16 player raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TrueArchon, Jun 12, 2015.

1. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Isn't it about time the devs looked into this again? This was a launch plan that got put on back burner. Lets get this cooking again.
    • Like x 1
  2. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

ps3...
    • Like x 4
  3. Pults Loyal Player

Lower end PCs tend to have problems with displaying larger number of players as well. In open worlds 8 player content tends to lag for me, especially the one in NGN raid.
  4. Marine Death Committed Player

Wow I was thinking about this the other day.

Even with the PS3 limitations it is quite possible. You could have two groups of eight on two separate maps that have certain objectives. Then in the end come together on a single map.
  5. HumanoidThrills Well-Known Player

Sadly, I think this is the reason. I also think the ps3 has at most 2 years left in it, realistically 1.5. I just hope that any action taken against the ps3 crowd will hurt as few players as possible.
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

PS3. If its not playable at an acceptable rate on PS3 then it wont be accepted. Also 16-24 man content would require massive amounts of work for both mechanics and spacing. Something I dont think the dev team can do with current tech and time.
  7. Xanoth Dedicated Player

We already have stacking and overwriting issues in 8 player content.

Maybe once that's addressed I'd support larger raids, it's certainly something I'd like to see but right now it would just be a mess and all classes with stacking issues would be excluded. It would also quickly turn into 1 tank 1 troll 1 healer everyone else DPS that had power back AMs. You'd also be designing content the the vast majority of the playerbase wouldn't be playing. Balancing it would effectively be new ground.
    • Like x 1
  8. eanur Well-Known Player

I do agree that 16 person raids are too much for some consoles to handle right now but there is no rule in saying the number of players have to double each time when getting larger. It would not be impossible to have 12 person raids where 3 balanced groups of 4 people have to work both separately to achieve goals throughout the raid and come together at the end.
    • Like x 2
  9. kawe Loyal Player

PS3, powers overwriting, time it takes to find 15 ppl.

These are my main points on why this is not that much of a good idea, at least for now.
    But in general, this sounds like a fun idea. Who kows, maybe in the far future, or if we get DCUO 2. xD

Who would bet that it ends up with 3, max 4 support roles only. :confused: I think that would be the first time we would really struggle for dps server wide.
  10. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Is PS3 really an issue here? Other MMORPGs are available on the PS3, do none of them have group sizes greater than 8? Do PS3 players not regularly have greater than 8 players on their screen during larger PVP? open world PVP, various areas in PVE ... watch tower for one. I just don't see how it's relevant.
    • Like x 1
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

FFXIV has 24 man raids on PS3. And for PS3 players its just god awful. Lag, loading is terrible. However on PS4 its like day and night. 24 man raids are smooth fun and always a great challenge.

I honestly dont think its possible for DCUO to do it considering the size of the dev team, and all the challenges they would face from the PS3.
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Age of Conan has raids with 20+ players in them and that's on PC. That said, this game is now having issues filling 4 player alerts let alone 16 player raids.
  13. Miggly Committed Player

It is hard enough to find 8 players to fill the roles in an 8 man raid.
    • Like x 1
  14. Xanoth Dedicated Player

EQ1, Lineage/Lineage2 has ridiculously big raids, it greatly depends on the game engine though, some just aren't well optimised and become hugely CPU heavy with bigger groups due to poor optimisation. Given what DCUO is built on I'm sure it will have similar CPU bottlenecking at some point. Still it perform better on my PC than EQ2 does and EQ2 is an older game, go figure.

At the risk of sidetracking the thread: played AoC recently? I really enjoyed it at launch, had a lot of fun leveling with a HoX initial raids were pretty good at end game, just couldn't justify a sub on it as a secondary MMO after a few months, wasn't playing enough. Just wondering how it's doing.
  15. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I go on it once in a while although I do sub so I'm essentially throwing $15 away each month. I get as far as fighting the Grim Gray God and don't go much further. Sort of like I do here. I create a new character, level them up to a certain point, and start again.
  16. Xanoth Dedicated Player

That was a fun encounter/quest line, I'd honestly forgotten about it.

I do the same here I must admit, I think I get more enjoyment doing that than running "relevant content" daily on my main.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

It would be fun to see this implemented, but it would be extremely hard to form groups for this if it was implemented BEFORE cross-play.
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

You haven't been playing very long, but back when Black Dawn and Vengeance operations first came out the final bosses were all out in the open world so we could have huge groups fighting them at the same time. It was a total disaster. People would freeze all the time, half the time people would miss out on loot, etc.

Granted this was all on the PS3 and I think it would be much better on a PS4, but there's a reason why the final boss battles are now in an instance instead of out in the open world still.
  19. Jokersjoke New Player

If there was another role added we could have 10-12 man raids. Controllers broken in half or mage/energizer.
  20. Jokersjoke New Player