Test Discussion GU 47: Mark of Victory Earnings and Prices

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunso Developer

Hi everyone! Does the price of an item seem incorrect to you? Did it seem like you got the wrong number of marks or did you get one of the crusty old marks when finishing a piece of content?

Let us know about it or any other issues you may have about the new Mark of Victory currency in this thread!
  2. ErnieB Loyal Player

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but old content still shows the Marks Of Triumph, Marks Of Fury and Symbols as rewards.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

Unlocking a utility belt slot with MoV just crashed my client. It was Slot 3. Logging back in, the slot was unlocked. Unlocking Slot 4 didn't cause a problem.

Replacing the Lithium cell in my generator for cash (from my mainframe) caused a crash. Logging back in, the cell was fueled. It also showed the other two cells fueled for some reason. Tabbing off and back on showed the other cells as not fueled (as I originally expected). I was able to fuel the Ionic and Hydrogen cell no problem. Fueling the boosts was no problem.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

How come the cost of the utility belt unlock is so high? 5 marks is quite large, considering the cost of other items in the game and the 100 mark cap. Compared to the mainframe unlock, which is 7 and for 60 days, having 5 for 30 seems quite costly when there are two to unlock.
    • Like x 23
  5. PinkHatter New Player

The price for the Catalyst Vll is 5 cash the type Vl is 13500 so i assume the cash price for the type Vll is incorrect.
    • Like x 2
  6. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

As I and other people mentioned in other places, this new system will make it extremely hard for new characters (noobs as well as alts) to catch up with vendor gear styles.
    I get that old vendor gear, especially the sets that get replaced by better ones within the same tier, are part of the grind and a kind of bonus now for players to go back and spend excess marks on them. But with this system It would take a new character 11 months to grind out all the old sets and catch up with the latest set to be ready for the next, assuming they complete each single piece of relevant content available to them whenever it is unlocked. That seems somewhat unreasonable for me as right now catching up with old sets for feats can be a lot faster.

Most of the older feats (except the hard grinds like 500 duos etc) get speed up as the tiers progress, but these vendor feats will instead get slowed down until it is near impossible for a new character to ever finish all of them. I hope there is a way to make getting those feats easier once we hit endgame, like for example a CR locked "retro style vendor" where we can buy old stylesets for a fraction of the original price if our CR is within the top relevancy window.
    • Like x 18
  7. PinkHatter New Player

Seems posts regarding this subject are being posted in the Whats new for DCUO thread. Sure you guys review it also but that seems to be where most of test and thoughts that are listed in testing feedback section are being posted. ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. PinkHatter New Player

New Universal Currency
    Marks of Triumph and Marks of Fury have been replaced by the new universal currency, the Mark of Victory.
    • Automated Conversion
    o The currency conversion has taken place automatically. There is no action necessary on your part.
    o Marks of Fury have been automatically converted to Marks of Victory at a 1 to 1 ratio.
    o Marks of Triumph have been automatically converted to Marks of Victory at a ratio based on your Combat Rating.
     CR 0 to 42 = 1:1
     CR 43 to 52 = 5:1
     CR 53 to 69 = 25:1
     CR 70 to 83 = 125:1
     CR 84 to 99 = 625:1
     CR 100+ = 1565:1
    • Currency Conversion Vendors
    o Currency conversion in general is no longer necessary, so vendors no longer offer currency conversion kits. Unwanted currencies may still be turned in for Tokens of Merit. Some Token of Merit denominations may now also be donated for Prestige.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/halls-of-power-part-ii-game-update-47.249314/
    Meeps posted the above in "Halls of Power Part II + Game Update 47". I attached the link above as reference.

With the Mark of Victory cap at 100 the proposed conversion above seems to not be well thought out. It does not seem to consider the amount of marks of victory many players will lose when this conversion takes place.
    Many ppl have earned many Marks of Triumph with the cap being 175,000 atm and if they have any Marks of Fury with the cap at 100 for Marks of Victory players will lose Marks they have taken there time to earn.
    Even if ppl have 165,000 MoT and you guys convert them to MoV at cr 100+ Players will lose 5 MoV
    in the conversion
    165,000 / 1565 = 105.4313
    if they are caped in MoT they will lose 11 MoV durning the conversion
    and most players who have this amount of marks are dedicated players of your game, legendary who run alot of content also im sure they will not just have MoT on hand that will be lost im sure they will have Marks of Fury that will be lost due to the cap of 100 marks of victory.
    My hope is that you will raise the cap if not please allow players to use the Conversion machine themselves in order that they not lose Marks that have been earned with their time and dedication to playing DCUO.
    • Like x 6
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Why, when the costs are relatively similar, is the prestige value across Marks of Victory gear so different? For example, the 46 chest piece costs 39 Marks of Victory but has 0 prestige value.
    • Like x 7
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Isn't Prestige value determined by your toon's CR? What is the CR of the toon you're looking at these values with?
    • Like x 1
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Whoa, the belt unlock is still 30 days? And you still have to unlock 2 slots? And it's 5 marks per slot? So, that would mean the cost to maintain two belt slots is only 1 mark less than maintaining 3 mainframe trinket boosts? If that's the case, the cost definitely needs adjusting. That makes no sense, given the relative maintenance costs on live.
    • Like x 24
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Prestige earning through content is cr. Prestige earning through tribute was always a conversion based on cost of the item. So if an item at T1 uses the same marks as a T6 item, then the prestige value should be the same.
    • Like x 9
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I think Prestige value is calculated on a set ratio of Marks+Cash : Prestige. Since now the Marks of Victory are worth the same across all tiers and never inflate it is a valid request that low tier gear should have their Prestige values adjusted to be slightly below those of high tier gear (to account for higher cash costs on high gear). The time spent and the amount of content required to buy a piece of lower tier gear is now virtually the same as for higher gear, regardless of CR. Of course some of the lower sets have slightly lower Marks costs already so those should give appropriate Prestige for their costs too.

TLDR: Read BB's post :p
    • Like x 6
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

But the mark cost on live is very different, as I believe the Prestige value is. Otherwise, you could buy loads of T1 gear cheaply at T6 to max your Prestige. I wouldn't be surprised if Prestige from purchased gear is now CR locked, even though the mark cost is technically identical.
    • Like x 1
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

I can appreciate your points, given the unified mark. It's just my suspicion that they CR-locked the Prestige value. Not saying it's right. Just saying. ;)
  16. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, but as Crimson said, the marks now that buys that low level style is virtually the same as earning it at the level it was at. So the reward should be the same. The CR should be irrelevant here.
    • Like x 12
  17. kav Committed Player

How high is the cap atm for MoV?

Edit: Nevermind. Saw it is still 100.
  18. Sbel Devoted Player

No. The prestige value is the same with a CR 32 character.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It was taken into consideration. Spend those Marks!
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report (I think)
    1. At CR 115, I earned two Mark of Victory for completing the Supply Lines duo. That doesn't seem right if I'm interpreting the new marks system correctly.

2. The descriptions for old content have not been updated yet. They are still listing Mark of Triumph/Fury and Symbols as rewards. Here is one example:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.