Bar Torr?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ThatSuperKid412, Apr 30, 2015.

1. ThatSuperKid412 Well-Known Player

Okay, so I am not up to speed on New 52 at all, just recently started catching up. However I realized Teen Titans (which is what I had been collecting) had a reboot. Now after this reboot the team does not include Bart Allen (aka Bar Torr aka Kid Flash) So my confusion lies at this:

Are there any appearances of Bar Torr in the comics since the Teen Titans reboot? o_O And if so is there a consistant series he is appearing in? (i.e. flash comics, superboy, etc.)
  2. GoldMaul New Player

I have no interest in reading it at all.

Sorry.

I'm an old hand at comics and like the old country song said i read comics when comics wasn't cool.

And i was often berated for it. In one stellar incident the idiot got into a fist fight over it because he couldn't understand why i like to read them so much. And to top it off he hadn't read a single comic.

And I read comics to about the early 1990s, and seen several changes. And i'm pretty much burnt out on things changing.
    • Like x 1
  3. ThatSuperKid412 Well-Known Player

I completely understand lol I just recently decided to try and read them. Before that I was all about the classics, even when it came to tv shows watching "Super Friends" or an old school classic show on saturday mornings when i eat breakfast haha
  4. ThatSuperKid412 Well-Known Player

I guess no one has an idea o.o
  5. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I think he's only in Teen Titans.
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

This version of Kid Flash appeared first in the New 52 Teen Titans reboot, and was a main character up until the book was canceled around issue 30 last spring. The last we saw of him, he was living in the future. He may have appeared a handful of times in other books (there were some crossovers with the Legion and during some Event stories), but the bulk of his story was told in TT.

When TT was re-rebooted last summer, he was not part of the team. However, late last month, there was a TT Annual that had a character that looked an awful lot like him on the very last page.

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 2
  7. ThatSuperKid412 Well-Known Player

That does actually, thank you! I was disappointed when I learned that he wasn't in the reboot, and I hope they bring him back!
  8. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Honestly, I never liked Bar Torr. Maybe because I always loved Bart Allen, his growth and story. And I thought Bar just spat all over every aspect of that. I honestly want Bart Allen or at least some "version" of him back. But I am not sure I like Bar Torr as that version.
    • Like x 1
  9. YaBoiBarTorr New Player

heres my thing dude bar torr might be a version or replacment of bart but actually he is his own character with growth one new 52 flash issue had him and if u pay attention to TT you will know he dosent know his own past but he ends up bieng evil e is different and his own character its like saying miles morales is a knock off of spiderman same name yes same character NOhis story gives a ark to the whole TT comics that and the flash as well as batman with justice league are what made the new 52 (flash literally did tho lol)
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think Bart and Connor both will be back soon I know the future verisons of them will be in the in Teen Titans along with the rest of the Future Titans
  11. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Connors been mentioned in Detective Comics to Tim Drake recently, but Manhattans involvement in the ongoing Rebirth Story means nobody remembers him.

Honestly though, we dont need Bart or Bar back. He wouldnt add anything to the current stories. We got Barry, 2 Wallys, and soon the return of Garrick. It'd be stretching things to try juggle 5 speedsters. Plus last I remember Bart died, and that was before Manhattan changed things, I know "comicbook deaths" rarely last but Barry was gone for 20yrs so they could concentrate on Wally (1), let him enjoy his grave for a while and bring him back IF it elevates a future story.
  12. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

well then, one they should never have called him "Bart Allen".

Two, that honestly, doesn't really make me like him any more. Not that he potentially wasn't a good character, but again I liked Bart Allen. He is the character I grew to love and really I would want him back.

Honestly. your Miles Morales is a perfect example. Not really a fan of him either. Because I like Peter Parker. It just how it is for me. I have characters I like and characters I don't.