Crystal after Hotfix?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by NyyPope, Jun 3, 2015.

1. NyyPope New Player

Did Crystal's damage get affected I could tell a difference tonight in duo's that I run daily and always I mean always beat my homeboy. But for some reason that was not the case tonight he beat me two times and Ive changed nothing. Just curious it was not by much bit still in just never happens. Wanted to know if anyone else noticed anything strange?
    • Like x 2
  2. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

hmm im reletively new to earth(switched 2 weeks ago) but frm then to now it seems like im doing more dmg...im specced prec
  3. NyyPope New Player

Im Prec to I was just curious if anyone else had issues might have been lag
  4. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

lol maybe or your friend snuck in a quick flex soda lmao jk
  5. weirdblue New Player

Crystal's epi center is hitting a lot less then before look at the damage compared to when she uses striking stones
    • Like x 1
  6. Klarion Prime New Player

I noticed an issue as well and now realize what was happening. I didn't pay attention to the damage log so I didn't know what was going on until I saw this but usually crystal hits with striking stones then epicenter.I kept seeing her numbers go from 18-20k down to 11-12K more often then not when she used the moves back to back without any change in distance between myself and the target. The numbers from Striking Stones and Epicenter are usually just about the same. Something must have got messed up with the near/range modifier for epicenter in the update.
  7. NyyPope New Player

That's exactly what was going on with mine.
  8. NyyPope New Player

He is Quantum and Normally I Blister him in Duo's cause I kill everything before he has a chance to get his powers off because of the my Prec being so high but not last night I hit a wall. And he is 115 I am 118 hahaha but in all fairness I am not that great at Dps or Grammar Lol.
  9. weirdblue New Player

Hope they fix this cause crystal is hitting low numbers with epi center and should be hitting like striking stones
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

people dont always play at the top of there game.. you cant win them all and no they haven't touched the power
  11. Klarion Prime New Player

Spord would seem to disagree with your last statement, but don't worry, you can't be right all the time Drathmor.
    Lacedog said:
    “Hey spord. Thanks for taking a look into this and getting a fix in. Can you confirm the damage was adjusted for crystal as well in this fix? Ive noticed a significant change in my damage out using the parser compared to what was happening before. Thanks.”
    And Spord replied:
    The duration of the ability was inadvertently changed while fixing the targeting issue. This has caused the damage change you are seeing because now it is only using the animation time instead of a set duration. Crystal also uses a different version of Epicenter when she is summoned while you are in Tank role (not that anyone does that) but the targeting fix didn't hit that version. So I will update both of these things.

While I am fixing and re-fixing let me know if Crystal is still not targeting enemies.
  12. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

I notice this to. Crystal got nerfed. No fix to the bug crystal has. I even added the crush pis but didnt make a difference.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

when was this posted there is no time stamp and I never saw this unless it was posted today..

but as the man said him self it was a inadvertent change not a intentional one. so they didn't touch the power just that some hot fix has created a issue that needs to be corrected.. so wasn't wrong in my statement technically but hey I cant catch everything i do have a job to do in between responding to people on here ;)

Edit: I found the post origins so no need to post the time stamp
  14. Klarion Prime New Player

No on ever said it was intentional, I correctly called it as being an unintentional side effect of the hot fix (though a different root cause than I thought) if you look at my original reply to this thread. But the tone of your post was condescending to the OP and contained a blanket statement that the power hadn't been touched; implying we were all full of it for thinking it had, so I had to tweak your nose for it. The statement I copied and posted clearly shows Spord acknowledge it was detrimentally effected when he "touched" it for the hotfix on the 3rd. Don't want to start an argument with you but I do think you should be able to just admit you were wrong.
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Ok, will be fixed, more calm now :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Juggalow New Player

My crystal attacks use to hit 17-20k on 1 add consistently mid-close range now crystals epicenter is doing almost half damage 11-13k now and my crystal is using epicenter to often im losing alot of damage cuz the striking stone still hitting good.
    • Like x 1
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Crush or Fortify Golem works. I just keep Fortify Golem active. I keep totem up for the critical damage increase and reinforce for the critical chance and precision.

Using DW into Explosive shot as a 116 with a 102 weapon my explosive shots are hitting in the 30K range regulary. I have no complaints. Crystal CR for me though is 121 due to my tank role. I'm hoping to get that up to 124ish tonight. If not, maybe 123.

She was hitting around 15-20K with striking stones prior to the 6/3 hotfix. I have not tried her out since, so I have to try it out today.

Overall I'm please they put in time to fix Earth. I want Fire to get the same love. Than HL, Ice, Nature and Electric. That should almost balance all powersets. Maybe Gadgets need a fix, maybe. I seen some players put out Munitions type of numbers with Gadgets EMP.
    • Like x 1
  18. NyyPope New Player

Thanks see that the Hotfix today is gonna touch up the Issue. Which it was not a big deal but I had been using the power so much I could tell something happen that makes me feel good LOL.

I seen a Nature beast everyone in NGN the other day I'll Post the screen shot in here later for ya ME Begnals Fan He was 118 going against 124 and 125 and another 118 . Celestial,Rage,Mental and he took them all out I was kinda shocked.
  19. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

122 cr and crystal is not hitting how she was hitting about a few weeks ago, if they really nerf crystal i`ll be pissed off
  20. Aggro Well-Known Player

They nerfed her when they fixed the epicenter range, then buffed her back plus 2k more dmg, then nerfed her 2k dmg less.

Just like scissor kick, begining of update 48, it was trash, then buffed it to hit 35k nerfed it to 25k and now 15k-22k.

Lol its no mystery to me with the ninja nerfs or buffs i can tell... the problem will be when the new ice, fire, and gadgets come to match it.

Matching powers like arctic gust and fireburst is Kool but with earth? Crystal doesn't hit as frequently, if you guys r leaving her as is its fine but buff earth's dots and might ticks while she's active already, or buff reinforced if the idea is having earth as a precision power.
    • Like x 1