set CR limits banning them from walking in you effectively cut the pool of players available to join that walk in raid even more.

Just seems to me if they are going to add walk in portals to some of the other raids now only available through the Que .. they should just open the portal and let anyone willing to enter and play PLAY.
    • Like x 1
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

now that skill point don't mean much anymore and theres no marks for lower raids there is really no reason to bother going into an older raid anymore also most of those older styles never drop anyway so 99% of the time you get nothing from older raids.

i play on pc and i have seen people shouting for over an hour for players for older raids and never getting in and i feel bad for them so sometimes i'll join them with my 123cr toon and walk them in just so they can get it done.

its really sad what the devs have done to this once great game
    • Like x 2
  10. akaivy Dedicated Player

I guess I should have said minimum required CR to get in, which is what I meant. I don't believe in walking people through content, so you should be at least the minimum required CR to get through the portal.
    • Like x 1
  11. ChuckLess New Player

NO.
  12. Sumeric New Player

If I'm not mistaken, can't you already walk into:

Khandaq
    Outer Caverns
    Inner Sanctum
    Sub Construct
    FOS 1
    FOS 2
    FOS 3
    GATES
    PRIME

all of this can be done from the HQ unless something changed that I'm not aware of. Now the same can't be said of the operations.
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Not true..Ratpure and Rapture tech are not in the new raids....
  14. seek76 Committed Player

I have alts in the tier 3 range. I run these raids often. I usually duo them. I don't que for them, or shout for them. I have my gf hop on her high cr character and drag me through. If you are on hero pc side leave me your characters name, and I will help you get through these to get your feats done if you would like. Offer is open to anybody who needs the help.
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

It makes me wonder if new players are putting up with this crap. It is crap because Que's used to pop so fast and now they take soooo long. Where are all the new players at? :( Oh well :) "Join a League" "Form your own Group" you know the drill, get to it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

khandaq and fos have walkins already?

Magic and meta wings,

that doesn't help that at tier these need roles?

Most raids up to origin crisis have walkins

exceptions being HOF stuff.