What Would the Last Year have Been Like W/O the Scoreboard?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChuckLess, Apr 17, 2015.

1. ChuckLess New Player

You don't? I'd like to hear why any of that would exist otherwise.
  2. Stamen Dedicated Player

I would have been elected the DCUO representative of the Centrifugal Bumble-Puppy association. The scorecard just killed it for me, I know it.
  3. ChuckLess New Player

Lol. All that is because of the scoreboard. You don't get it.
    • Like x 1
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

sure maybe WM as it was a way for those who couldn't JC / clip to keep up with those who could, therefor looking and going of the scoreboards lol

as far as AMs and balancing? idk seems like AMs are simply to make it easier on the trolls least if using a power with power back AMs. The balancing they even said when they started all this stuff with powers, it would take awhile to finish everything so we are far from 100%
  5. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Well that's not true. It's carrying if a DPS is getting doubled or tripled. It's not carrying if there are 4 DPS all within a couple hundred k of each other.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I think everyone knows how i feel about the scorecard by now ... but just in case you don't
    Scorecard:
    [IMG]

Me:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Gotcha Girl Well-Known Player

The game should be balanced so I can't argue with anyone that wanted it. These things MAYBE wouldn't have happened but is it really the players fault when no one actually asked for WM, AM etc? They asked for balance in terms of adjustments. The devs decided instead of doing that, they'll introduce these other things. The reason why I think these could have still happened anyway is because people would probably just duel or scrimmage each other and come to the conclusion that certain powers were better than others anyway.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Imagine a chaser DPS that constantly look the scoreboard, I think that he becomes discouraged when see a quantum DPS in yiur group.
    • Like x 1
  9. Unverifiable New Player

we all value game time as we all enjoy playing or we wouldn't be. but its been my experience that those that blame other most of the time for their failed attempts generally are the ones really causing the issues
    • Like x 2
  10. Mur Dah Active Player

The scoreboard was in no way to blame for players needing to run Nexus and Paradox with 3 trolls... some serious amnesia going on with the state of play prior to WM, these forums were flooded with complaints from trollers. The scoreboard is never the problem, players interpretation of the scoreboard on the other hand.
    • Like x 3
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

Without the scoreboard, the devs still would have done what they did because they don't use it when designing stuff like WM or the AMs. They have their own logs and ways to parse them into usable data.

I will say this: without the scoreboard, people would have designed their own parsers a lot sooner.
    • Like x 2
  12. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

This is actually a very good point. I've often said that the scorecard is in no way a reflection of your performance, but rather, a reflection of everyone else's performance. Especially on the DPS side of things.
  13. ChuckLess New Player

That's the same as saying guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Yeah, people are, in general, ******. But ya don't have to make it easy for them.
    • Like x 1
  14. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

If we get rid of the scoreboard or ruin it in someway I feel we should also stop putting CR on display. Anytime there is a problem, i can already see people merely kicking the lowest CR'd players. That is what the current scoreboard helps avoid.
    • Like x 1
  15. Stamen Dedicated Player

I really can't believe you guys are serious. The scorecard is our only tool to protect against fail runs. I think many of you under-estimate the DRAG of a sorry player on a group trying to finish content.
    • Like x 3
  16. Phil Miller Committed Player

The reason for the development of WM and AM's is because the balance between precision vs. might was never corrected. Precision powers (Cpt Liberty post on the big 3; Cele, Rage, HL) were hitting a lot harder than might based powers; hence the arrival of WM.

Once WM arrived I believe the devs realized that WM was not really an alternative option to clipping (which was the original justification for implementing WM) because WM completely destroyed any player that chose to continue clipping. As a result of the high WM damage output, in comes AM's which allow might based powers to actually use their powers and theoretically do the same level of damage as a WM player. Which we all see now that outside a few select powers, AM destroys WM.

Its a self inflicted wound if you ask me and seems like a lot of self generated work. But hey, I'm just a player...
    • Like x 1
  17. ChuckLess New Player

I love this line :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Mur Dah Active Player

I see your point... but I imagine that the removal of the scorecard would lead to kicks judged solely on CR, at least the scorecard gives some measure of performance although in a perfect world I'd prefer it to be a lot more detailed.
    • Like x 1
  19. Latif New Player

When the blaming starts. Check the damage. Deaths. Power out.

"Numbers don't lie check the scoreboard."
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You are mostly correct.

I believe the AM would still happened to decrease power usage by DPS players. I believe that was in the works and WM was a the short term solution at that time.

As for being a DPS, there is more important things than the scoreboard. I ran R2N and someone that selected Troll decided to be a DPS. Not an issue for my toon but could of been an issue for the healer or tank. Troll players said started talking trash very early on. He died not once but twice on the first boss. After we completed the first boss, my bad burn he trashed talked was 2x his burn. He continued to run his mouth and died again. Again, I picked up him. We continued and he died again, and again, and again. By the time we hit the 2nd boss he had 6 or 7 deaths. The healer and tank asked him to troll as my damage by this point was more than 2.5x his damage and I did not die yet and stopped my burn to pick him. He died 2x more as a troll and no one elese died expect him.

He was a Quantum DPS and simply did not block or roll out of harm ways, focused on his rotation. After the first boss this is what I said...When you are dead how can you burn. That is all I said. Player need to learn to block and roll, especially these 115 Quantum DPS players. I mean it is not a hard concept.

Heck I stopped my rotation quiet a bit to block and roll. I rather avoid a one shot or two shots, move out of the way, and get back into my rotation than sit there and die. Yet, some of the players that state they are beast, die more often than others for not doing what they should be doing and that is blocking or rolling.

Scoreboard means crap if my **** is picking you up cause you do not understand the simple mechanics of this game.
    • Like x 1