Can't beat em so I guess I'll join them. Which FotM cheese should I play?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by ThePhilosophy, May 31, 2015.

1. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

I wouldn't put fire tanking into the FOTM category anymore. They were nothing special at the start of the season. The thing that made them unstoppable again was the big restoration buff starting at CR81. Far as I can tell, that's gone as part of the stat flattening, which removed the armor piercing that made it necessary.

During the period it was seriously OP, I used to win something like 90% of my fire tank 1v1 matches. As soon as GU47 dropped, I was back to getting shredded by every serious HL player, and getting abused by the mental mess too.

I'd put HL, nature wolf form, rage, mental, and even ice dps over fire tanking in PvP now. My scoreboards show me losing more damage in fire tank role than I gain in self-healing. It's still by far the best of the tank powers in PvP, but you don't just heal through all your botched counters anymore.
    • Like x 1
  2. hyperpimp New Player

I do it all the time
  3. Venus Void Dedicated Player

And this is where all this talk about different PvP skill levels comes into play, no offense to you, but you don't seem quite knowledgeable enough to even understand what these players are trying to explain to you about what exactly makes HL a top PvP power.

It doesn't seem like you've PvPed enough at a truly competitive level to understand the different balances and imbalances between powers, and I don't claim to know everything either, that's why it doesn't hurt to listen to some (not all) of the advice given by some of the more experienced players here on the forums.
    • Like x 4
  4. kravonik New Player

wait.....HL is a top PVP power.........

:)
  5. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Yes, HL is a top PvP power.

To be exact, it's THE top PvP power.
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Especially now that light weight is hitting for 40k.
  7. kravonik New Player

well hell, I might as well become a FOTM player.

Screw getting better at PVP. Just take the power that hits for ALOT.
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Uhm, yea.....HL is ridiculous lol. I still need a lot more practice, but it's definitely a lot easier than gadgets at the moment. I still had some of my Prec/might mods in so I was only going in with a little over 3k Prec, so once I mod all prec it should be even more OP. I'll stay with this for awhile until I get all the mods for my troll.
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Just use light weight now :p
  10. Venus Void Dedicated Player

I guess that's for you to decide.

I know I wouldn't want people to feel about me how I feel about them after they beat me with HL.
  11. kravonik New Player

I was joking.

IMO, being in Nexus of PVP means trying to get better at PVP and not rely on FOTM.
  12. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Sounds like a respectable league motto.
  13. PillowHands Committed Player

Directly off the tray?
  14. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Oh no you don't, teaching an FOTM an exploit is always a mistake.....
    • Like x 1
  15. PillowHands Committed Player

I'm a healer. I try to not heal then we have no healers :(
  16. axcel heals New Player

If you really want to get marks go and do legends pvp 1v1 batman its full with noobs that are robin and always go to the nodes instead of the center etc
  17. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

What does this have to do with the OP?
    • Like x 1
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

As far as I can tell it doesn't.
  19. MentosTroll Loyal Player

The OP wanted fast marks for PVE mods. Unless the OP has 99-100 PvP gear, it'll be faster to grind marks in legends the Arena. Atleast it's a fairly even playing field
  20. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Fair enough. Thanks.