Windows 10 Technical Preview and DCUO

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Zoldaar, Oct 1, 2014.

1. c6relic New Player

Most games nowadays have been optimized to play on Win7 while some of the newest games can play on Win8. Besides, why move onto something new instead of sticking with the something tried and true?

Until something just as good as Win7 comes along, I will stick to Win7 instead of going through problem after problem with new programs that most likely haven't been optimized for gaming.
  2. darkgamerx Level 30

Believe me when I say this friend, W10 CRUSHES WINDOWS 7. I just clean installed the lasted build of 10 10074 and man is it coming together well. Everything feel so unified, easy to access and change. I used windows 7 up until the release of 8. Besides the UI windows 8 was a better OS overall and didn't need a patch for 8 cores not to mention the manual SSD trimming. When you eventually upgrade to 10 you will never look back at 7 again. DCUO is the ONLY program that's holding me back from forgetting about the past OS's
    • Like x 1
  3. Inpent New Player

Can you give us a time that the next update will be out to fix the issue, just got new SSD and dont want to install it if i still cant play on it.
  4. kav Committed Player

Bump. This is important. I don't want to dual boot solely for one game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Inpent New Player

Exactly!!
  6. c6relic New Player

I'll switch to Win10 if Win7 decides to crash and ends up being erased from existence leaving me without a current OS.
  7. brionispoptart New Player

I had some success back in December with getting DCUO to work on windows 10 with the instability of Windows 10 at the time, I had to uninstall. Well I've re-installed Windows 10 and I want to start playing again. Sadly, I don't remember what I did, and in what combination that I did it because it was in a span over a few days that I was attempting the fix, and being around Christmas, I had a lot of stuff going on. I will tell you however that I do remember what I did on the very last day, the day it started working. The big problem for me was Steam. I install using steam so that I can have my achievements impact my Steam account. So anyways, on to the combination of what I did on the last day. I verified the integrity of the games Cache in Steam. No avail. Then I opened the game and validated the games assets. No avail. I went online on internet explorer which I was told was the only way for this to work properly, and installed the web client driver. Nothing. Then, the last step that I took, I downloaded the drm free client from SOE, and opened it using compatibility mode with windows 7. I let it go through about the first ten minutes of the install (I did this strictly so that I knew that it was installing the drivers correctly) and BAM. The steam version of the client was working. I was good to go. I've tried this again with my fresh install of Windows 10, and well... I guess it was more of a perfect storm scenario, because it didn't work. Moral of this story is I did have it running at some point, so I know that it's completely possible guys. Take the knowledge that I have provided and apply it to your own attempts. First person to get through and provide a viable fix for all of us Windows 10 users gets a few of stacks of Exobits on me. (yes exobits, not exobytes. I'm not that rich.)
  8. LoveByDesign New Player

In the first few months windows 10 tech preview came out I had dcu running without having to do anything. I switched back to Ubuntu after a while. Came back and it doesn't work go figure :/
  9. darkgamerx Level 30

Strange because it hasn't worked for me since day one. I upgraded from W8 to W10 with all settings remaining intact same crash. I bet the fix is something simple but the developers are locking it away for paying customers for now through "test server". I don't understand why they wont just auto patch anyone who is using W10 when its detected or something. Support for an OS shouldn't be a locked away feature for paying customers. This sort of situation makes me not want to pay anything at all.
  10. Zoldaar New Player

This is in game update 47

Windows 10 Support
    • Fixed a bug that was causing the game to crash during the startup screens when run on Windows 10.
    • Like x 1
  11. darkgamerx Level 30

Unfortunately Unless you have access to test server you cant make use of the added support. Paid players get the support now while everyone else has to wait until they decide to release this update to the general population lol.
  12. Zoldaar New Player

Unfortunately Unless you have access to test server you cant make use of the added support. Paid players get the support now while everyone else has to wait until they decide to release this update to the general population lol.

Is this true or is he just a troll?
  13. darkgamerx Level 30

Go one page back and read the comments. Right now the fix is only up for test server. Only paid users have access to test server.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

15. darkgamerx Level 30

Ok I am installing the game now and it looks like update 47 was released 2 days ago so sorry about that. I am on the latest build of W10 so I will report back when its done installing.
  16. darkgamerx Level 30

DCUO works on windows 10 now :)
  17. Zoldaar New Player

DCUO works on windows 10 now :)

Are you Legendary, Premium or Free 2 Play??
  18. darkgamerx Level 30

F2P The update was released 2 days ago for everyone on main servers. Game runs on windows 10 now so this topic can finally be laid to rest :cool:
  19. Hawthy New Player

The reason why windows 10 is called windows 10 is because it is the 10th release of windows since Windows NT 1.0. We had Windows NT 4, then Windows NT 5 was renamed to Windows 2000, Windows NT 6 was windows XP, Windows NT 7 was Vista, windows and NT8 was Windows 7, Windows eight and 8.1 was windows nine and 9.1, and windows 10 is windows 10… That's why they skipped nine because this is the actual 10th release of Windows NT – the non-DOS version of windows
  20. Hawthy New Player

I have no problems with Windows 10 and DCUO....it doesn't run any slower, and it does it run any faster

I'm running an Alienware Aurora R3 with an Intel I 7–2700k CPU, Overclocked to 4.8 GHz – and watercooled, 16 GB ram, 2 nv Titan Z cards in Quad SLI (water cooled), C drive=2TB Raid 0, D=12TB Raid0, E=spare 4TB drive & windows pagefile, F=USB 3.0 , 20TB Raid 5 backup box. I don't use fault tolerance on my main box because I want speed, and since I back up daily, I'm not really worried about data loss

My DCUO game runs on my D Drive

So the question that begs is: are the people having problems with the game and windows 10, have lower and systems? Medium and systems? Or High end systems?… Or is it completely random?

This game hardly requires any CPU or GPU power whatsoever. In the grand scheme of MMORPGs, it's graphics are far less quality then games of it saying era, and it doesn't take that much power to run this game. My old Dell XPS laptop from eight years ago with two NV 8800 M cards in SLI mode can run this game and 60 frames per second…… And this is a system with only two cores on the CPU running it 2.6 GHz

Note: when I say any of my systems running this game, I mean running this game with all settings maximized