GU47 problems and your main concerns

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambersbuzz New Player

The whole marks conversion is a disaster. I am cr 112, so my rate is 5625=1. I'm using t4 styles as a n example, but this robbery is across the board. Under the MOT currency , A full t4 set of armor used to cost 50,000 MOT. Now convert that to MOV. The answer is 8.88, round it out to 9 MOV. That is what your cost should be based on the conversion of hard earned MOT . A cost and system that DCUO implemented. I dare you to see what even 1 piece of gear from that set cost now. That's right, between 25 - 40 MOV each.

Hold on to your pants because you will be shocked when you realize how inflated everything has become. You can't even buy a single piece for 9 MOV . Add this to the fact that you won't get marks for lower CR content, good luck with those styles.
    I refuse to spend 100+ times the cost for these styles, feats and skill points be damned.

I feel immensely letdown by this company, developers and anyone else who justifies this crap. I have dumped a lot of money into this game because I enjoy the gameplay as well as the reward, but this update is a complete money grab and a slap in the face. Shame on all involved. If anyone defends this ,then they are simply not seeing the how deeply impacting this unassuming change will affect the life of this game.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mousebreaker85 New Player

Dude
    Dude almost all of us have t6 where we cant earn anything till new content drops we talking about low level alts as a lot of us have 10+ after playing for 2-4 years
    I'll go on any raid you like and out damage you by millions but that proves nothing i been playing a lot longer you aint even hit 200sp yet
    Stop being a dbag!!
    People got raised to new tiers before they ready with 2 pieces of a tier set and are struggling
    Its not thier fault..
    And like i said start a new alt and see how fast you can hit t6 and 100-150 sp from scratch now
    I guarantee it Winthrop be 2 months like before..
    You honestly think new players wanna play half a year before they competitive ??
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

While I think the mark unification was good for the longevity of the game, I can see where some folks are coming from. Change is hard. Though the prior mark rewards were, in many cases, a pittance, they were there. For whatever reason, some players aren't able to look past that. They can't bring themselves to run content that doesn't award marks, even with the streamlining and overall reduction of rent costs. I think it's just a mindset that folks can't break free of.

Personally, the only time I ran lower content was for rent, styles, base items, feats, or to help out friends and league mates. If MoF had converted at full value, I wouldn't have even run that content for rent. Now that the rent system is improved, I won't miss the marks. That doesn't mean I can convince others to think the same way.
    • Like x 5
  4. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Listen, Chuckless, I was just being tongue and cheek due to the wording you used, and if you don't see the actual contradiction of your statement's wording that I dialed in on, then I am not sure what to say. But that is besides the point.

And just because you open with "nothing personal" does not mean going into a personal attack on me, my credentials, experiences and whatever else you choose to lump in there, suddenly makes it impersonal.

You have no idea why "we have the problems we have." I can assure you that every person in this building has a better understanding of that, because the player facing experience does not paint a complete picture of the reasons anything, good or bad, turn out the way they do.

Have I played an MMO extensively? Yup, many: EQ, DAoC, WoW, & DCUO. You state there are things you don't have that are in other MMOs. Yup. You forget to mention there are things our MMO has that others do not - or at least did not when we launched. Most MMO's that I can think of have diminishing returns on old content. This is no different. You still get rewards, just not marks.

All games have limitations and shortcomings so that they can focus on making other areas great. Our goal, despite what you might think, is to make the game as valuable as possible as a whole. We'll continue to move forward and iterate on ways to do that. For now, we are where we are and we'll move forward from here.

I'd like to close with "thanks for the comment" but I really can't with any integrity, and I think it is pretty obvious why. Does "Nothing personal" fit here?
    • Like x 19
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

What do you mean? I was trying to give you an understanding of relative value. That's dependent on your CR. You're just listing numbers out of context. Of course 600>1, but that is leaving out the value.
    • Like x 2
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

1565:1

Check your math.
    • Like x 3
  7. ChuckLess New Player

I apologize for the "nothing personal" bit. I actually did mean that, but can see how you would take it otherwise. Guess I was a bit heated and didn't really read it the way you would.
    • Like x 3
  8. Davis New Player

You forget something spyte the reason we loved this game soo much because it had something unique and different at its core it was fun interesting but the game now has completely changed so it no longer resembles the game we fell in love with. I know games need to evolve but what this update has done that no other game or other mmo could do, it has driven a lot of us away.
    • Like x 1
  9. Spytle Executive Creative Director

The vast scope of vagueness in this statement is impossible to respond to. The game has been live for four years and has evolved in many ways on many different fronts. Plus, who is "we?"
    • Like x 10
  10. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Spytle do you agree that this patch has hurt those trying to get Fos Raids Prime Raids and T4 alerts? I mean for leveling purposes now that the rewards have been diminished for the higher characters and they dont need or use them for rent.
  11. Supergirly Dedicated Player

So much rage here. I wonder though if the people complaining have even tried it yet? I mean the one that said his 114 is not super anymore? In T6, my 113 is more powerful than ever. I have not cared to run Trigon though, cause I have all the feats and styles. So why would I care? I really felt powerful in the T6 solo though. I love how I can block now, and it responds.

The people that are worried about not getting 625 MOT anymore in vault. And? When you get to 100 CR you would never see that again. you would have gotten 1 MoF. But here is the thing, a MoF was all you needed. The MoTs were useless to us, except for rent. If you don't have all the styles though, that was your fault. To a new player, they are forced to get all the styles now. That is a good thing and a bad thing. It is good cause they will have little reason to go back to do that content again. It is bad, cause they will have no reason to go back and do that content... thus help new players.

Double edged sword here. All in all, if people just played the game and stopped griping on forums, they would find it is lots of fun still. So stop reading forums and really try it out.

- Kara
    • Like x 6
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

WoW went through a similar transition with stats being changed after an exponential rise. Many players had the same misgivings. Of course, that game has a high enough population that those misgivings probably barely made a dent if at all in the overall gameplay.
  13. Davis New Player

Evolving is weapon mastery or the powers AM those are good changes, this overhaul of the stats, CR and npc system is beyond what the game needed. The content and mark changes are also completely way off but i understand them im sure this was done to get people to buy more replay badges so they can keep repeating the same content over and over.

When i say we i know many people that have chosen to stop playing including many leagues including my own, while it many not be significantly enough in the grand scheme of the dcuo world its just some paying customers that you have or will lose.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please consider this a warning. Combative posts do not lead to constructive discussion. Take a breath, then share your thoughts. Thanks.
    • Like x 5
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

You clearly didn't read the reasons cited for stat flattening and relative CR scaling. Those changes were very much needed. A change in the mark system was also needed and reasons detailed.
    • Like x 4
  16. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Level the difficulty to CR. But remove Mark reward from specific Tiers your higher then.

Whole new Mark system.... Yet Again. Combined with many other factors. Im done. Was considering coming back but forget it. Already uninstalled off both my PC's months back, just window watching. Played it on my brother's PC an the only thing this update did that was a deal breaker was fix some issues with Crowd Control. Which I must say thank you Dev's. However, there just too many aspects of the game that change in the past months that have poor execution and a bad foundation regardless of whatever explanation you guys give. I understand its a business but there's been to many "Slap in the face, changes" lack of better term.

If you want us to only get the majority of are Marks by end game content, how about making sure there's plenty of it. Its gonna be a fun experiment for now, Being flattered and enjoying old raids again like your Tier level. However I think future wise there wont be many running Low Tier do to rewards, an people just not like the fact of flattering period.
    • Like x 1
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Once again, stat flattening and relative CR scaling are not stat clamping. You can still faceroll old content. Did it last night. There are tuning issues with primarily the T4 content, but those should be addressed soon.
    • Like x 7
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

This part alone brings your whole statement down to zero value. You have no idea what this update actually did.
    • Like x 3
  19. Supergirly Dedicated Player

So you de-installed months ago? Your opinion is only based on forums? LOL. Sorry, if you don;'t even play the game, stop making assumptions. Play the game fro more than 10 mins on your brothers computer and then come back and state a real opinion.

There is nothing wrong with how the marks work. It is painful at first, but last night I made 35 Marks in a couple hours. How is that so bad? I did not use a replay either.
    • Like x 4
  20. Ambersbuzz New Player

I st
    I stand corrected, my bad. However it is still a substancial loss in value. At a cost of 50,000 for a full set , converting MOT to MoV is still only 32 mov. Enough to buy 1 piece for a style in t4 . Not nearly the same as a full set with MoT. Thanks for the correction, I am in the middle of a crazy day and got scrambled with the numbers. I can't edit my post to update but , the loss of value is still substancial and no less valid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.