In Case You Missed It: Combat Rating Differential Adjustment

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mepps, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 72
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

In before collective sigh of relief.
    • Like x 5
  3. Juxes Committed Player

4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

IMO you should make it 3 tiers above at the very least before one can solo. I thought what you had before was great.
    • Like x 11
  5. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This is what I was remaining optimistic about. I was hopeful based on our feedback.
    • Like x 9
  6. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

7. tinoman Dedicated Player

does this mean when i'm full t7 i should be able to deathmike paradox :D
    • Like x 2
  8. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    DEATHMIKE MODE ON!!!!
    • Like x 18
  9. ChuckLess New Player

Any chance on those portals to everything? You said it was in the works, so to speak, well over a year ago.

That would be really swell :)
    • Like x 21
  10. NaumNML New Player

Maybe I was in the minority, but I liked these changes, as long as there was an option, like say, walking into the instance to circumvent the difficulty. Oh well.
    • Like x 5
  11. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

IMO t7 should not be able to solo Dox...that seems ridikulus. T8 solo Dox ok...but not t7.

The best part about this was that it was going to make people learn the mechanics and not just wait to be over geared and burn though it later. being able to solo stuff just 2 tiers below will not be as big of a help. You will still have people coming in and carrying whole groups through content without them needing it or wanting it. 3 tiers would be better but I thought it sounded good before. Sorry but I like a challenge
    • Like x 6
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I wasn't sure they needed to give us a boost above enemy CR, like enemies will get when we are below them. I just didn't want them to stop our better stats from helping, which seemed to be the case with defense on the test server. I think keeping no boost for 2 tiers will still allow you some challenge to solo stuff early on, like epic obot battles and FOS3 in 85 gear :D. Where is my walk-in portal for necro and zammaron?
    • Like x 4
  13. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I get that. I think that if they just made the defense scale a bit more than what was on test everything would have been cool. But alas
    • Like x 3
  14. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Wow, they actually listened to our comments and took action according to the requests of the community. I guess I can turn my auto-sub back on now. I wasn't looking forward to GU47 at all...
    • Like x 8
  15. kravonik New Player

if anyone complains I am going to run them over with my Tonka truck
    • Like x 13
  16. xXS0EXx Committed Player

Now that's what I'm talking about. Just 2 tiers of difference is enough for me. Plus it will still give us that Super OP Hero/Villian feel from time to time just like in the live server.

Hey we all want to be like Superman or Grundy, indestructible at some point.:D
    • Like x 5
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Who wants to post the first thread subject:

I'M QUITTING BECAUSE GU 47 WON'T FORCE CURRENT T6 PLAYERS TO LEARN DCUO MECHANICS!
    • Like x 7
  18. metalfenix Committed Player

Perfect, the most logical way was that the same rules that apply to enemies also apply to us. Even if they are linear and less notable than before. It's true, maybe players should not obliterate everything by just looking at it, but come on, the vids of what happened to T7 people on T2 content was all out of whack, and made me lose all hope for the game.

I'm looking forward to see how is this on tester's opinion. And maybe I'll still support dcuo in june after all.
    • Like x 3
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

3 tiers or even 4.
    • Like x 3
  20. Xolag Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7