Why I think Dcuo Struggles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Horus, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I've talked to some of my buddies and as expected some people have already started moving to ESO but who knows if they will stay gone ! when Ff came out the same thing happened
    • Like x 2
  2. PVP360 New Player

Yeah..thats true...but the timing of gu47, eso and these never been seen before dangerously low activity numbers feels completely different than before...I dont think this is the same thing unfortunately
  3. Unida Dedicated Player

the largest, and possibly easiest, problem imo to deal with is this

Content redundancy due to it being linked to tiers and lower tiers having no benefit to higher tiers.

why cut out the relevancy of the vast majority of the best designed, best looking instances featuring some of the most iconic DC characters?

If you are end game level (or even just out of the relevancy window) when is the last time you ran

Outer
    Inner
    FoS 1-2-3
    Gates
    Prime
    etc

Content has been tied to DLC and tied to CR bands. It's just completely wrong. Scale the instances to group composition level for relevancy, drop the mark rewards down as more content to run - allow MMO fans to have some sort of grind.....

Also restricting content relevancy AND charging $2.50 to reset a raid in an MMO is completely stupid.
    • Like x 8
  4. EBANESER11 New Player

DCUO would be nothing without support roles, and with more and more players playing DPS role, it's becoming less fun for support roles, knowing that they have to "work harder" and "try better" to tend to the weakling that is a dps.
    DPS don't even need to try anymore. It's no longer fun, nor is it competitive. It's come to the point to where dps either got it, or they don't(cr = damge =:eek:).
    I've been thinking, after reading this thread, that support roles are not the ones being screwed over, but it's actually the dps. They are constantly getting updates to up their damage while lowering the skill required to do well with it. They are the ones that lost the fun. They made dps role a joke now:(.
    And support roles haven't changed much since weapon mastery. I feel that support roles still play the old dcuo style, which I enjoy. But after seeing more and more dps based updates and buffs, I feel as if the support roles are being ignored. I'm NOT saying that support roles should get AM's because boy I'm not sure if that will make things better!
    Point is: support roles are becoming less needed and are still difficult to find.

I have some ideas in my head that i'm not sure would be beneficial to dcuo, so I want to ask you guys:
    1. What if there were specific combat ratings for each role, which would force one to increase both, your PvE dps cr and PvE support cr?
    2. What if support roles got more precision and might to their role based gear?
    3. What if content difficulty was raised and mutated according to what roles are played in an instance?(ex: 2-2-2-2 group=balanced enemies; 5(dps)-1-1-1 group = enemies deal more damage than normal; 4(dps)-2(trolls)-1-1=enemies do less stuns and debuffs work...)
    *These are only IDEAS, take them seriously but not too seriously.:p
    • Like x 3
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

WHAT???!!! Is somebody actually admitting that the Ps3 isn't good anymore? Holy cow :D

Maybe the "Nothing wrong Ps3 AKA iDontWantToBuyNewConsole"-people should take a look at this post you just wrote, I think it's spot on.
  6. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

And he's wrong here imo.
    He can't word it but it isn't bad dps - you should better call them d u m b dps.
    Maybe it is too time consuming and youtube is easier, but how am's work is written in most power descriptions.
    U just have to play the seasonals by pugging and you'll see how dumb many players are.
    Objectives are written on screen, you'll get alerts and what do most people do?
    Pewpew the boss...
  7. Dark Horus Dedicated Player

I was with the PS3 crowd but in January I saw the light , I was waiting for more games to come to Ps4 . And after living in the light it's hard to go back to the darkness that is PS3
    • Like x 1
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

Any other Ps3 player basically (not everyone, but plenty if we judge out of these forums) have been trying hard to defend their poor little outdated system of darkness, it's nice to hear a fellow Ps3 player speaking some truth about it. Ps3 WILL have to go sooner or later if this game is going to have any future plans above the current standard we have, no way around it.