Hop 2 a DEVs Please!! make gear cr match the past !!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, May 23, 2015.

1. AJPro Committed Player

As we get drowned in 98 gear that is beyond useless and insulting....and the devs give reasons like we need common gear and do not want to level too soon....blah blah blah.

Bottom line there is no reason for the gear set up and it ignores past practice. In the past the new gear started with the premise the last tier was the base to exceed, and that solo, duos, and alerts need progression I.e. They are not all the same.

So easy fix that hurts absolutely no one below

Hop 2 drops

Random open world - 96. 99
    Solo missions. - Current 98, 102. Fix 102, 104
    Duos - Current 98, 102. Fix 104, 106
    Alerts. - Current 98, 102. Fix 106, 108
    Broker. - Current 108. Fix 109
    Raids. - Current 102, 110. Fix 108, 110

See, I did not change the top gear cr, meaning no impact on next dlc, I followed the past progression on origin crisis etc...
    Again I see no reason why for the 98 flood, it makes no sense...it is like the devs want yo bother us.
    Also with our cr posted next to our name their new plan for gear could not come at a worse time
    Finally, they changed gear cr during past dlc yo fix unfairness why not now?
    devs?
    If you agree please like, maybe one day before the three months of this dlc is over we can get gear choices and drops that make sense.

Btw, forums normally involve people trolling opposition....I am honestly can not think of a reasonable reason devs should not make this change?
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Wait you want 109 gear (a completely new gear that they'd have to create, by the way) in the Broker ??
  3. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Looking at it, probably means vendor.
  4. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

So regular raid drops 108, vendor 109, rare (purple) and elite 110. Now that damage in and out is CR based, you need a big jump of CR between regular raid drops and vendor and purple drops, otherwise the value of the best gear will decrease. Your idea is not going to happen.
    • Like x 2
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Thought about writing an essay then thought better of it.

Just, no at least in relation to the things we know about already.
    • Like x 1
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Duos and alerts should never exceed previous DLC raid gear. That content is far too easy and the only progression we should get from that is marks of victory and like generator mods/plans. Nothing else. It was always silly that a single duo that takes 5 minutes gave me better gear at a better rate then a raid that took people 4-5x as long to beat. The people who were beating Throne elite shouldnt have to spend months hoping they got a 101 piece, only to see everything that falls in the new stuff be higher CR. I always hated that, especially considering how lucky you had to be to get drops in the first place in old content.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

They created the gear gap so we'd feel the power increase with vendor gear and raid gear more.
    And vendor and raid are only 2 away so you don't feel crapped out if you don't get lucky with 110s.

The 98 gear isn't as bothersome because, now you can go for base item, extra mark fe7, and try to sell the stuff you don't want.
  8. Falco Committed Player

T7 solo gear should not be higher than T6 raid gear. No way at all should everything be better than elite drops. Salvage 98's for r&d (or feats), collect 102's for off-role (or donations for prestige), take the extra mark, collect plans for sale or for alts, base items for the feat (or league hall/base), buy 108 gear when you can, and be happy when you get a 110 drop.

The new loot system is the best it's ever been. At this point these threads that keep popping up all sound like spoiled children wanting everything right now. :rolleyes:
  9. Shad0wReap3r Committed Player

Not disagreeing with your result, but I believe he intended that to mean that a raid in general will drop commonly 108, and rarely 110. I do not believe he intended it to mean regular vs elite, as there is no regular vs elite for solos, duos, or alerts(yet).
  10. Skirmish Well-Known Player

In that case shouldn't they make the Duos and the Alert harder? I agree with you that in their current state the Duos and Alert doesn't deserve to be more than 98/102 Gear but I don't think it should stay Low Difficulty / Low Reward , especially the Duos.

I honestly don't think many people would complain if they made the Duos more difficult but increased the rewards to match the difficulty. It would be nice for Tier 7 content to actually have Tier 7 rewards.