Give Sp a meaning !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by spack2k, Jun 5, 2015.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

2. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Farther down into more trees maybe. I always spec into each tree from Bow down. I still have 3 more trees to grab the crits and prec/might points. Points just go in as i recieve them
  3. EP Ice Loyal Player

I thought the point to this game was to build your character up to YOUR liking and be able to beat endgame content. So far, the current system of gear makes you stronger through CR adjustment, all content is beatable. So, why are people asking for adjustments to SP? If people can do their jobs with 70SP than they can do their job. If you are someone who wants to have 200+ SP than that is a personal goal for you and shouldn't be a standard for all players.

I have stated this in so many other threads and I will state it again in this one. Not everyone has time to play this game religiously or every hour of the day so they aren't going to be able to get 200+ SP like those who have all that time. I know people put a lot of time in their toons to make them the best but, again, that is a personal goal.
    • Like x 1
  4. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

I agree. Upping your CR has always been easier, and with mods not even counting toward it any more it's even easier. And while upping CR can be a grind, all one has to have are replay badges or the in-game ability to pay for resets. Upping SP takes patience and in many cases, skill above and beyond what it takes to get gear. I worked my butt off to get my 200+ sp. I want to see it be significant again.
    • Like x 1
  5. ChuckLess New Player

I've known a number of people that don't even know how Skill Points really work at all. They max out the Weapon they use and that's it. THEY DON'T KNOW THE STATS FROM OTHER WEAPONS STILL APPLY WHEN NOT USING THAT WEAPON. Hell, I didn't know that until maybe a year into the game.

I'm guessing Armories have forced people to spec more SP's now, but not how they actually work.
    • Like x 2
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yup I wont hit 200sp due to the fact I dont nor will I ever PvP :p but Im fine with that.
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

They do have a big impact right now. When done with the wm skilling and your basic stats, invest into health: Some hundreds of additional health can mean the difference of barely surviving and being knocked out...
    You can't say they're not worth getting and spend carefully.

What's really bad is the non-percentage iconic powers... we don't have much power points and 100 health more are a Joke when I have more than 7000!
  8. xD25x Dedicated Player

No one is saying that lower sp players shouldnt be able to run and/or beat end game content. The point we are trying to make is that because we spend more time on the grind and have achevied feats that other players dont have we should see more of an increase or at least an increase that matters. Its only right that a 120/200 sp dps should out damage a 123/70 dps. Cr is far ahead of sp atm and with each update it only gets worse. Sp is far harder to get than cr. Spend a few bucks and replay the easiest raid in every dlc and you got the cr but that doesnt mean youve accomplished any of the true top tier feats in that dlc.
    • Like x 1
  9. EP Ice Loyal Player

I get what you are saying and I am not trying to discredit anyone's opinion on this but I just don't think it is a priority at the moment to do anything about SP. There are multiple threads out there at the moment about this topic and I personally think that it is not worth the devs time to even indulge in this topic. So many other things in this game need to be addressed before even thinking about SP right now. Just my thoughts.
    • Like x 1
  10. VariableFire Loyal Player

If any boosts should be changed to percentages it should be those Iconics. We're always getting more SP. We're not getting more Power Points.
    • Like x 1
  11. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

You do make a good point. T4 and T5 raids are far more difficult than T6 and T7 raids (except maybe HH) and that's just ridiculous. Some serious adjustments need to made in content and this nebulous "stat flattening" first.
  12. ChuckLess New Player

The point of this, and EVERY MMO style game, is to get better/stronger/richer through a time sink. A main measurement to time dedicated in this game are Skill Points. Therefore, Skill Point's should make one better/stronger/richer than those that have less.

Simple.
    • Like x 4
  13. Venus Void Dedicated Player

I consider sp the only judge of progression, regardless of the stat increases. A person with 200 sp I would say has progressed "farther" in the game than someone with 100 sp.
  14. Imsms08 New Player

If anything I would like to see them change the value of the stats so that the value would scale with your cr.

Ex. Cr 80 would get plus 9 might, cr 126 gets plus 20 might.

Would be even better if they made everything percentages instead that way the gains would grow with you.
  15. Venus Void Dedicated Player

I didn't look much at the thread besides the OP before 1st commenting, this sums up my thoughts exactly.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ghostof91 New Player

Your words of wisdom is hurting their heads, they cant comprehend my friend.:cool:
    • Like x 1
  17. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Give those with high sp a new tier in weapon trees that only those can reach when they accumulated a certain amount of SP.
    Put some really good stat boosts in those trees as well.
    Percentage based would be a start.
    • Like x 1
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

In a lot of MMOs that is the case, but DCUO has always done things a little different. With this game, your ability to play your character counts for more than you might see in other MMOs or games.

Higher skill point totals haven't meant and shouldn't mean an automatic level of superiority over other players, as some would like to see happen. It's always been more of an indicator of higher potential over other players, because you still need to play your character well to maximize that potential.
  19. Ummagumma Active Player

Why would you have more this doesn't even make any sense on any level.
  20. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

because I've grinded out anything there is to possibly grind, and gone out of the way to get every feat i could possibly get done in game. not every feat is complete, but i'm extremely close. Feats=skill points