Munitions Loadouts

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MEBegnalsFan, Apr 16, 2015.

1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Hi All,

I have been a HL Troll / DPS from November 2013 when I started to play DCUO with my primary toon unti Munitions dropped. I decided to swap my power as I wanted to try something new and different and I have to say so far that Munitions is by far my favorite powerset in the game. The animation is great and being able to run and gun is fun.

I hav enot seen any post talking about different loadouts and discussion on why you picked your loadout.

So here is my PvE DPS Loadout: 50 Cal, Chain Gun, Rail Gun, Rocket Launcher, Killer Instinct and Big Gun or Mounted Turret

My rotation is Killer Instint, Chain Gun, Rail Gun, Rocket Launcher, 50 Cal, continue rotation until Killer Instinct is ready to be use, use it and continue rotation.

I like 50 Cal as it hits hard with Bullet Frenzy and Killer Instinct, average damage is around 20K when both are active.

Rail Guns, Chain Gun, and Rocket launcher hit on average around 2-8k. I find that this rotation is great for long and mid range if one does not want to close range. I experimented with Splosion and its damage without a crit was 9K with a crit a bit over 20K. It was a one hit and not a multi hit like the other abilities used. If I get the 5-8K hits on one ability used it out damages Splosion crit hit and and if I get the normal 2-3K damage it does around what Splosion does for damage. I like this loadout because I have been interrupted before on 50 Cal and when that happens the possible increase in fire damage goes away; by having Rail Guns in my loadout I can at least get a damage boost from Rocket Launcher.

I'm still experimenting with my troll and PvP loadouts; if anyone has a good loadout for trolling or PvP please share.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I have the same loadout with the only difference that I have 'Splosion instead of 50 cal. 'Splosion is so convenient and useful, beyond the damage done. It always gets me out of awkward situations and I can also destroy the foes that are attacking me from behind.

Secondly, the increased damage given by the PI with burning is not applied when Bullet Frenzy starts, which means that, if you start your rotation with 50 cal, only the damage dealt by the next 2 hits is being increased, which is pretty irrelevant.
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I prefer to be a range DPS, it is why I do not use Splosion and use 50 Cal instead. Also, 50 Cal and Splosion does similar damage from my experience.

I like this power as it seems like Gadget for all the various options, has Ice mobility, great damage, add killer #1 powerset, and does not take away the power like Quantum does when a troll does power dumps...

I hate running with Quantum DPS as a troll simply because 90% of my power dumps is going to a Quantum DPS that will eventually get all of their power back. What a waste on my power dumps when the tank or healer needs it more, you know....Ran HoH with 2 trolls, 1 healer, 1 tank, and 4 Quantum DPS. All they did was drain the power dumps, rarely did the power dumps go to the tank or healer. When you looked at power in, all the trolls power in was in the millions by the time we got to the forge master with everyone else has low 100K value. Crazy how power hungry quantum seems compared to Munitions, Gadgets, HL, and other powers that receive the power back right after using an ability. These powers allow the power dumps to go where they should and not to a Quantum DPS.
  4. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

It's a characteristic of the power. It's not power hungry, it just has a delayed power return mechanic. However, your Munitions rotation can be restricted to 3 moves after you cast Killer Instinct. You could keep 'Splosions only for when it's needed. The long casting time of 50 cal makes me like that move much less. 'Splosion is instantaneous.
    • Like x 1
  5. ApolloMystique New Player

Is this true that bullet frenzy negates the damage gained by the burning pi?
  6. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

yep. Try it out against a sparring partner. Record the damage you make while it's burning and compare it with the damage you make while it's not. You will see no difference.
    • Like x 1
  7. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I think it does when I skip using 50 Cal my damage on chain gun drops from 4-8 to 3-6 range. So I believe it is still there...

Splosin to me is like EMP and I hate EMP. I prefer 50 Cal, that is like P Dart to me. Both hit hard and do good damage...Splosion has a slight edge in damage out, not by much though and it is quicker. I save the close range damage for my PVP loadouts....

With burning going off the first set chain gun hits around 2-3k when BF is active it hits for about 4-8K after I use 50 Cal and 3-6 without burning..

I have tried it and burning does impact it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Sieg New Player

9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

What amazes me is that Railguns is the most effective of the powers when used individually. It does really good damage and damaged multiple enemies so it's good in a mob. I'm really disappointed in Mini-Nuke as it is probably the weakest of the group. 5 Barrel Mini-Gun does more damage.
    • Like x 1
  10. KDICHU Well-Known Player

i have a alt with a random loadout will defiantly try with and with 50. cal
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have both 50cal and splosion on my loadout, the idea is I swap them out in the rotation on the fly depending on the current situation. I use minigun and my personal guilty pleasure the chaingun. I know it's kinda inferior to railguns and probably others but it's my favorite attack in the entire powerset :-S Plus it feels awesome having 2 automatics in the rotation xD
    • Like x 1
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The two strongest abilities for Munitions are Rail Gun and Chain Gun. These two abilities do the most damage out when BF is active. If I was to use only a 3 ability loadout with KI it would be Rail Gun, Chain Gun and Rocket Launcher. I may add Splosion in there for close range situations but those three abilities I listed have the highest amount of damage out one can get when BF and KI are active.

Here is why...

Rail Gun with 8K might hits are between 8-12K
    Chain Gun hits are between 6-10K
    Rocket Launcher hits are between 4-8K

Rail Gun has 4 hits, Chain gun has 4 hit and Rocket Launcher has 4 hits.

Taking the minimum value of each when BF and KI are active one going through the rotation of just these three abilities the average minimum damage is around 72K in damage. If your might is higher than 8K your hits are stronger and you will deal out more damage.

I have been thinking of making those three abilities my primary and adding Splosion for those close range situations but part of me likes using 50 Cal and seeing that hit for around 25-30K with KI and BF active.
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You are correct about the PI...I continue to test out the powerset.

I am still tweaking my loadout and trying new rotations all the time.

My current rotation right now is this...

Flak Cannon, clip Killer Instinct, than i do Rocket Launcher, Chain Gun and finally Rail Gun. Complete another round of Rocket Launcher - Rail Gun and than rinse and repeat.

I will be testing more of the abilities out tonight and try tweaking things more as I go.
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Did some additional adjustments today....

Changed out Rocket Launcher for Shrapnel Grenade Launcher; damage by this is greater than Rocket Launcher.
    • Like x 1
  15. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I am now checking out the damage difference between BigGun and Splosion. If Splosion can hit as hard as BigGun every other rotation than I may take that over BigGun. The reason is Splosion you can use more often, dealing higher damage more often. However, Big Gun has a major advantage with its instance add kill that is making me consider not taking Splosion. More testing is needed between these two abilities.

My rotation would be...

Flak Cannon, clip Killer Instinct, than Shrapnel Grenade Launcher, Chain Gun and finally Rail Gun. Complete another round of Rocket Launcher - Rail Gun, Splosion before going back into Flak Cannon, etc...

More testing needed on this rotation...
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

For those who like Splosion..You can use Rocket Retreat after Splosion and it does not interupt your BF and it can be clipped with Killer Instinct every other rotation.

Tried it out and it is a good way to reduce the chance of receiving damage while doing Splosion...
  17. Carrionghoul New Player

I prefer a mid/long range build and use rifle as a weapon

current rotation is:
    Part A: Chain Grenade Launcher (to activate aoe burning) > clip with Killer Instincts > Part B

Part B: tap Y> clip with 50 Cal > tap Y > clip with Five-Barrel Minigun > tap Y > clip with Railguns (repeat part B for a total of three rotations, then start again with part A)

Instead of Big Gun I use a Robot Sidekick, but that is just my personal preference.

The reason to use 50 Cal instead of 'Splosion or Shrapnel Grenade Launcher is that 50 Cal inflicts an additional burn effect. That allows me to do the third rotation of part B instead of only being able to do two.

Either way, I'm definitely interested in seeing what other load outs people are trying out :)
  18. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Better to say you tap range. Many of us are PS users and tap triangle is our equivilent. RS over BG is an interesting choice. BG is a no brainer for me but RS would help damge split. PVPing I'd say there way no question about RS.
  19. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I've never had any issues about using splosion at close range. Being a mobile powerset I'm not in close melee range for very long. In and out just for that portion of the rotation. Still would be fun to use.
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

A few points I have to make. Currently players are experiencing losing Bullet Frenzy (BF) when using Big Gun and 50 Cal. Development team is looking into this.

Below are some of my recommendations after much more testing...

Flak Cannon is far superior when compared to Chain Grenade Launcher, because Flak Cannon hit multiple adds and the burning damage is higher. I would replace Chain Grenade Launcher with Flak Cannon.

I would remove 50 Cal as burning damage does not stack, you only need to apply burning once and with 50 Cal currently busted I recommend using Rocket Launcher, because Rocket Launcher gets added damage because enemies exploade if they are burning or Gaviton Charged. For Munitions, itt is the only ability that has this feature even when BF is applied.

The current loadout I'm using is as followed after much testing...

Five Barrell Minigun (5BMG), Rail Gun (RG), Rocket Launcher (RL), BigGun (BG), Flak Cannon (FC), and Killer Instinct (KI)

Rotation: FC, Clip KI, 5BMG, RG, RL, 5BMG, RL, FC, clip KI, 5BMG, RG, RL, 5BMG, RG, FC, clip KI, 5BMG, RG, RL, 5BMG, RG, etc...

Use Big Gun on adds.

Now you may notice that I do not use the full 3 abilities and that is because KI reapplies BF, therefore you can go right back to 5BMG. It works wonder and it seems like this rotation has high crits with RL almost always landing crits and 5BMG and RG both doing its fair share of damage out. I used this rotation in HoH today and it worked like a charm.