Lex Luthor Vs Iron Man?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Darkerusaelp, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Who wins?

• Like x 3
  2. space outlaw Well-Known Player

iron man would win because lex bald head is wide open for a head shot lol
  3. John Brawler Committed Player

i'll be honest, when i saw the promotional pic with ironman in the hulkbuster i figured it was gonna be a curbstomp in lex's favor.
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Lex Luthor is considered the be one of the smartest beings in the DC universe even rivaling batman.
    So if Batman can beat Iron man so can Lex. Difference being Lex will not hesitate to cheat or kill.
    • Like x 1
  5. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I think Lex could take him...It's been mentioned in a past who would win that Iron Man is bad about underestimating the threat in front of him...That would be a deadly mistake in this case.
  6. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I thought Lex was going to take this one as well, but they made a good point about Lex being fixated on Superman and Iron Man having the more versatile suits.

When did Batman beat Iron Man?
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

If. People usually claim Batman can beat Iron Man.
  8. GoldMaul New Player

Well, iron Man is a very intelligent guy, but he's not as paranoid as Batman. In Beyond he put in a fail safe in the Beyond armor while in Iron Man 2 Stark did no such thing. Also in Iron Man 1 if he would've been able to destroy his armor Stane would never have gotten his hands on it.

But, Batman doesn't seem to use the technology like Stark does.
  9. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

Looked pretty one sided there for awhile. I thought Lex would take him too. But Stark had to go through 3 variations of suits just to get the job done.
  10. The Quickster Well-Known Player

Lex wins hands down, the only thing smarter than lex is braniac, no contest
    Lex throws an EMP grenade and Iron man is useless scrap metal
  11. John Brawler Committed Player

several of tony's suits are shielded against emps, and the suit that he used at the end of the video (which is actually currently the most powerful suit he's ever owned) is completely unaffected by emps, i originally thought luther would win, but then as the video started tony's background it reminded me of some things that i had forgotten about him that actually makes him a big threat.
  12. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

13. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Y is there 2 threads on this?
  14. SuperBell Loyal Player

What is that God Mode T-1000 suit Iron Man used at the end? Is that canon? Just give Lex a "liquid metal transmutation ray" if we're just going to make stuff up. No, it was a Lex-bot that Iron Man was fighting, and the real Lex snuck in and stole what ever he was after, duh. Lex wins.
    • Like x 1
  15. John Brawler Committed Player

it's the suit he's currently using in the comics, infact the "i'm not playing god, all this time i've been playing human" line is an almost direct quote from the comics.
    • Like x 1
  16. FelixDuo Committed Player

Lex is one of the most intelligent minds in the DC universe, but Tony Stark is probably the single most gifted mechanical engineer in the Marvel universe (at least as far as I know), as well as being one of the most intelligent scientists overall. It would be a good fight but I think Tony has a clear advantage. When it comes to super suits he's pretty much number 1.

Plus, like they said, Lex's Warsuit is primarly an anti-Superman suit while Tony has an Iron Man suit for almost any situation.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Fairly sure Forge would dispute that claim about Stark being "the single most gifted mechanical engineer in the Marvel universe"
    • Like x 1
  18. John Brawler Committed Player

he might, but forge often needs hank to come up with a design before he can make the more complicated things he's made, meanwhile tony can dream it up in seconds and get a working prototype together in less then a week without the help of a mutant power.
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Since when has Forge required a fuzzy gorilla lion's help in designing tech gear? o_O
  20. FelixDuo Committed Player

Yes. From what I understand Forge's mutant ability gives him a savant-like understanding of machinery. And he is a talented engineer in his own right. But his actual knowledge of mechanical engineering is still second to Tony Stark's. Forge has his mutant power but he's not technically a genius, I don't think. He could probably improve on Tony's designs but Tony would have to build them first.

I could be wrong though. I don't know nearly as much about Forge as I do about Iron Man, and I'm not even particularly knowledgeable about Iron Man.
    • Like x 2