Elite Raid loot lockout is Pay-to-Win

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BigBabyGeezuz, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

I hate saying "other games do it this way, so should you," but WoW handles multiple difficulty levels of the same raids in a great fashion.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Yes. Where is anyone being forced to pay anything to win anything? Sure, you can get Elite gear that has the same CR, same stats, and a meager set bonus. So, what? I surely am not paying any real money for that, lol!
    • Like x 4
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Cause the want your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....

Why not treat elite like Expert T2 and T3 Raids? This way we can run one or the other if our CR is high enough.

I know the standard AFII Raids CR is 105 or 106. Make Elite 110.

I know the T7 raids CR is 111; make the Elite one 116.
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Fact is that Elite is a chest puffing exercise, just like SM. There you get cool shirts and some fun toys. In Elite you get negligible stat increases in Elite set gear. Neither one is significant. They're both for flaunting.
    • Like x 3
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Funny thing is...

MORE PLAYERS REQUESTED BEST GEAR BE IN VENDOR....

Running a raid and getting a piece of gear is not rewarding...it is more of a surprise and delight type of moment. A rewarding type of moment is knowing my efforts got me something, such as vendor gear.
    • Like x 9
  6. RADIODIALS Level 30

the only viable solution. all they're seeing/hearing is a bunch of white smoke that gets put out instantly. why not turn that white smoke into an actual flame?
    • Like x 1
  7. BigDaddyDru New Player

I said it before and I'll say it again > "Players with the REPLAYS are the Players with the POWER"

As one of these rare players, I definitely do enjoy having all the best gears possible in the Game in my history of playing the game: Full Traces (Dox) > Full Vestments (A&B) > Full Imperial Insect (Lockdown/Necro/Arti) > Full Predator (L&W), Full 101 Elite Gear (Elite Throne) and soon enough > Full 110 Elite Gear (Elite Happiness Home). Let's not forget me having ALL 5 of the Omnipotence Items as well is also a nice bonus! :)

I definitely support this system BIG TIME > PVE is the money Server and that's what is keeping this game afloat and striving. The Hardcore Elite & Competent players who are always running content and reseting, competing and are Immensely active in playing the game are the blood-flow of the Game.

Don't have the replays? No problem.... Put your Unlimited Cash to use from the Legendary you are paying for every month and find the Players with the Replays and get yourself reseted.

Bottom Line > Either settle for what YOU chose to PAY for every month and live with the limitations YOU set on yourself or Find and get to know the Players with the Replays.... and get to know them WELL because they essentially run the game!"

Happy Playing! ;)
  8. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

You sure do like to brag about your "Achievements" but this rarely adds to the conversion. I don't need anyone to "reseted" me, giving people that run Elite raids a free weekly lockout is the topic at hand.
    • Like x 19
  9. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Gonna repeat what I said earlier.

Oh, it must require very complex coding to add a system mechanic that allows the player to tell the server not to reward them loot, as they would be saving the loot rolls for if & when they unlock the elite version of a raid, given they are the same raid and all.
  10. Makineko Committed Player

It's been said by developers and people in this thread. Elite raids aren't necessary for in game progression. I'd like to finally complete an elite raid but tbh I won't lose any sleep if I don't.

If people want to pay to reset Elite time and time again let them. It's a personal choice they've made because they want the best gear possible. For my part I have 6 alts who each offer different challenges, level of gameplay and a breath of fresh air for when I do all t6 raids and there's nothing left to do on my main. Will i take up the elite challenge at some point? yes, but until I really feel like it I'll stick with trying to get all my alts to T6 one at a time.:)
  11. kravonik New Player

this is one of the only MMOs that I have seen that has replay tokens. The MMO''s lock you out once you do the raid. Usually a week. SWTOR is one that does it. It not only locks you out of the reward, but locks you out so you cant even get in.

This MMO at least gives you a choice to replay or wait.
    • Like x 2
  12. Green Lantern New Player

In Destiny you get access to the hard mode raid once you beat the raid once on normal and it stays open for you. Plus you're not loot locked from hard mode if you beat normal and then hard right afterward the same day/week. It's obvious what's going on here.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I don't know mepps I mean you act like all things are equal when in actual fact they're not. There is always going to be a pay 2 win aspect of any mmo. So don't worry I don't expect you can fix that and to be fair therev shouldn't be an expectation for you to do so you are a business too.

as for bbg sorry mate but there is always going to be elements like this You kind of have to just move on. I mean look at all the people that spammed this dlc day 1 to max cr now walking around like they're 'elite and competent'. When really all they've shown is that they have too much free time on there hands and too much free money.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for these people who will now stand in wt or hod with nothing to do but brag about how they beat dlc day one for the next 3 months.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

if you're going to brag about it at least tell people that you pay others millions of dollars in game to help you.. I fact you were paying $100,000 to people to throw lair battles the other day doesn't sound elite or competent to me.

If you're going to put yourself out there at least do it with transparency Dru.
    • Like x 16
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

As you stated, "The Hardcore Elite & Competent players who are always running content and reseting, competing and are Immensely active in playing the game are the blood-flow of the Game.." Well if you know anything about this game this is true for maybe a week or two. Most of the hard core players I know get full set of raid gear in one or two weeks than they WALK AWAY FOR 3 MONTHS....these players get pretty much all feats and gear in no time.

This is the PROBLEM with the game currently and why it is being changes, because the so called ELITE players who spend money on replays do not have to KEEP their legendary membership for more than 1 month and than can wait a month or two and come back. That is what I have seen over the past year. So tell me how you quick replaya players ARE MORE IMPORTANT than those of us who keep our membership.

PC players with LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP DO NOT COUNT!!!!!!!!!! This group has more than earned what they invested iniitally into the game. I spent more than these guys on my membership. So do not compare LIFETIME to someone who has to pay.

Replays have LIMITED amount of value after new content drops. Unless someone truly thinks that obtaining any OP item makes them elite. I'm sorry having an OP item does not make you elite. It shows one of two things 1) LUCKY or 2) SPENT ton of money to acquire said item.

The problem with the new raid is they are money grabs and players, like myself do not enjoy it. I'm a casual gamer that has had legendary for quite a while but I have also bought every DLC and in addition bought all MP items that would increase inventory and bank slots.

So am I lower than you as a consumer, NOPE...I just find other ways to spend my money in this game. And these other ways is what they should focus on for longevity of the game, because I see less and less players using replays to obtain best gear, because these long time players are getting sick of being nickeled and dimed for gear that is worst than what will be there in 3 months.

Developers need to look at all possible angles for revenue and not just replays or legendary status.

By the way, I hope they remove LIFETIME membership as it was never fair that it only applied to PC and not PS.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

At the end of the day, Happiness Home Elite isn't a BIG must.

The only downside of this raid is that it was beaten day 1, REALLY!?

But the loot system is good and the elite gear are the same item level and give a bit more stats. Extra furniture, exclusive decoration stuff should be implemented although. But this raid is pretty smack on except for the fact it was beaten fast.
  17. Unida Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 18
  18. Alpha Cell Well-Known Player

19. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Which would be great with a side helping of a round of applause, if we weren't left feeling like content is specifically designed in such a way as to actively encourage the use of replay tokens to actually get enjoyment out of said content (which is not the case in other MMOs). Low drop rates, items with set bonuses, chance to complete without using replays before it's not relevent content... close to 0? (unless I'm misinformed which I might be given the daily misinformation flying around here)

Also most MMOs just follow the same homogenous pattern for all mechanics and game systems, many of which date back to when we only had 3-4 MMOs to pick from and we'd be sub'd for months if not years. The choice was adapt or die (unless you're WoW, then be WoW and do w/e you want), DCUO adapted and quite well, in many respects, however I think they are pushing their luck with the replay milking as there is a lot of negativity and hostility on the forums regarding their use.

Want to take a week of work and raid 5 times a day with replays? That's fine, have at it.

I just think they need to tread carefully, push replays too hard and that steady flow of income from their sale won't last.
    • Like x 1
  20. Unida Dedicated Player

I've run a bunch of stuff with Dru and I have no problem with him accumulating/buying replay badges to use it on content. i dont mind the process at all..... i do get irked by the resulting attitude and misguided belief that resetting an instance over n over equates to being elite and competent, simply due to getting the rewards of repetition of content.

lordy......

or it could be one of the better troll jobs ive seen in a while....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.