Need Electric Healing Advice

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ChibiMechaX78, Apr 5, 2015.

1. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

As I've started to SERIOUSLY try my Electric healer, I've come to realize how much of a hard time I am having to heal with it. I usually feel like it's my fault. Maybe it's not always me but I still feel it is because I usually heal people's BS on my Celestial Healer.

I've gotten my Electric Toon to 109 cr with this loadout

Bio-surge, bio-cap, Electrogensis, Galvanize, Flux, arc lightning.

i haven't gotten the range of Galvanize, Electrogensis, and arc lightening down yet.

Galvanize is a wave heal. Not something I'm used to as a veteran celestial healer. So it's frustrating if one person is standing off to the side in a raid and I'm in the middle of the group they don't recieve my heal. Usually I end up clipping Bio-cap with surge cuz that range is far more reliable but Bio-cap's cooldown is too long for that so I then clip Arc lightning with Bio-surge Id needed.

Electrogensis and its range is kinda vague for me as well. I don't know how big the AoE Hot is around me or the other person. Plus having the Electrogensis spawning the closest person instead of the furthest person is another frustrating thing for me.

Arc lightning I've gotten it down a bit but sometimes it doesn't always jump off everyone to heal them while also jumping off enemies.

Consider these issues from a person who's been healing with Celestial a very very very long time and has wanted to try a different healing power. I chose electric because I knew it wasn't as easy as nature or sorcery. I wanted a healing power that kept me active. I was also told how power hungry it can be. Sometimes is but in a balanced group in an alert I do absolutely fine. Without a troll or in a raid is where I have some issues.

I have tried using ionic drain but didn't like how I can be interrupted. So I use flux instead because it's pretty standard for me to use a four man shield.

Any advice would be most helpful and what to do in raids. I've looked at some guides but they didn't help much. I particularly struggle in raids.
  2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

reply grenade! *toss* clank....BOOM!
  3. Hard Light Xero New Player

I personally run:
    Bio surge, bio cap, galvinize, ionic drain, electrogenesis, and flux/invigorate (flux for alerts, invigorate for raids)
    Surge and Cap. are self explained. Galvinize is good when youre i the middle of your group. id say the rage is about 5-6 feet and it also puts a HoT on whoever was in range. I like Ionic drain because its a bunch of little heals then one big heal at the end and has good range, although there have been times where i couldnt cancel the animation quick enough and someone has died. Oh well :rolleyes: Electro Genesis is kinda annoying because it goes on whoever is closest to you. i usually run up to the tank and pop it and role back. Flux is the shield and invigorate helps give power back to the trolls/everyone if needed.

My best advice is to just practice with it a lot. Youll eventually get down the ranges for your moves. Just be sure to stay next to your group and not in the sky like I see most healers nowadays:D

Good Luck.
  4. Holy Level 30

I noticed that you aren't running a supercharge. May i ask why? Personally i would remove Flux and put in a SC. Flux & Egen are interchangeable though.

With your loadout, your main healing powers are BioCap, BioSurge, and Galv. Your secondary heals are Arc lightning, Egen, and Flux (self-heal -- assuming you have the hand mods).

•Always make sure you have your BioCap "PI" on every single group member. You'll know when you see that electric effect on them [not the effect on the chest-stomach area, its more on the outside of the body]
    •Galvanize is best used when you're near your group. The more people next to you, the better the heals.
    •Don't rely too much on your arc lightning heals since it has a travel time.

*use flux when you know you're about to take huge damage or when you need to pick someone up.
    *Don't use Ionic drain, it's not worth using since it's channeled.

You'll get the hang of it. Elect healing, in my opinion, is the hardest healing power for PVE.
  5. blklightning New Player

Take a look at some of my vids. Especially the one in my sig. I play using a variety of loadouts. So, you can get an idea.

The most important thing to get down about Electric is that bursts are king. The HoTs are really nice, but you need to know how to master the bursts to be really effective.

Surge & Cap:
    Will be your GoTo heals while you're figuring everything out. Make sure that everyone has the safety net from cap on them at all times. So long as they have that, then they'll get heals every time you use Surge. This safety net turns Surge from a single-target burst, to a team burst. It's extremely helpful.

Galvanize has a good range, but proximity matters more. You cannot heal using Galv if you're not in the middle of the group. The same goes for Electrogenesis. When using eGen, cast it, then move away from the person that was nearest you. This will make sure that the 2 auras cover a larger area. eGen has a good range to it, and should be up at all times if it's in your loadout.

Arc Lightning is your tank heal first and foremost. You can also use it to electrify mobs in the event that you want to be adventurous and heal using Electroburst, which behaves almost exactly like galvanize. The difference is that it uses electrified enemies to deliver the heal instead of allies.

To be an effective electric healer, you should not play fully ranged. Celestial is line of sight on everything except for Divine Light, which is still more LoS than proximity. Electric's heals work more on proximity than LoS. Our only LoS heals are surge, cap, and ID. Try to make a habit of playing between your trollers and your tank. Don't sit at the back of the classroom with this powerset. Also, move around a lot.

Back to positioning... let's say that your group just took major splash damage and you want to use Galvanize to heal them, but they're a bit far apart. Lunge to them, then hit the heal. That's the kind of proximity play that will get you points. :p

Oh, give this a watch, too.
    • Like x 4
  6. blklightning New Player

If it makes you feel any better, I went from Electric to Celestial when it first launched. I had a heckuva time adjusting to the different play style. Ultimately, I came back to Electric after the revamp. I even made an electric healer alt well before the revamp, just because I missed the speed and nimbleness of Electric healing.

This video (from before the ravamp) shows a lot of how electric works. There are so many adds and allies in TD, that we really get to see how far Galvanize actually heals.
  7. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Part of the reason why I don't use a supercharge is because the loadout I have has 3 bursts, wave heal, a hot, and a shield which I like for now until I get used to the playstyles for electricity. I have used invigorate. It's a pretty straightforward SC and power. I use flux often times when I am predicting damage coming;something I always did on my main. I also enjoy keeping electrogensis because I always like keeping a HoT up. I think I'll use Invigorate in place of flux for now and run with it more in raids.
  8. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

Something I've noticed is the burst heals compared to celestial's are enormous. Sometimes Id clip Admonish and Renew just because the tank needed it and because Celestial's burst aren't that high. The only heal that isn't a SC that comes close is Guardians light and its end burst heal. With electric it seems I don't need to clip Bio surge and cap. So I haven't mastered the burst heals yet.

Btw, it helps to know to try and use arc lightning as purely a tank heal.
    But what do you do in certain situations when the raid group has to separate? For example, in lockdown you want to stand on those pads and avoid the artifact spawns to not get killed. You also want to keep separate for Kalibak's red aura. Same with Cerberus sometimes but not as bad. In Artifacts the White Light Kalibak does also tends to seperate the group very easily. In those situations is where I struggle the most.

I also noticed you use Acro with that foot mod which looks like a great idea. I use SS because it seemed I really needed that mobility.

Galvanize I haven't fully mastered but it's hard to when I get put in those situations.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

With electricity your positioning is key. Electric IMO is the hardest healing powerset. I was electric from its launch all the way up until celestial hit the test server.

Electric has multiple options. However look at blklightning videos as most of them are what I used as electric and you can pretty much heal any piece of content with those.
  10. blklightning New Player

SS is fine. You can still zoom around. I like like the flexibility of acro, and haaaaate flight during combat.

You hit the nail on the head. Our bursts are bigger. You've got to get used to the size of those heals and then learn to let people take more damage before healing them. I'll make a snippet of me letting our fire tank get down to 20% health and then using Electroburst to heal him for a whopping 35K. Fire tanks are soooooo fun to heal.

Arc Lightning is a different kind of heal. It's delayed. Whatever you clip it with will actually be the first heal, then Arc heals after that. It heals for large amounts, but just on contact. If you want to control how it arcs, well... positioning is everything. Put yourself between the tank and the team. That way it will arc back through you and to your team.

Your instant heals (on cast) are Galvanize, Surge, Cap, and Electroburst (when targets are electrified). The rest heal on contact or have a small delay.

This video uses the safest loadout I play with:
    surge, cap, flux, egen, galv, group transducer

I start w/ Arc and ID, to find that I wasn't used to it. So armoried at 1:45 and continued to play it safe. There's no music to this one, and... I talk a lot. :p

Are you USPC or USPS? If we're ever on at the same time, I'd be happy to run backup for you. Essentially, I wouldn't heal unless I could see that you were struggling. Then, I fill in the gaps. This also allows me to see how you play vs. what might be a better approach.
  11. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I think another problem I have is not knowing having that know-how of how much that burst is going to fill up and I end up healing too soon. With celestial I couldn't wait as long with a burst heal.

I am on USPS btw. I usually just have issues in the situation I mentioned above. Like Lockdown, Last boss of HoH. Throne may become an issue too for me. Artifacts with those white lights at the end boss.

also thinking about where I am standing is not something I'm accustomed to but is something I think while I am healing. I just find myself in a bind in those situations where people DO need to separate.

Btw I have tried Electroburst, and I would absolutely love it if the range didn't seem so short. The heals are fantastic.
  12. blklightning New Player

it's all part of practicing and seeing just what you can get away with. You'll never know how big your heals are, if you keep topping people off like is so easily done with Celestial. If someone dies, chalk it up to learning experience. :p

Until you get the hang of things, use only heals that you know are reliable, and also depend on shields for some wiggle room. You already know the battles, you just have to learn how to use a different toolkit in them. Electric is best when you know how to plan out your healing.

For now... just use this loadout for all raid content.
    Surge, Cap, Flux, eGen, Galv, Group Transducer
    It's safe and guaranteed to get you even and safe healing. Clipping with Surge is common place.

Electroburst is a weird child. It must be used in close melee in order to get damage, but the healing can be done from mid-range and it still works. It's only good when your group stays tight to you though. For example, I can't use it realiably when I run with league. They're always too far away and apart. I end up resorting to the less fun loadouts to get the job done. In the event that you want to heal everyone with eBurst, but they're too far away... well, it's a wasted power. I did try it once in Thrones on our fire tank. It was amazing how I could heal him up to full in one cast.

When people separate, you got to use Surge more than anything else. It really is the single largest heal we've got, when used w/ the Bio Charged PI. When I'm not using my splashy loadout, it is the biggest healer by a longshot. I'll have to run some content and get combat logs to analyze. All the other heals are just fun extras when set in comparison to Surge.
    • Like x 1
  13. blklightning New Player

Oh, I forgot to mention my thoughts on shields.

Many people use shields as a preventative measure. They either keep it on cooldown, or cast it when they think big damage is going to hit. But what if the 3 others who got the shield weren't the 3 who needed it most? I like to try to cast Flux after damage has been taken, in an effort to stop the bleeding. You can plan who gets the shield, as well as the Bio Charges, by waiting for your target to take damage first.

Also, Flux is special in that it will push things away from you (the caster). This is seen in my Carol Ferris battle, once the first wave of adds come in from the left. It's also well demonstrated here:

So, Cap, Surge, and eGen can be your GoTo heals, while the rest are purely tactical and in need of learning their nuances.
  14. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Ionic drain is actually my main raid heal. It hits all 8 people and I've found the range to be the best of all my powers, although I have not tried Arc Lightning. I use empowered channeling with Ionic Drain, and I don't think I've been interrupted by anything except for boss attacks and 1 shots. For the Forge Master fight in HoH, I start Ionic Drain right after seeing the skull on the Forge Master. The spinning hammers don't interrupt me and I'm able to heal team members while the hammers are going plus protect myself from the hammers. Ionic Drain with empowered channeling also protects me from most add knockback attacks. Like those Orange Lanterns in Avarice and even the Lex AoE attack. When I see the orange symbol on the ground I start Ionic Drain and just heal through it. I was dumb enough to try it during Carol's 1-shot in LW. It didn't work.:oops:

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but a benefit of Invigorate is that it bio-charges everyone too. Now you have 2 minutes of your safety net and you can just use bio-surge to heal the entire raid. I'll use Galanize in close quarters like lab and necro, but otherwise I'll use egen in that spot. I usually WM combo into ID and BS. I use BC to spread around bio-charges so low cost BS can be a great heal. My usual raid loadout: bio-cap, bio-surge, Ionic Drain, flux, invigorate. The 6th spot changes depending on the content, galvanize, egen, or sometimes even group transducer. I like the 8 man shield for certain boss fights and use the extended SC chest mod.
    • Like x 1
  15. blklightning New Player

I just started using ID in SM last night. It's the ONLY electric heal that will heal someone at max range. yes, eGen will put an aura on a max-range team member, but I can't guarantee that tank #2 is going to get the aura, when there are 6 others right next to me. I'm going to start giving ID more credit.

Arc is wonderful... as a tank heal. For it to be a great team heal, the team needs to not be so spread out. That's the downside of Arc.
    • Like x 1
  16. Streven Dedicated Player

Definitely go for more Ionic Drain with empowered channeling mod and think about how invigorate adds bio-electric surge on the whole group. That gives ability to hit everyone real quick in those oh crappiemoments. But yeah electric is much easier to heal in alerts. Solo healing raids can be difficult if people don't want to stay together. But I think most of us like it because of the challenge.
    • Like x 2
  17. Couzintony New Player

I'm so glad I didn't have to write all this out.... Lolz

spot on....
    • Like x 1
  18. Chukdatruk New Player

Ionic Drain (with Channeling hand mod to stop interrupt and increase defense while active)
    Bio Cap and Bio Surge
    Galvanize
    Invigorate (great in Throne when everything on cooldown and you have solo Troll to get emergency health and power to tank)
    Flux (also pushes away adds upon activation)

Sometimes I change out ID for Arc Lightning for alerts.

If you are interested in a Hybrid/DPS HEALER loadout for running lower content:

Arc Lightning
    Wired
    Tesla Ball
    Bio Cap & Bio Surge
    Flux.

I use this in low T6 alerts and below using about 60/40 healer to DPS gear.