Task Force X for PVE to help villain side

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, May 29, 2015.

1. Reformed New Player

Yes, after thinking about it, if there was an option, there's no way you could get heroes in your group. Suicide Squad is about fighting under the same faction name. Basically, villains can choose the option to not be placed on the hero side. In PVE, it couldn't work like that. It would have to be with heroes or without, no in between.
  2. Faust74 Loyal Player

Win what? Being a D'bag Feat? I kid, I kid.... Not really.
    • Like x 1
  3. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I like the idea as an option, however, if anyone has suicide squad turned off should not have a member of the opposite faction end up in their team. I don't mean just the pugger, I mean the people looking for a pug, as well. If a single person does not want to run with a member of the opposite faction they shouldn't have to.

As an alternate idea, how about not making it for just quing up, but make it to where if the group wants to invite a hero from their friends list, they can.
  4. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Was trying poke fun in a harmless manner. Hero vs villain sort of thing. Appologies if I offended anyone.
  5. Maximus Hunter Well-Known Player

You have a very simplistic understanding of what suicide squad actually is. Suicide Squad not only puts you in an opposite team but also has to flag you as harmful to the fraction that a player belongs to. In essence this prolly the reason why its Suicide Squad for villains and task force x for heros. Teams in this case would be the different instance that each fraction has. Turning it off would only allow que into the instance of the players fraction but would still allow heros to play inside of this instance as the task force x process essentially flags them as villains.

So by suicide squad logic, this brilliant idea is completely optional but is unfortunately mandatory when a person from an opposite fraction has chosen differently.
    • Like x 2
  6. just an honest dps New Player

agreed. hey i played with you and some of your league mates recently. i enjoyed the run and you guys seemed like very cool people. :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Good times.

You ever need a tank hit me up bud.
  8. Faust74 Loyal Player

I'm not offended. Just playing my role. [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Ok lets spell it out.

Villain 1- SS off
    Villain 2- SS on
    Hero 1- SS off
    Hero 2- SS on

Unlike pvp, pve instances are literally separate instances sometimes (t6 rage vs averace impunity)

Hero 1 and Villain 1 will queue up and LFG and only be able to get into their respective factions version of the instance as per usual.
    No one from the optional faction is involved.

I don't think the original poster is even arguing for the same idea implemented in pvp.

In pvp, the feats are the same between factions and they even go into the same instance.

I'm not quite sure it'd be complex as the factions harming eachother within pve context. Save very few pieces of content all of the adds are the same between factions

If 3 heros with it all queued up with SS, a villain would fill the 4rd role, they end up in the hero side version of instance, villain gets marks, helps out sees something unique, can't get unique hero feats.

I think it would literally involve them coming up with a tertiary pool for queues. The fact that pvp is about who damages who and pve is about which version of the instance people end up in.

The largest downfall would be the larger populations decision as to whether or not to partake in the system.
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Something that would allow villains to get their marks. Especially in the early T1-T4 stage.
  11. Maximus Hunter Well-Known Player

Lets put it this way then, every single thing players fight within an instance could be the same up untill a fraction specific ally comes into play. In order for this fraction specific ally to fight alongside the players they would have the same flag as the players fraction. The devs have shown that spawning the Lex Luthers and Batmen from origin crisis in proximity to each other will cause them to fight. Devs even have trouble killing the allys if they accidentally spawned it and if the devs are of the same fraction.

If they had the time and resources for the implication of a new system specifically for these ideal que times of old content and have people gearing up without feats, then sure why not. The end result would just be a highly geared villain/hero with impossibly lower skill points possible before this system.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

This idea is mainly to help the villain side, particularly the early stages to early T5.

I could however see devs doing 2 things with this:
    1. Opening the gap between heroes and villains thus creating massive amount of old to some, new to many content to players.

Or

2. Using this like my original statement to help new villains level up and not have to suffer through terrible que times
  13. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Ps Villian side is healthy. I log on everyday even since GU47. I would only support this if PvP was a mandotary turned on thing, so I can sneak attack the heroes before I initiate a kick.

If not, I for sure would retire my tank and troll from raids.
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Lol if villain side is so healthy, then why does it take me 30-45 min for a single alert to pop for my T2 villain. And this is USPS, the largest populated server.

Everyone needs to look at the bigger picture and not just endgame population.
    The game cant thrive if it cant bring in new customers.
  15. Krypton Dedicated Player

I do not want to run with you slimy villains. :) give me an opt out, and fine put it in.
    This game should of never allowed people to play villains. Your not villains.
    DC would never allow villains to do what they are supposed to do. It ruined the game quite frankly. With a small team they have to develop for two factions, which ruins the game for all. It is what it is.
    If everyone was just hero, you would have no que times, and we would not have half azz story lines to make the villains feel different.
    • Like x 1
  16. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

I really do have to ask - what is the difference between the hero T7 duos and the villain T7 duos? Well...I asked, so I'll answer: the final boss. Mad Harriet or Orion, Mantis or Mr Miracle*.

Intergang Crimewave? Uhh....actually, the bosses are the same if I recall correctly.

At this stage, I can't comment about the alerts or raids...lousy villain queues :(

And if I'm playing a villain, do I really care who I'm fighting? No sir, I don't....I'm fighting for the same reason that I'm fighting as a hero....marks and gear.

Oh, you want me to save the world? Cool...what's in it for me? Nothing....eh, I just remembered I have to wash my hair tonight sorry.

Although faction re-specs would also be ideal, and possibly more cost effective to implement.

* and if I had to wail on Mr Miracle as a hero, when I was questioned about it later I'd just say I was brainwashed <_< >_>
    • Like x 1
  17. iSmashly New Player

Much like the task force X you'd probably have the option to turn if off. Iv always found it entertaining that most heroes have no issues with the villain many of us have villain characters we enjoy using meanwhile the villain side its like a tumblr style hate campaign because of the of a few bad apples you ran into when you left your echo chamber.
    Iv never really understood your popularity carnage, your Harley Quinn RP has always been cringe worthy.
  18. Pults Loyal Player

To be honest, hero side has a few die-hard fanatics as well.
    As much as I like playing the bad guy, it's not worth my time with the amount of players on villain side. Pushing civilians off the roofs is entertaining but waiting for god knows how long for a silly alert is not.
    As far as affiliation goes I'd be fine being an anti-hero or a guy who does stuff for the fun of it either for Lex or Bat's, doesn't matter to me. I don't want to flag myself as a hero nor a villain but I enjoy certain aspects of both.
    Also having alts sucks, one toon all day every day.
  19. metalfenix Committed Player

PC villains need this badly. Plz devs, make this happen.
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Seeing how the game works, creating a faction change token would be difficult to create. As once you do this it would not only change your hate, but also your mentor and also gear across the entire game would have to be altered to where it isnt restricted by Hero or Villain.

While I see task force X a much quicker fix to the immediate problem like how they did with pvp. However I do see a faction change token in the works but much later down the road, even perhaps after the new UI.