Sirs, The time of Fire has come.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by metalfenix, Jun 5, 2015.

1. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I'm pretty sure you are well aware of the fact that the majority of the forum population does not have access to the test server. It is quite literally why this thread exist. Because we do not have means to post in the testing feedback. It can also be argued we don't have the means to give appropriate feedback anyway(arguable).

But would you rather have "useless" feedback spread across the forums, or have it centered in one place for easier clean up if necessary?

Also lets not pretend, that those of us without test server access are INCAPABLE of giving good feedback....
    • Like x 3
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're most interested in feedback on the experiences of players actually testing the changes. Your posts earlier in this thread are a specific example of why. It's easy to misunderstand, exaggerate, or forget about factors that matter when it is all speculation. That doesn't mean don't speculate or don't share your opinions, but the hands on experience is most reliable.
    • Like x 13
  3. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Touche

Ok. Then, will you please change the title of the thread so all of the fire communities speculations and opinions are all in one place. I'm sorry for using the word "feedback" in the iteration of this request.
  4. Imsms08 New Player

It still concerns me that cast times are the main source of damage for fire. There are so many things that knock you out of the cast that you lose so much damage. This game isn't cast time friendly.

Would love to see flame cascade's damage buffed and also given the munitions treatment and have increased damage at 12 meter range.
    This would at least give fire an option of a fast damage when the cast time is to risky to use, or adds are almost dead.
  5. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

May help decrease Solo trollers, at least.
  6. metalfenix Committed Player

Sorry for the title, I failed trying to have a dramatic title for the thread lol. Mepps, if you like, change the thread's title to "Fire's AM update: discussion", or something like that.

To be honest, I don't play fire since I quitted playing on PS3, back in T4 time ( when Fireburst got "fixed"), but I'm REALLY HAPPY to see some love to the fire dps community.
  7. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

If anyone has constructive criticisms or suggestions but cannot post it in dev discussions feel free to quote or pm me and Ill post it for you. Fire has relatively small community so I think its important to give the devs as much feedback as possible. Lets make sure we make the changes we want happen this time, so we can finally enjoy the long overdue update
    • Like x 2
  8. Sbel Devoted Player

I think the title's fine. People will just make their own threads no matter what you call it. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. RavenSW Well-Known Player

I believe Enflame was added to go along with the melee range effect along with Fireburst. Not popular at present, but with more options to choose from it could be. Makes it a little less cookie cutter
  10. RavenSW Well-Known Player

Thank you, appreciate knowing fire will have a voice in testing. Interested in knowing what the changes to the power trees are. And agree with what some habe already posted, adding wildfire would be nice, and having more activator options, Enflame, Inferno and if added Wildfire would be ideal, Absorb Heat was always a poor option
  11. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Can you post the following statement:

Can we get the red expulsion VFX we had at the introduction of the AM? The Blue fire is nice, but the red Flame should signify to the player that the FB/MD hit was properly buffed and executed. Plus the red VFX is cool and vibrant.
  12. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Great video Cyber(referring to your test server video).
    Can you post the following statements?

I love what Fire is doing on test but there are a few things I think should be considered:

1. Overheat should benefit from the power regen from Thermal Absorption
    2. The fire noodles that Fireburst spits out must be updated at some point. Not urgent but those noodles of spiral fire are unacceptable
    3. Can we please get the Red burst VFX back in full? It should appear on every successful hit of both Fireburst/MD/Flame cascade while Volatility/Absorption is up.
    4. Absorb Heat needs to be mobile. If the power is designed to be played with jump clipping in mind what's even the point of the animation? Do designers really make animations so they won't be seen?
    5. I still think Thermal Absorption and Volatility should be combined. Fire is not an advanced PI interaction AM but at this point it has more PI's than powers of that nature.
    6. Both of Fire's supercharges Volcanic Calamity and Fireball Barrage cancels all dots. This is a bug that needs fixed.
    • Like x 1
  13. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Thanks for posting so much of my feedback Cyber. Much appreciated. Can you perhaps post another?:

This might be fire's last revamp in awhile. I think it is an opportune time to at least bring these issues up below. Please note, these are not issue that I think are super urgent. But I think if we don't mention them now they probably will never be properly looked over.
    • Enflame still makes Immolation(the power) redundant.
    • Overheat is after all these years STILL on the wrong side of the darn tree.
    • The immolation PI needs to be removed(from the DPS side) or expanded upon in a future update. If it were to be expanded upon it SHOULD be tank related. Immolation interaction needs to be removed from Inferno, and Overheat in DPS stance. That interaction should be replaced with a interaction with burning PI that does the same thing the immolation PI once did.
  14. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Ok one last bit of feedback. This one is going to be pretty radical

The knock up and knock back aspect of the Fire Advance mechanic never really made sense to me. Fire does not do that in any real life, and there is no magical or scientific way of explaining the phenomenon. Fire does not move/push things. I think the CC the fire AM should do instead is a variant of the Crowd Control that Mental utilizes. The Terrorized stun.

The stun that looks like the NPC is trying to pat himself down. Trying to pat the flames away. I'm not sure what that CC stun is called but it is remarkably in line with fire.

Flame cascade should keep it's juggle. But I feel FireBurst and Mass Det should stun adds similar to how mental does. The prospect of getting burnt alive should "Terrorize" enemies. not make them shoot to the sky