Test Discussion GU 47: CR Differential Adjustment Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

the work is greatly anticipated and I I want to thank Tunso for putting in the hard work of making it possible :)
  2. Harlequin Devoted Player

The fix is in! There are some unfortunate side effects, though. Combat dummies are CR 1 so they take a TON of damage. Sure, it's neat seeing the parser spit out a 175k dps number but they are useless for testing in this state.

May I suggest maybe putting in a console where we can set the dummies to a certain CR for testing?
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm testing out Subconstruct at CR 115 and I'm doing a crazy amount of damage with my attacks. Sticky Bomb is easily doing 80k damage when I use it as a Weapon Mastery finisher. I'm seeing HB Explosive Shot hit for 100k.

I'm seeing similar damage in FoS 2.

I'm seeing slightly increased damage in Gates. My HB Explosive Shots are hitting for 30k.

Is that working as intended?

EDIT: The Iconic solos are still unbalanced.
    • Like x 2
  4. Spacewind New Player

Tried FoS3, FoS2 and Khan on test as 124cr Ice DPS. Can't say it's as easy as on live with 113cr Ice DPS.
    I can burn FoS3 in about 5 min on live server with 113cr DPS, but not sure i can finish it on server as 124cr (i didn't try hard though). Is the rule of being able to solo multiplayer content when you're 2 full tiers above working?
    At least i was able to kill Captain Cold at 124cr without worrying of beenig killed. But it felt like if i was on live as 113cr. I may be wrong though.
  5. ddidderr Well-Known Player

6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Hopefully they adjust things before it goes live. One extreme is no better than the other. :-{
    • Like x 2
  7. eanir99 New Player

This is exactly what the dev's said would happen and its exactly what the forums was wanting over the whole of last weekend. They said that it should be possible to people to solo raid content that is 2 tiers below what you and the higher cr you are above the content the easier it will be. What the video above shows is a person at cr 124 who is t7 solo'ing a raid which is t1 or 2 (cant remember which tier it is). Of course the dmg is op but that's what the community asked for. I am going to go on test now with my cr 113 toon and see about solo'ing some t4/5 raids and see the challenge proper.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The numbers look quite big due to the fact that their health is indeed higher and linear and keep in mind that everyone trying this is cr 124 on test.. this is a welcomed change and I look forward to solo many more low content raids.. just fyi let me know guys if you didn't get rewards from the low content raid bosses I didn't see any but I could have been loot locked so yeah...and I do not mean getting marks... I mean styles , base items, etc.
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

All I asked was that defense still scale past the CR of the enemies we faced. I did not mind the health and it taking longer to KO stuff. That's how it should be: we should not be one-hitting enemies in group content, regardless of our CR above it, imo.

If they keep things as they are on test now, I really hope queues will be stat clamped in the future so people are not ruining it for new players. If new players want to bring a high CR into a walk-in to go through fast, that's fine, but the default behavior should allow new players to learn the mechanics and their roles.
    • Like x 3
  10. Sickiac Active Player

I am not locked and got no loot from Outer(styles)
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

I did t1 solo felix faust like cr 36 and I did without any problems and no death.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

The numbers are crazy but any adds do not die instantly.
  13. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I liked a lot of changes! I made a RAID t2 with CR 71! (T3 gears). And I was disintegrated!:p
    And then I went with T4 and the difficulty was great! These figures of this video is when you try to cr113+ .
    After I post the video I tested!
    The only problem to be solved is the sparings!
    They should not be in the CR 1, but with the maximum of the current CR DLC. Only then will we have a real ability of our attacks!
    • Like x 2
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I'm wondering if the scalar is working the same in both directions. Are NPCs that exceed us by 2 tiers destroying us that easily? I haven't been able to do any testing. Been at the horse track all day.
  15. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Hello people blz!
    As promised here is the video where test using gear with CR 71.
    Then CR 87.:)
    • Like x 1
  16. MidnightTiger Well-Known Player

Um, wasn't this always the case though? xD
  17. Sbel Devoted Player

I tried some T1 solos while CR 32ish, wearing the starting gear that you get on test. The difficulty seemed OK. But I noticed that I only get 53 power per tick from healing barrels, and that doesn't really do much to my power bar.
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

SethZoulMonEl is the type that wants to stop and slowly kill progress and the game altogether...if we are at tier 7 already we should be doing this stuff already like we have already done....Tunso has done a great job to implicate the extension with the new system. Just some ppl don't know how to appreciate hard work... like I said if you want a challenge... rebuy some older gear or take a few pieces off then join a low lvl group and have your definition of "fun" with a "challenge" but dont come around criticizing something that was done right that you still dont agree with that the game community wanted. Not cool bro...
    • Like x 3
  19. Cyberpunk2077 Well-Known Player

Would be great if you could re adjust the sparring target levels.
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

Yes. I created a separate thread by mistake but Burning is now hitting for thousands of damage against sparring targets.

That very severely limits sparring targets usefulness for testing. Or maybe I just don't understand the scaling well enough yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.