Granny goodness didnt make PC explode!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Punkpirate, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Jana Level 30

Just say it already, you don't have the time, resources or tech to update the character creation? It all just feels, and look so old/outdated. DCUO should definitely do a relaunch.
    • Like x 1
  2. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

The install by that time along with all the patches would be a terabyte.
    • Like x 1
  3. MeloMan New Player

U guys could do sports gear styles, musical instrument styles for weapons, more military styles (example navy blues) more ninja styles, more everyday normal looking people styles, astronaut style, doctors (with lab coat), more jackets (there is only the leather bomber and recent arctic coat), actual gym shoes where the socks dont over the pants (not sure why that was even done as ive never seen a person wear sneakers and have their jeans tucked in their socks lol), sandals like the AF2 raid feet. Just a few examples that i know i would buy and others would too.

And of course hairstyles. I see 1 brief in HoP2 looks like the reward is a hairstyle :) hope its not as bad as the 5th dimensional grampa hairstyle. And heres an idea, if u dont wanna kill us with micro transactions on the broker with this kinda stuff then put it in lockboxes. Those styles in there need an update badly.
    • Like x 1
  4. MeloMan New Player

I thought the same thing lol. Its actually her lips, they are black. U can see this when u run the new alert. Theres a cut scene of her up close.
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The reason your vanity items don't sell is because they are overpriced. Both my opinion and the opinion of unbiased newcomers I've brought to the game and tried to convert them into new players/future paying customers. When compared to DLC and consumable sales, you're getting a lot more for your money than when you buy vanity items.

Lets take a small look at some of the items you sell.
    • A Bandito style set for 600MC... or a Munitions for the same price...
    • The Prehistoric Base Items pack for 1500MC... or Battle for Earth and War of the Light Part 2 for the same price...
    • Aquarium (1 Base Item) for 500MC... or the Industrial Research Pack (52 Base Items) for 200MC Less...
    Some of the items just flat out suck, too. A generic bouncy ball with the Batman logo on it for 100MC less than Skimming? A Blimp toy (another item I want) for the same price as any of the Power sets?

The base items are crap as well. They should be redeemable infinitely or at the very least, once on every character. Do you think if I wanted to build a giant Aquarium by merging 10 Aquariums into one, I'm gonna spend £36.99 to do so? Or if I wanted to build a hospital with 25 Hospital beds, I'm going to spend £15.99 to do so? No. Absolutely not. I could subscribe to the game for half a year, for less. I could buy Arkham Knight and a newly released Blu-Ray for the same price.

The base items are not exclusive either. If I really wanted anything listed on the marketplace, I could just farm them or buy them off Broker. Who, realistically, is going to want to buy a bunch of pipes or medical equipment when the game throws that stuff at you, consistently (granted these items are more appropriately priced).
    Other items which suck are Prototype Bank, Broker and Mail bots. They last minutes and are completely unnecessary. Yet they still exist. They should be permanent trinkets like the R&D station.

There's no consistency, the pricing doesn't make sense and a lot of the items are over priced. The reason content and consumables sell better is because they're more appropriately priced and you get a lot more value for money.

Sure, your replay badges sell well and all that so there's no real need to make new, exclusive items for the marketplace. But they don't appeal to the millions of players who walk in and out of your game without staying. Jimmy from Scotland doesn't need to respec his Level 10 character or purchase 300 replay badges to grind his Level 10 character through Throne of the Dead Elite raid. But he might want a cute little Krypto pet trinket or a cool looking hoodie that has a super hero costume design on it. Jimmy, like the millions of others who've tried DCUO, didn't stay and become a mega fan of DCUO. So the products you depend on for sales were never relevant to him.
    • Like x 16
  6. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Wow didnt expect my thread to spiral out so much, but so many truths have been said here devs should start listening community more, spytle made a point on earning the gear, but think about player that have 1 main character and like one person said 32 alts, does he reall have to farm on all 32 alts to get the styles he allready has on main?

Id like to make a point i bet many of you know the game Champions online with its amazing character creation slider and all tails over 1000 costume pieces at start. The game itsself has not had a content update in forever they do have seasonals and players come back etc, but the playerbase is still big and many people paid monthly even lifetime fee even with no new content but what people pay for is the styles! I know bad to cross over with DCUO two totally diffrent games but what connects is creating your own hero, in dcuo you actually see alot of new players look the same in CO never not if you make a naked toon :D

I dont want to say anything bad i love dcuo to death i even had the pleasure to play it when it was in beta(i bought didnt get my batman even but i dont mind) its just the visual style and character style is whats lacking in the game.

- No animated tails / lack of tails lizard anyone? dragon , monkey, bird etc, mecha, metal the basics.
    - No option to go over 3 colors
    - Why remove the most wanted styles from alpha thats what made me buy the game at firstplace seeing wow cool you can make so cool styles.
    - Lack of hairstyles
    - Armories promised when realeased they add new "transformation" effects has not happend yet still smoke only.
    - I mean the most basic thing when even starting a character no HOLSTERS if you make a gun toon for example
    you have to earn a sword holster and buy dlc just to get access to the marks.

there are more cant list them all.

Oh and devs if you want money make POWER TINT and you can swim in money/coins like Scrooge Mcduck.
    • Like x 2
  7. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

fire not so much people just need to practice ... but earth yup but now sorcery is something they can wait on if your talking about healing but dpsing ... enough said
  8. Laz523 Well-Known Player

This part right here is the main reason most of my alts still under 100 SP. I don't want to purchase the style from my main and then come across it at a later date and be like dang I didn't finish that style yet. I started collecting gear for other roles for styles i don't have but that's $30 bucks every time I respec into a power that I don't even use beside for the style. Four color options would be cool but giving each piece of gear it's own color palette would be even better.
  9. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Not the Booster Bundle ones. Is there a law that says they all have to be account bound? These would be just like the booster bundle ones that can be sold and traded in game.

Why are people having such a hard time understanding this?
  10. Fools Fire Loyal Player

11. Kuno Loyal Player

We are dragging Spytle! lol
    No but seriously get it together. The only reason current cosmetic items in MP wont sell well is because they are ugly, old and nobody asked for them.
    Release new stuff we been asking for ages and then if it fails we will be talking about player base being stingy after you guys hear our feedback but till then, I'm sorry but the excuses have 0 validity.
  12. Agent Flores Committed Player

Man some of community members here are harsh. Try to see the though the Devs point of view and understand what they are working with. Last time I checked I wanted to play DCUO not DC's next top model. I can agree that some of the styles are ugly looking but then again I personally could careless if it looks bad***. Any who that was my ten cents on the matter. Hopefully the devs can get something out to please some of the harsh vanity critics out here in the forums.
  13. RealGODofWar New Player

gonna bookmark this so I can throw it in the developers face every time they want to justify their badly prices marketplace.
    • Like x 1
  14. Minnion Devoted Player

So.... How many more booster bundles will we see before we get ones that come with other cosmetic styles? Maybe some glowing hair?
  15. Gucciana Committed Player

no there isnt a law but its the right thing to do by having them account bound so that you dont have to spend more than you should on one style
  16. Gucciana Committed Player

yea some people just dont understand common sense lol
    • Like x 1
  17. kav Committed Player

Sounds to me like you simply have too few people in the development and design sector to sustain credible results at this area, which is pretty sad. I don't like pointing fingers but I've heard it too many times now and you may wanna have a look at games like LoL, DoTA 2, Smite, CS:GO and other's who are free-to-play (except CS:GO's starting price) and offer only cosmetics. They're doing just fine. The demand for it is big. People like aesthatical aspects, so undermining those is a bad idea.

For the booster bundle - the biggest selling factor is because of the gambling ratio, not because they offer so much. People want that rare aura, not a repair bot. That's simply a side effect to the cause of buying it. Why not offer those auras for a reasonable price on the market? If you sustain the marketplace with reasonable prices, variations of clothing, styles, cosmetics etc. you don't even need a gambling factor to have a big turnover continuously.
    • Like x 3
  18. kravonik New Player

because people would then complain that you can only get it via market. Then if they made it dropped also, then you wouldn't have people buying it off the market.

Along with their non-tradable rules with the styles, would cause an issue. Of course if they took that away and allowed trades, then the f2p would whine because it wouldn't be on the Broker for 2000, it would be much more.

I have lost count how many times I see a f2p asking for a free aura or style in the WT.
  19. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Well, unless you are a Role Player. We do stand for hours, sometimes 4 - 6 (some have gone as long as 12 hours), in the same place, staring at each other.. while we type up amazing stories. So, yes, you are right. Most people would not use these things, but I guarantee you that the Role Players would be fighting over new hair styles, and better outfits. I can also tell you for a fact, that we would love 4 colors on our characters. If you don't believe me, go check out my RP site. You might be surprised.

- Kara
  20. Lionxoft Committed Player

Data is a great thing and I'm not sure how you can collect meaningful data from the styles that are currently on the marketplace. Put an exclusive marketplace only iconic style on the marketplace and collect your data. Make it a guise from triggering a trinket if you have to in order to appease DC Comics but make sure it's something that people want to buy. Not another ridiculous and unrelated style.

Batman's 75th anniversary would have been an incredible time to test this out with trinket based guises from Batman's rich history. People buy costume packs and skins in other games as well and DCUO would not be any different. Want to know how much I spent on extra charges for skin packs for the Arkham games? Including Batman Arkham Knight preorder collector's edition I've spent well over $40 on just cosmetic things for those 3 games and if they added them on a continuous basis then chances are I'd continue purchasing them. Asylum didn't have skin packs. Don't even get me started on Lego Batman...

I'm sure after reading that you're saying that this doesn't apply to DCUO's market... I subscribed last month just so I could obtain the GCPD Batman helm on most of my characters hassle free. People will give you money for the good stuff but it has to be good. The style items in the marketplace are not desirable.

I don't think you've explored that avenue enough to be able to make a judgment on it.
    • Like x 3