Fire Tank vs Sorcery healer vs Nature healer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gam3r4Lif3, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I wanna pick one of 3 alts...my main is a 122 celestial and my first alt is 115 HL

Not sure about fire cause im not that into tanking but i love healing

Which of these is the funnest to play with?
  2. Swaggernaut Active Player

Electricity healer!

I hear fire tank is really tough to do but very effective. My friend is a nature healer and he seems to be very good with it. I haven't had many sorcery healers but I've heard they struggle. Then again electricity seems to be the most hated and that's what I do :p
  3. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Actually lol
    Actually lol my main used to be Electric for about 2 1/2 years...i need a break from electric but i might go back i do miss it very much but celestial is greag and fun
  4. VariableFire Loyal Player

If you have to ask and you're not into tanking, don't go Fire Tank. You need more SP than the other tanks to make Fire Tanking work and it changes abruptly at the CR 81 when we get a resto bonus for using a power.
    • Like x 1
  5. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Oh but fire tanking is so exhilarating. Currently trying earth but see an eventual if not soon return to fire. But ill let the fotmers have their fun first
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Sorcery healing is extremely versatile. If people just touch the circle, don't have to stay just touch then sorcery healing is easy. But they don't so it's fun
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

what would you recommend for SP for a fire tank, to be decent.

would 157-165 be decent amount?
  8. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

Such a random CR for the boost to take effect, how did they come up with that?
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

CR 81 is T5. T5 is where armor piercing got so bad that Fire Tanks were wet tissue paper. The resto boost was implemented to counteract this.

Really depends on how you want to play, what weapon you use, and what CR you're at. I love using the WM version of Dual Wielding for tanking, the Bow and Brawling combos make for some CC options that deals decent damage, but that adds a lot of SP. The healing bonus makes the healer innates more potent after CR 81 than before. Still, 157-165 should be plenty. Honestly, with how they've changed the stat behavior, the old SP allotment advice may be lowered.
  10. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Armor Piercing went away with the stat flattening change of GU47, and as far as I know this CR81 restoration work-around for it went away too.
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

Nature healing is effecting but quite boring. Sorcery healing is seen to be quite bad and hard to use but I've never used it. Fire tanking is harder compared to the other tank powers, but it's great fun and can be effective with experience.
  12. Swaggernaut Active Player

My brother uses celestial and he manages to keep us all healed. He loves the totem. That's his bread and butter. Celestial is a good way to go. My vote goes to celestial.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Considering you gave those options, you are doing this mainly for PVP. I would say go nature to have both sides of the coin.
  14. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I'll always respond to sorc healing comments. It's one of the easiest and best healer powers.
  15. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I've been sorcery healing since I started playing (Feb 2011) and have been through wave after wave of people saying it is terrible or not fun. My experience is the opposite. It is a great healing power with many moves that make it effective.
    • Like x 1
  16. VariableFire Loyal Player

The resto bonus upon activation of powers is still there. Unless you mean the CR81 restriction.
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

Like I said, I've never been a sorcery healer and I hardly see that many so I don't know much about it. However, here on EUPS, pretty much everyone would rather get a nature or celestial healer, and their reasoning for it is that nature and celestial is much better.
  18. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Sorcery, I honestly find it a more enjoyable and visually pleasing class.

Every time I play my nature I feel like the person that designed the visuals lives in a city, has allergies and hates nature and just thinks leaf litter and pollen... and maybe carnivorous plants for attacking?! Then you have bug form, which isn't bad looking, but you have little to no customisation options with the character at that point beyond what colour you want smeared over it. no aura either.

Sorcery, everything is awesome and your pets have heavy breathing, if you're into that kinda thing. Watcher pet could do with a bit of love for healing, but it's still perfectly viable.

I'm currently leveling up a second sorcerer, as my 100 sorc is on EUPC and I want one on the US. Plays really well even at low levels and easy to split build without an armoury until you feel it's worth the investment. Fury and Scissor kick while leveling, what more could you ask for?
  19. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

If you enjoy healing, go with Sorcery. It is not as easy as Nature is. I literally fell asleep during a raid using Nature healing. With Sorcery it requires much more skill. I have healed NGN just fine as a 118.
  20. Makineko Committed Player

Nature-Obscenely easy to heal with. I've tried 3/4 of the healing powers and Nature is the easiest, but the least visually appealing power imo.
    Celestial-My mains current power. Love the combos plus it has the best range out of the healing powers. Plus 1 staple move aside the potential loadouts are quite versatile.
    Sorcery-limited with experience on this but I find it fun. Fury hits hard now since his buff too. That being said it is a slightly more challenging power to use but the potential damage it can do is very high.