Infinite Power Respect Token - Who would buy it???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, May 4, 2015.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

i respect your opinion but disagree. i dont understand why anyone is mad. what we are losing vs what we GET. the end game new player should be gone. after the update i think the cr not being effected by mods and having X amount of content per time you can earn marks will slow down leveling some. this is great especially because more skill points can be gained.

there is a difference between strong and unfair. if i am legendary and t4 and go into prime gates dawn and vengance and every single time 1 cr 114 guy destroys it am i still playing by t5? if you stay what do you gain and then are able to apply when you hit end game challanges? this becomes our problem in so many ways. b4 t5 being full t4 you still had a tad bit of fun in t2 and for sure t3.

the walk ins well yes that would be nice middle ground. thing is who will be left to run with the new players? well there will be people getting it done because not many people means you make and play with people you know. leagues can be stronger. the OTHER thing we get is we can go back be plenty good and help mentor the next generation. imagine the next wave of players catching up having more skill points than crs and understand one shots = block on red skulls.

i can still manage my base items and i can still earn old styles. (being fair i have no ideas how many marks per day/month we need or can get. no idea) you have to expect a few kinks but hey the devs have listened at times. logical posative posts with good evidence could get results. i suspect we will be ok though. if we can manage all our things what else are the marks for? if i am in gates its because i remember how fun the hallway was and want to enjoy a memory. prime and fos 3. how is fos 3 fun if the shield cant kill you? should atleast rock you to keep the machanics in tack. i still get the styles and base items id be farming.

all i lose is a make believe payment mode of marks that i would use to buy items i can get anyway. i simply must beat content tuff enough to face me to earn the items. that is fair.

ok as i said i do not understand the other side. if your not angry or worked up id like to hear the opposing opinion. thanks
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

this is why i tried to suggest buying a role. example you could buy tank class but your mental. you would need a seperate generator so a 2nd base for a second role. only one role at a time in an instance. who would not buy all three roles giving multiple sales in deeds, and armories. power change tokens would still be applicable. if iam a mental troll and own tank and healer they need a power designated to them. for me id be fire, mental, and electric. munitions came out buy a power respec token and change troll role to munitions. they would not lose money on power tokens this way.

id pay an easy $20 for each role. id gladly be ok needing 4 armories per role. 12 i guess. 3 bases well yea who cares. we are about to have 5 powers per class once the new powers all come out. count me in on trying like crazy to run 4 toons. id say 5 but ice and sorcery? nah. they are just two powers that missed. b4 you say they lose power change tokens with 5 alts remeber round 6 of powers per role maybe some time away but will be a possability. if you have 12 armories and 3 bases and paid and extra $60 for the roles i think it would cover the power change tokens. it would be a huge cash influx. thing is i heard it would be 2 much coding. add it for ps4, pc and xbox one if they go to xbox one. promote dcuo with a free role give away with a 6 month sub purchase at launch. i know never happen lol
  3. Mugren New Player

I'd buy it. Not to be FOTM, but sometimes ice tanking can get boring and I'd like to try other types of tanking. I think $10 is way too much.
    While they would lose money on players who respec a lot, they might gain a lot of revenue in players like myself who won't buy any under the current model.
  4. X-zero Loyal Player

I have only ever change one of my characters powers and that was because I made him before the power I knew I would be switching to would be released and this was before feat copy. So something like this wouldn't appeal to me.

I do have some leaguemates would probably love it. Seen a few who were three different powers over a two day period a couple of times.
  5. Revoemag Committed Player

I'd buy it..but I'd much prefer a multi role armories...being able to be a fire tank and a mental troller and celestial healer all at the flip of an armory change.

Devs want to keep us busy between dl's..that would be 4 roles of gear to grind.
  6. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I'm kinda worried what would become of such a thing. I can see how it could be bad for us players as well as the devs but in other ways good.

The good that I see is that this is cheaper, allows us to gain more enjoyment out of the game by exploring all the powers, leading to more game time. Main allow for the increase of certain roles. May see more of a variety in powers due to the fact there isn't a 10$ choice always being made when we switch.

The bad I see is that this would cost the devs money, but for us we may see many people exploring and that abundance of inexperience pours over both Q groups, LFG, and league. We deal with enough of that already. Imagine you getting into a group of people "learning" their power in a HoH run or Throne. Sure people do that already, but the frequency of that occurring could be increased by a very frustrating amount.

Me personally I probably wouldn't use that respec token that much because I already don't use them
    That much at all. The only time I've ever used one was to switch my Gadgets troll to a Electric Heal and my Rage tank to a sorcery healer. Other than that I haven't used one monthly. I have changed movement modes, but for ONLY 3 toons.

It may not get a whole lot of use out of me so I think it's kinda a wasted feature on me.

Besides... I love the names I chose for my healer toons... If I had just one name to go on... That may drive me bananas lol
    • Like x 1
  7. True Despair Well-Known Player

8. Vyltran Loyal Player

i want an infinite respect token too... my fans insult me too much.

Btw, on topic..

That token will reduce by a high % income to daybreak just because you have the chance to purchase it. What about others?.

Not gonna say if i like or dislike this idea.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you rang?

kidding aside, I know I've switched out of boredom a good 100+ times in probably a year and halfs time. Just trying different powers, comparing AMs to other AMs ect.

Building a earth DPS on the hero side atm, and who knows may end up going earth DPS on my main if I end up liking it. I can say this much though, crystal is a bad b**** just running with her pre-30 lol and this is on live not test btw
  10. True Despair Well-Known Player

well, looking at an "infinite respec token" from a rational perspective; it's a good thing and a bad thing.

As a person that plays this game and enjoys playing different powers (but the same role. Healer) i would like this token to swap between different powers without having to constantly pay for it. And i think any other player, no matter what role they play would enjoy the idea of being able to change powers without having to pay $10 per change. So my question to you is why do you potentially dislike this idea? Now dont get me wrong, i know "why" sort of, but i cant say for sure. So im asking for clarification.

And from a business perspective, since players like to follow the flock (or Herd as they say for whatever reason that's unknown to me) and play whats "op" or "fotm", the people at Daybreak would never make this a possibility because they couldn't possibly be that stupid. i'm not sure about the financial situation of DCUO but i would think power respec tokens are a fairly decent % of their income. So unless they put in something that costs money, but is worth the purchases, then and only then could i see an infinite respec token. But even then the chances are slim, solely, because nobody at daybreak could possibly be that stupid.
    • Like x 1
  11. just an honest dps New Player

why do people call it respect token? can they really not read?
    • Like x 1
  12. Veritech Loyal Player

Infinite Power Respect Token - Who would buy it???

You can't buy respect.