Devs, you overlooked something in this GU

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giggles, May 6, 2015.

1. Giggles Loyal Player

So I have not been playing as of late, but I hoped on just to make sure this whole mark conversion thing went smoothly and... of course it did not.

So since I had Marks of Victory already (because that was our T2 mark), I am capped at 9. All my MoT and MoF are gone, both were nearly capped prior to the update. I am know I am probably not the only person who kept a few marks from older tiers as little keepsakes. I also had multiple characters who had the same type of mark saved as a keepsake. I know my wife's account had the same thing as well.

So my question to you devs, is should I file a ticket, or are you guys going to fix this on your own? :)
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What do you mean by you are capped at 9?
  3. Giggles Loyal Player

One sec let me screenshot it for you.
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'm still updating, but this better not happen to my toon.

I have the original Marks of Victory still as well.

I still don't understand why they changed to an old PvP Mark, but I'll hold in my rage until I login in like 10 minutes.
  5. Tunso Developer

The new mark is a different item. If you had the old mark that was named "Mark of Victory", the ancient PvP mark it shouldn't conflict because it's not the same item though the name is the same. The icon was a red fist.

Likewise there is the "Mark of Distinction", which has a similar icon to the new Mark of Victory. This is also a different item so there should be no conflict. But again, different item with a different name.

So if you are seeing the words "Mark of Victory" and it's not a red fist, than you are looking at the new currency and the conversion left you with 9 of those.
    • Like x 4
  6. ChuckLess New Player

That's exactly what I was going to say. Didn't you guys remove all the old Marks?
  7. Tunso Developer

No, you can still turn any old marks in for Tokens of Merit. Only the conversion marks (Triumph/Fury) and worthless symbols were removed.
    • Like x 2
  8. Giggles Loyal Player

Sorry I am trying to post it here and cannot so I am going to post it to a flickr account. I will need a few more minutes, but yes I am capped at 9, and 9 is the amount of Marks of Victory that i had prior to this update. I will need a few more minutes sorry.

The thing is though Tunso, it is a red 9. Not a white 9. I also had nearly capped MoT, and MoF. So there is no way I would end up with only 9 of those. Please check my account logs. :)
  9. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Having same problem, although capped at 1. Its just a visual error as far as I know but somehow caused by having old marks in currency tab (most likely marks of distinction)
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

11. Giggles Loyal Player

Ok I just checked my other 2 characters who I played back during T2.

Giggles and Giggles II have the same problem, capped at 9. Although, Giggles III has 2 MoV from 2011-2012, and 61 new MoV. So it is clearly a problem somewhere.

Here is my ticket number also. #150506-000366

Thanks again for looking into this. :)
  12. Loche Developer

Have you tried to actually go earn the new Marks? This looks like it could be a visual issue with the UI. Somehow getting confused because the two currencies have the same name.
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

Let me go try. Give me a few to run a solo.

I just also wanted to add, Marks of Victory used to be a red fist, those are gone now. I cannot even see them in my currency tab, so I think something is wrong with the code. :)
  14. Mousebreaker85 New Player

Hey dont feel bad bro i gotta run 60 t5 challenges for a pair of pants .Now it'll Take you 2.2 years to get a whole set no daily weekly or monthly rewards.they gonna clean up on replay badges and its probably why they did it .
    Lol so gu47 doesn't like me either
    I miss my 2000 mot's only took 14 -20 runs about a week for each set piece
    Now instead of 190 runs for a set it'll take about 480 runs giving 1 mark per
    This is so non conversion its not funny

T1 challenge gives a mark and t6 gives a mark ??
    Even though you spending more time and its way more difficult
    I call bulls*%t

But whatever
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

Sorry it took so long, at work currently.

It does look like a visual error of some kind. It says I am capped at 100, but it only shows 9.

Like I also mentioned, the red fist of the original marks of victory is gone from my currency tab. I added a picture below to show that I am in fact capped at 100. The loot tab confirms I am capped, my currency tab says I only have 9. Both pictures in the link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97685206@N00/

Here is my ticket number as well. #150506-000366 :)
  16. ChuckLess New Player

Isn't all gear priced the same? So, 1 Mark at T1 is worth just as much as 1 Mark at T6?

One of us is confused :confused: Lol
  17. Mousebreaker85 New Player

No you right it is the same but it will take a hell of a lot longer for each set
    The way it sounded was it would be similar grind as mot's which is def not the case
  18. ChuckLess New Player

Why not? How has the grind changed?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, for once, I'm genuinely interested.
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Just ran the Patrol Catastrophe on a toon that is 105. No loot from the boss.

Sigh.
    • Like x 1
  20. sharpy36 Active Player

I have the same MoV problem. I can see my old MoV, but I don't have the ones I was supposed to get with the conversion. This only happened to my characters with some of the original MoV. I submitted a ticket several hours ago and was told to just post on the forums.