How to make powers more worth it to buy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Senzerar, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Senzerar Level 30

I have recently purchased the munitions powerset and I really love it, but I think that with the upcoming powersets and movement variants they could do something to make it more awesome.

Give 1-2 inspired styles for the power itself, like I've seen in another thread like Deadshot/Sgt. Rock inspired gear. For Atomic they could do like Firestorm inspired.

I think currently the 600 DBC is a bit much for only the power/movement since that means that in the eyes of the developers back before they split it up the main reason of the DLC were the powers and not the DLC's. Since the DLC's would only be worth 4$ with this kind of divide.

So with extra styles it seems to me that it could better bring out the worth of a powerset.
    • Like x 1
  2. Vyltran Loyal Player

Power tokens are really cheaper than before, reducing it cost will affect DB as a company. So basically, it would mean that hotfixes, updates won't matter anymore cause they are working for us for free, which is not really fair.

Real marketplace items are good as they actually are. Not everyone can't afford Legendary or maybe buy episodes or bundle packs, but if you want the best experience on DCUO, you should do fine with a small investment.
    • Like x 2
  3. Senzerar Level 30

I'm not talking about the power tokens. I'm talking about the powersets themselves. which are also a nasty little price since you can only buy daybreak cash in the 500 or 1000 variant. which makes me less inclined to buy it at all since then I'm stuck with excess daybreak cash.
    • Like x 2
  4. Perseus Chase Committed Player

I don't know how much Ill spend if they have some characters inspire styles (new 52 and some classic styles) since I probably buy every styles that are on the market.
  5. Senzerar Level 30

I might do that too. :) But it was more like if they release Atomic for example include in the powerset a style that is correct with the powerset. So that you can look a little bit like the original inspiration of it.
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

What to do to make powers more worth it? Make them different and fun to play.

Why would I buy a controller power, when every single controller power plays nearly identical to the other. Sure, some stuns are different looking, but in the end all we do is throw POT, defense debuff a boss and throw power. There's no variation at all. Even the DPS version of most powers is very similar to others (Gadgets, Mental and Quantum all have incredibly similar AMs). What roles are fun to play anymore? Healing has become nothing but healing the tank (because everything kills the group), Controlling is giving power to the tank because all DPS have power back mechanics and some healers (nature) and DPSing is spamming whatever 3 powers work in your AM over and over and over and over and over again without thinking about damage modifiers, speed, clipping ,etc. I have a lot of issues with how roles interact, how raid/combat mechanics work with certain roles and just how some powers play in general.

Give me variety, make them fun to play, make raids bring out all of a roles capabilities.
    • Like x 5
  7. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

^^ what Greenman said
  8. grendel007 Well-Known Player

I say do away with roles. Let every toon be fully customizable. You could have armories for every role and loadout you wanted. You could have alts for different powers but could customize each one to play how you wanted.
  9. ChuckLess New Player

Boy, I wish! But not in this game. The majority of the playerbase want each and every power to be exactly the same for the sake of balance.
    • Like x 1
  10. Senzerar Level 30

I certainly agree with making more variety in them, that would be cool as well. I don't really see for example why I can't control a group with ice.. I just freeze them all in one place and they can't do anything... Fire the same way.

But stilll I think that a small drop in price to 500 DBC (easier to purchase) or adding a little extra to it would be awesome.