MAKE SKILL POINT MATTER AGSIN

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LORD CAKE, May 18, 2015.

1. Mousebreaker85 New Player

I agree whole heartedly especially since the game has changed so much
    Asking new players to put in the years of grinding sp would put off people joining and thats what we need now more than ever as its dead
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i agree that skill points in the game need to be edit

i kinda hate the fact that someone can be cr 125 and only have 40 skill points or 60 its crazy and they can still hit as much as damage
    as us with the am.

i think they need to find a way where the skill points increase you am
    if you want more power you get it you want in to hit more damage more skill points the more you get out of the am

if you dont have a lot of skills points you don't hit high damage and dont get that much power back that's what i think it should be.
  3. No Crying Committed Player

I don't think at this point they can make skill points matter more than cr... Too many people are focused on cr now and if they change it they would alienate too many players by making sp so important... I have been in the 160's in sp for a while now because it's like why grind sp if the devs have clearly made cr the focus of the game
  4. Sardik New Player

Right now skill points are pointless, a 123 DPS with 220sp+ hardly can do what a 126 DPS with 120sp does, a 120 tank with 220sp+ can't resist the same amount of damage a 126 tank with 100sp and healers and trollers have a higher change to b one shoted.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mousebreaker85 New Player

I understand feeling that way because of the grind put into it . It took me a long while to hit 202 but that would be rewarding players by how long they have played which isnt done in mmo's because new players would always be inferior to day 1 players
    And no one will join a game where they can never catch up.
    That would be like asking people to sit back for 2-3 years and not do any end game content because no one will want people in a group that cant put out the damage or heal as well as others .
  6. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

Just before Update 47; I finished my 250 BoE duos. I can't see anyone doing that again.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you do got a good point. but if they had crossover severs this might not be a problem,
  8. darkscarletx Loyal Player

It shouldn't be called skill points but BONUS POINTS.
  9. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

People talk about skill and sp but then complain about content when it's hard and requires skill. ??Hmm? t3-t5 all had examples of this soo to my understanding the community doesn't want anything that requires skill since then it would be an actual 'challenge'. SP doesn't equate to skill. Unfortunately, DCUO doesn't have a system that actually shows skill. This is because content isn't difficult and the top gear isn't vendor gear that requires individuals to COMPLETE content in order to obtain enough rewards that will allow them to buy the top gear.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering you can also buy gear using Marks to improve/increase your CR, I'd question it being a reflection of drop luck, or anything like that.

CR reflects your gear. That's it. How you got it, either via drop or purchase, is a bit beside the point.
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

The feats and skill points may as well be scrapped at this rate , I used to get a real buzz from farming feats to get my sp up , I'm at 174sp currently and to be honest I can't see myself grinding out more , not when I see a cr113/97sp quantum dps beat a 113/156sp ice dps during a raid meaning his 59sp more had no impact.

I'm 100% in agreement that he game needs to be less grindy for new players to catch up but dam , give the long standing loyal players a little something something otherwise like many others 3.5 + years of grinding made redundant!

Still won't stop me playing though , I love dcuo and will play on until such times as I feel differently
    • Like x 2
  12. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Bingo!

Its a personal achievement. Thats it. Feel good about yourself from accomplishing feats that most don't have.

Also, the current gaming atmosphere has changed from grininding to casual. We have to ask ourselves, what are we willing to lose in order to keep OUR GAME, DCUO running?

They can haz my 200+ sp, if that means brining in more people to play and keeping the lights on.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the in red statement if I could only explain all the falsity in that statement. you like many others are going off of bad information and just plain not understanding how the combat formulas are working in this game since the update.. its not your fault with all the screaming and crying from ill informed people who don't know what their talking about confusing everyone.

within a specific CR with two players both with the same stats and same skill lvl those stats matter. No matter what you claim they aren't removed from the damage formula. it factors in all your crit chances all your magnitudes and even your stats spent in the trees. were if one person is speced in their trees and the other is not, the damage potential is different between the two players..

nothing i say can change your mind as you seem to be set but those are the facts like them or not.
  14. Mousebreaker85 New Player

Yes i agree the person with 50 more sp feels cheated.
    And when they did away with crit chance on AM i knew it would mean all those sp would be crap

But when they made dcuo they wanted people of all cr to do all content hence the speed feats and beat so and so before he uses 1 skill feats
    That you could never accomplish until you are better geared
    Some of the 10 min alerts or 7 min duos
    And now they totally going against that by relevant tier system
    In which you cant earn marks in anything but your tier
    So seriously who is gonna sit in central city farming 5000 reapers now a days
    Or get 333 plants to burst in trigon people have no incentive to sit in non relevant tiers for weeks not earning marks or anything for a 1/4 of a skill point lol
  15. tinoman Dedicated Player

plus 1 closing in on 220 sp soon i want my hard work to pay off instead of being beat by a quantum dps with 100 sp i mean they only way would matter if all the powers were on the same playing field which i don't see happening anytime soon.
    • Like x 3
  16. generalzod Committed Player

Agreed, it's like long term wise if you have spent alot of money and grinned it was all for not almost ? Even in fnl and live stream DEVS say get them feats (umm why)! And there's a lot of 120+ cr 50 - 85 skill point ppl ! And i think to make it friendly to them ,There armor/CR should get them threw fine in Any content, But Elite. But the skill points should boost your stats to the next level ! When i first started playing ppl with alot of skill points and stats was killing n raids ! That made me grind spend money to catch up and now i spent money why on badges shame on me lol . Crazy thing is we dcuo has to have casuals players . but remember they come n go , I hope they try and make long term players happy too, It keeps some of us playing getting better and stronger ! It need to be added back again .. kaiser suggested stat flatten tiers not the CR ! I Agreed with this! get back to Stats make a big difference ! there is a way to make everyone fairly happy or close to it !
  17. VariableFire Loyal Player

If they make SP matter more, they'll just throw out more easy to gather SP per DLC. They can't make the current number of SP matter significantly more because then they'd have to design content with that in mind...which means people would need the SP.

Not all Feats are easily gotten. Even the ones that are easily gotten, you usually need to either be in a helpful league or put together a feat-hunting group, which isn't an easy task for anything that's not current endgame.
  18. AstroCreep New Player

No, Sp are fine as it is.

And all this SP whiner posts are sooo few compared to the rest of the gaming community, hey, most of the community doesnt even visit the forums.
  19. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I have only been playin seriously for about 10 months; I have 168 SP; and should have 170 by weeks end. To say you need 2-3 years to get those is just lazy on the new players.
    • Like x 1
  20. same Johnny Dedicated Player

The way I see it, Skill Points and the way they were implemented in this game were a bad decision in the long run. I've complained before about what feels like a lack of vision about the future of the game and this is another example.

There's a couple of things that need to be put into an MMO to engage players. The grind is one of them, so feats are a very logical step. The bad decision was tying them to Skill Points and have those SP offer stat increases. Because another thing that needs to be put into an MMO (in the long run) is the ability to speed up the race to end game as the years go by.

You can't expect a new player to put in as much time as a guy that was here from the start to reach end game. You just can't. It's not even an issue with dedication or lack of it. Players who were here from launch have a 5 years lead over someone just starting. By definition, experience alone will be enough to overcome a new player. SP will make that fight ridiculous.

Sorry for those who grind feats, I do too, and I too feel like a bit cheated in all that, but it's just not reasonable to expect the Devs to make it matter that much. For the game to survive, new players need to keep coming in. If they are expected to either grind for years or (even worse) squeeze in 5 years of feats in a matter of months, before jumping in on end game, they'll just leave. It's not reasonable.

Feats should have never been tied in to SP. They should have been for bragging rights or exclusive styles/vanity items. As is, it's almost impossible to balance content for someone with 200+SP and someone with 100SP (it will be either too easy or too hard). Yet the game needs both types of players.