Water power coming

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by same Johnny, May 29, 2015.

1. grendel007 Well-Known Player

I would never play another power again
  2. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They game munitions a bandanna , anything is possible.
  3. Trinidad James Loyal Player

LIES!!! Water DPS really be like
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The thing is Shadow powers is even in the game. There was a Shadow artifact in Necropolis
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

S
    serums was announced as super strength those who wanted mad scientists were wanting something it was never supposed to be ... Now us super strength fans have lost something we've been waiting 4 years for... Screw it ...

This is all but cinfirmed it's basically gonna happen and seems I'm in the minority here only cause water was attached to it ... Whatever
    • Like x 1
  6. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Yup! The mass shadow concoction consumable and also the trigonic vortices.
    This should happen.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

And a water artifact, and everyone called me crazy when I said that meant Water powers were coming! Ok nobody called me crazy, but still.
  8. axcel heals New Player

if they really make water powers and atomic powers they need to make it a very large dlc during the summer that would involve all cr players and it should bring some new features like the home turf did with mainframe or lighting strike did with the trinkets

maybe something like a raid to Atlantis and in Atlantis

they could introduce a new pvp tournament where 100's of thousands of players will be put up against each other (1v1 2v2 3v3v etc.) and at the end of the tournament there will be a winner that the whole of dcuo will see for a week etc. this could replace the ever so boring Friday night legends

the dlc could also have new skins , new body sizes and most of all anew weapon much like chains, chains has the capabilities to be like staffs leaping overhead strike and one handeds flurry, for range the player could spin the chain like a cowboy does and it will fling little pieces of the chain at the npc (tap triangle for PS or tap mouse for pc ) then the player could swing the chain at a faster rate for a block breaker (hold triangle for PS and hold the mouse for pc )
    [IMG]
    the dlc could be based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_(DC_Comics) Neutron enslaving Atlantis with http://comicnewbies.com/2015/01/12/aquaman-vs-neutron/

Now I just want to state to DCUO and its creators that everything I have written is not copyrighted so feel free to take any of these ideas and use them I will not sue I would literately rejoice if you can implement even one of these ideas into our game so please consider it

A new feature would be to implement elemental advantages to the game or better called power mastery whereas ice, and water are the only powers that can cancel out fire and munition de buffs in pvp and vice versa, or just water and electricity working together grants heavy stuns for all npcs and bosses in pve mental and fire could provide an additional burn/stun or control and buff to mental users, celestial and and sorcery will have heavy I MEAN REALLY HEAVENLY HEALING, once again water and nature would have large stuns for pve only though, mental and rage tanking can make the rage tank to have a large tanking buff or dpsing buff, For pvp nature vs earth would be have earth slowing down the nature advanced mechanic and nature being able to stun and root the earth pet for long periods of time, for pve ice and water creates a higher chance of freezing the npc's as ice doesn't freeze that much, munitions and gadgets would a one sided version whereas gadgets provide a double dpsing from the munition (much like making a virtual clone that does everything that the original does of course this would have to be very limited ad should remain only for pve), if Atomic is introduced it should work very well with fire and either grant the group a healing or defence buff that lasts even when the player dies or just enters an instance, this is good fro 8v8 groups and should be used for pve and pvp,

for HL Quantum their is not that much that could be added to them as they have not elemental capabilities, but just to complete it

HL would work together excellently with mental as just like rage above the mental power could increase the will or fear making stronger and harder stuns in pve, this specifically would bring back HL controlling as I have not seen a HL controller since last year September, LOL im serious

As for Quantum it would be best to link it to gadgets as gadgets can increase the rooting strength and durations it could make the distance for
    Quantum Tunnelling

to be largely increased,

The advanced power mastery will change the way dcuo is played as it will bring back the use of 2-2-2-2 formations in pve raids and it would also make pvp a lot more fun and competitive. if this pan is used I would advice dcuo to use a large scale advertising in Europe and the USA as this would bring in a lot of new players, this works well for both pve and pvp as the buff given to lower pvp player would convince them that they have a fighting chance

these suggestion are some of the many suggestions ive been thinking of in the past 2 years please consider them and message me if you want any more ideas. great WORK DCUO TEAM I HOPE TO SEE MORE FROM YOU GUYS IN THE FUTURE

I have lots of plans and ideas to help improve DCUO and I such as
    league ideas: at the begging of the game make leagues recruit new players and help then they should help the new player out so that they could level up to 30 etc
    what is to come: all players should be able to stream a viewing of raids or alerts that higher cr players are doing. All they would do is que up but they would not be able to attack npcs or interact with the players or talk to them. the new players would be able to see a live view of how the dps is dpsing or how the controller does their power management and same for healer (this is a lot like what is used in Friday night legends only that this one that viewer would be able to see the damage/power/healing etc)

i have many more suggestion but its getting late here please message me if you want any more ideas
  9. Krypton Dedicated Player

OMG I remember seeing that as a kid. I even had this over sized comic that they all signed lol
    Great pic. :)
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Well I wanted both a super strength tank and atomic tank. We still one because Serums is not canceled. It also means Serums will likely be released first as it is probably almost done. So next round tanks are likely first.
    • Like x 1
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

I don't know how to feel as I have wanted all three of these powers so badly.

On one hand I have always wanted a way to play more like Superman, the Flash, etc, and Serums was the answer to a superstrength based power and sounded like it could have some fun concepts beyond just superstrength. Also the one thing that has held back my desire to campaign for water was whether they could make it look as awesome as I always have loved the visual possibilities of Water.

On the other hand having Atomic as a Tank would be awesome, and it is freakin water!!!

So, I'm just really conflicted right now. Curse you Spytle!!:p
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I think this is canceling serums and bumping atomic up into its place I think serums us going to be scrapped all together...

They should have just did a kinetic energy tank as I think havin recommended.. Using kinetic energy to buff you up super strong and it easily would have a ranged dps with out any struggle ... Atomic could still fill the void as a super strength powerset if they do it right where it appeases bith the super strength fans and atomic...
  13. Revoemag Committed Player

If there is a Dev in the sky watching down on us then they will make it happen.
    Shadow troll fml
    • Like x 1
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Overall I'm finding myself conflicted.

I'm happy for those who had asked for Water powers all this time, but at the same time I can feel for those who were waiting on Serums and are now looking at it being pushed back.

On a personal level, I know I'd at least check out the power set if something in it interests me, but my track record on interest in healing power sets is pretty poor (I've only got one Healer power set among my eight active characters). And if I did like it? I'd be facing the choice of starting yet ANOTHER character when I don't really need to (already have too many total lol) or revamping WaterCooler from Ice to Water and making her an active character (again, already have too many LOL).

[IMG]

Most of my vanity characters have powers I already use on my active characters, so I'd almost feel obligated to progress WaterCooler if I switched her over to Water powers. It'd feel like I was wasting the power use otherwise.

Yeah, I know, I'm weird like that. :D
    • Like x 1
  15. Mandarin New Player

Why announce Serums to be next and then throw this curveball?

Let me put my tinfoil hat on and just say I think they may be having some issues with the Serum's "Grappling Mechanic" that they announced at SOE Live... Daybreak... Now?.

But I'd imagine they'd be more upfront and honest about that or will be soon. As long as it isn't scrapped altogether, I'll be alright with this. Water makes for a better healer and Atomic would be a better tank, concept wise.

One thing is certain though, a new power will come out and I'll play the hell out of it. And it will be awesome.
    • Like x 1
  16. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Can we get a Water Vomit Tsunami Supercharge please?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Spytle specifically said Serums is just being pushed back. They likely see an opportunity on their hands to please the tank crowd in it's entirety and the healer crowd. They saw the positive response to the aquaman fight and said that since the player base likes the powers they can do water powers(meaning they expected the player based to want water to literally have all the watery physics associated with it). Serums is likely done and ready to test at this point. Atomic is probably far enough along that it can become a tank power. I doubt they will just cancel all the work they did especially with the demand for super strength. It gives them time to work on Atomic more save Serums for maybe a tie in with an episode now that there is monthly content in order to get people to by 2 pieces of content that month and give the majority what they want. We who want super strength lose on instant gratification now but we win with having two cool tank powers on the way.
    • Like x 2
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I definitely think they bit off more than they could chew with the serums mechanics and they seemed aimless with the heaint aspect of atomic.. I think these two reasons are why they should be upfront it's the least they could do for those of us who were crazy about the thought of serums
    • Like x 1
  19. Kreachure Committed Player

Wait, whatever happened to #Unitethestyles ?
    • Like x 1
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Where did he say it was being pushed back? And does this mean the Heaker power is next?