Any Future Plans for the Marketplace/Lockboxes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ChuckLess, Apr 16, 2015.

1. ChuckLess New Player

With a game that has such a high level of character customization, I simply cannot understand why the Marketplace has not been utilized more. Since this game went F2P, there has basically been no change to vanity/style items in the Marketplace. Why is this?

It seems logical that there would be a ton of profit in adding more style items for purchase. I, and many others, have been asking for this for a very long time. I have yet to see a response that explains this basic feature.

Any chance that with all these changes to content and working more closely with DC we may see some attention to the marketplace?
    • Like x 8
  2. ChuckLess New Player

1... 2... 3... Go Circe go! :p
    • Like x 2
  3. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Agreed!!!
    More new hairstyles, skins, acessories, auras, new 52 please please please!
    • Like x 6
  4. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I agree that there is not enough.... but they did add the base items, a few more weapon style and Auras

Munitions weapons style set?
    and .....? oh - forget it... I give up...
    • Like x 1
  5. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

I don't see it happening...Ever. I even made a thread about this and seen a million of them. I guess the devs are gonna change everything but that.
  6. Aquata Siren New Player

more variations of long hair would do it for me and more ponytails
    • Like x 6
  7. Van_Gho Committed Player

Pure speculation on my part but they don't seem like us buying cool things directly, now add a gimmick and RNG and BOOM now we're cooking, ugly style no one wants, that'll be there till the server closes
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

They put all the good stuff in booster bundles. Watch next bundle they will probably have a new outfit to collect along with the exclusive aura.
  9. Gucciana Committed Player

it makes to much sense :p
  10. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I doubt it, I think that they would have already done so if they could. Spytle has said several times that the character modeling prevents us from getting new hairstyles, etc. Just look how the Cloak of Hades is and how it clips with most sizes and stances.

However, I would hope with DB now looking at a bottom line, maybe we will get something as I would jump at the chance for hairstyles or unique outfits in the marketplace that aren't repaints, glowing or bedazzled, but I am not holding my breath.

Besides, we have a new aura made with new tech (as said in the recent booster reveal) that makes us look like a fuzzy glo-worm, so maybe we can get something down the line. :D
    • Like x 3
  11. MeloMan New Player

Spytle did say something about this topic in another thread. Wish i had the link. He said something along the lines of players dont really buy the styles on the market. People told him its because most of them suck lol. All he really said at that point was the sequined styles were an eyesore lol.
    • Like x 2
  12. ChuckLess New Player

I actually remember that.
  13. ChuckLess New Player

That's such a pile of BS. Every other game that has customization can do it. And tbh, I don't particularly care about clipping issues. Not every style will be able to fit perfectly. In those cases, either live with it, or just don't combine those styles. There are a few style now that clip and actually work well.
    • Like x 5
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

I'm pretty sure the decision is due to priorities of a small dev team. If those priorities can be changed now as a new company, or not, remains to be seen, but otherwise, DC's lockbox system does need fixing/updating. For one, get rid of the setup they currently have and ditch promethium keys. Just put the lockboxes themselves on the MP. This would also require changing up their contents so you aren't stuck getting furniture items (something that doesn't actually appeal to many players since furniture is non-interactive with their characters), or duplicate new 52 styles. Second, add more than just one kind of lockbox. Different price points, different lockboxes, different grade of items. Wouldn't be a bad idea to throw full on exobytes in them too, along with plans and mod components. Or hell, that could be it's own box entirely. 'Modbox'.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kuno Loyal Player

They lack artist and man power so they come up with the excuses because the truth is game director dont see profit wasting resources creating osmetic stuff for the MP.
    Because we dont buy the ugly sequined/low res texture/unable to color reharshed styles.
    Even if everyday we have a new thread about it asking for new cool hairstyles, civilian or iconic costumes, and skins.
    Please get ur ish together. I cant believe how wrong they are! They could be doing SO MUCH MONEY!
    I really hope DB force them to have some new cosmetic items, its long overdue. Skins, hairstyles, weapons, more movement mode skins (remember when skimming was shown and Spytle said we were going to have movement skin for every power? Like fiery flight or tech superspeed? They lie to our face so often its rude lol)
    • Like x 1
  16. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I am actually pretty thankful they haven't done it yet, because I still have money......

I would think they could at least let us buy some of the hair styles they already use on NPCS.
  17. Laz523 Well-Known Player

still waiting for more flex suits and sleeve-less vests
  18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I would love an iconic weapons pack. There are so many different styles they could mzke variants of them to sell. Except hand blasters, I can't think of anyone besides cyborg who uses a hand blaster. Or brawling.
  19. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The clipping doesn't bother me either, I do agree with you on the BS part.
    • Like x 1
  20. Waan King New Player

I always wondered why DCUO has a such a small and poor marketplace. Micro-transactions are definitely the way to go for online video games nowadays.
    People on the forums are constantly asking for new styles and improved customization, and we all see what happens when they release a booster bundle...
    • Like x 1