Account confusion.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scarecrow4479, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Scarecrow4479 Well-Known Player

Okay, I understand that PC and PS3 are two completely different servers.
    But I subscribed to the game using my computer figuring that while the servers are different I can purchase my subscription and log in with the account.
    I used to be a PC player and my computer just cant handle the game so I bought a PS3.
    I understood that I wouldn't have the items I purchased on PC, but do I seriously have to buy a subscription all over again because I bought it from the website where it has links to play on PC and PS3 both there?
    Or is there some magical way I can log in on PS3 that I cant seem to find?
    It would just be my luck if I've completely screwed myself misunderstanding just where I'm supposed to pay for a subscription to this game. -_-
  2. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

PS and PC are completely separate. You'll have to bye membership on PS server if you want it.
  3. Scarecrow4479 Well-Known Player

Well thanks.
    Its kinda BS that they apparently tell you in small font at the bottom of the screen that its exclusive to PC.
    Well that's $15 and 8 hours I'm not getting back.
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The thing many people tend to not know or understand is PC and PS are run by two totally different companies.

The game itself is all worked on by DBG but things like account ownership and management (subs included) are platform company specific.
  5. Foe Evah New Player

I lost much more than that. You'll live :)
    I believe the bigger problem was that people viewed SOE and SEAC as part of Sony (which wasn't entirely false), so when things like this thread or account transfer or DLC purchase questions happen from one platform to the other, people expected some type of work around. Before SOE became DBG, it was even stated that it was "a business decision," which implicates that there could have been other resolutions at the time. Now with the selling off and rename to DBG, it may become less of a problem/misunderstanding.
    • Like x 1