With T7 Around The Corner...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EBANESER11, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Krypton Dedicated Player

It is amazing you actually know this....lol :)
    • Like x 1
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I wouldn't be surprised if it's 109 for the solo parts
  3. 1ndab0x176 New Player

Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day it would be true. I'm honestly sick of getting tells from ppl crying wolf, “you are on a soda, no way you are beating me that bad“. Guess what? I am beating you that bad because you have 90 sp and I have 215.
    • Like x 1
  4. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

CR will be 111.

If the Devs keep with what they've discussed then minimum SP will be 150, which would be a good thing. People are getting CR rapidly and skipping content and/or feats in the process. DCUO is a MMORPG and they really need to bring back the grind from the T1 to early T4 days.
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

arg your one of those guys. iam great because i broke a thousand treasure chests. good for you bud. i have 160 and i never play for skill points. simply fun. guess what the dlc on the way is designed for the average player wearing 99 gear. what the hell is a hundred extra vit or 200 might really going to do? over kill is over kill you know.

to address your point. Guess what? I am beating you that bad because you have 90 sp and I have. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS COMMENT BECAUSE ITS THE MAJOR ISSUE IN THE GAME. who gives a flying foo foo. when has a team event ever been about one persons accomplishments? never and only me myself and i guy type of losers worry about them. so sad. a skilled dps and i know a few top tier guys can get on their high skill pointed mains and wreck shop. guess what happens when they have low skill points? SAME THING. the difference in t6 between my might and yours would be less than a soda. i have all my crits as you would so what is the actual beneit? slim.

t7 means a huge stat bump again. how long till one items stats equals what we can get from max skill points? closer than one thinks the way stats have blown up the last two tiers. lets end this. your skill points advoid one shots for you or give you the defense to live? NOPE skill gets you by. does your skill points put you atop the board? NOPE your either talented or against three worst dps. every time the gear stats go up so much skill points lose value.

respec one time and put in 160 skill points and record your stats then add in the extra points and record the stats. PRETTY PLEASE POST THE RESULTS. i think and i really want to stress think i need either 6 more or 12 more skill points to max out my role. after that its defense or vit or health or more things that have nothing to be blown away about. i could easily LUCK my way into an extra 101 gear peice and make up all of that. go ahead check the stats prove me wrong. i think u cant and just like feeling supeior cause you got 215 skill points.
    • Like x 4
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

I think that the CR will be 111 without SP requirements because SP requirements does not mean progress, only CR.
  7. MeloMan New Player

Cr requirement for the 1rst dlc in t7 will be 111. That means u can skip AF2 and still get to 111 with wotl2 and the devs explained this is how it will work. I just hit 200sp on my main a few days back and imo if they do have a sp requirement it should 150. If your 111+cr and dont have 150sp imo your doing something wrong. Its not hard to get to that #, u just have to try, put forth an effort. But i would imagine there would be tons of complaints if it was 150. The more realistic # should be 100. If your 111+ and dont have 100sp imo u shouldnt be in t7 at all because your doing something very wrong. 100sp is very easy to get by the time u hit t6.
    • Like x 1
  8. MeloMan New Player

Funny how u dont see the devs saying sp dont matter. Also the good players know they do matter. Yet for some odd reason some players on these forums keep throwing this misinfo out they dont matter. Well come dps against me and then tell me sp dont matter. Come jump in 1 of my league runs where everyone has 175+sp and tell me they dont matter. And i see the 1000 treasure chest feat got brought up. All u people that say sp dont matter bring up those kind of feats but never mention the EO feat or the death proof feat. Its obvious why those feats dont get brought up, because they require skill.

And tbh its ok if anyone wants to believe sp dont matter. If they put in a requirement i think u will change your mind tho. But ill just keep getting my feats and blowing through content. Some of the feats in the game show u how to do certain mechanics and prepare u for other content and boss fights. Another feat that requires skill, the 1 where u dont kill handlers at the end of HoH. It involves positioning and movement and knowing when to dps and when not to. But yea none of that is skill.

When people keep saying sp dont matter some of the newer players see this and blow through the tiers and skip content and feats and thats why u see a ton of terrible end game players atm who have less than 100sp. Nice job on spreading that through the community. Also if u have 120sp right now as a troll u wont hit 3k dom w/out changing mods or your spec and have to give up vit to get dom. My troll atm has 5068 vit and 3018 dom. Sure does help when i solo troll thrones and keep everyone powered and stun all the adds, but yea sp sure dont matter. Again if thats your belief then ok, its your opinion. But please dont spread opinion to new players, let them decide for themselves.

This topic keep getting brought up and i just wont post about it anymore. My opinion is they matter. And if they didnt matter at all like some say then why are they in the game? Why does getting them boost your stats and improve your character? Why would there be talk of a sp requirement for t7 then too? All of that kinda shows they matter. We can agree to disagree, but if your going to put your opinion out there then at least be factual when presenting your case. Dont keep bringing up the feats that are grindy and require no skill and ignore the feats that 100% require skill. Doing that is just misleading.
    • Like x 2
  9. chipzes Committed Player

Where did you get this from? :eek: After all the trivializing they have done in the past I am hesitating to believe they would require more than 15SP for new endgame content :confused:
  10. MrGT Well-Known Player

Skill Points should not become a requirement. I'm not going to enter the argument as to them being important or not, too many threads already on that. As I have mentioned before I take my hat off to anyone that has worked hard to get very high skill points and full respect to them. I'm only just shy of 140 which by many standards is not "awesome". I want more as I do believe they do help. I just know its going to take me a little longer to get them due to time constraints. Not the games fault or the Devs or anyone's just real life. I never come on asking for SPs to be made easier or for nerfs etc. Want them work for them.

My wife plays the game to and she has even less time. She is CR112 with don't remember to the exact SP but around 105 maybe. Point is I do not need her gated because of SP requirements. She is not going to run with anyone but the league so she is not going to affect anyone's run who believes that her SP are not adequate.

Everyone is entitled to run how they want. If u prefer a high skill point group only I'm not going to call you elitist its how you prefer to run, its your game as much as anyone elses. Just as you believe that maybe running with lower SP players will affect your enjoyment and time in the game there are others at the other end of the scale that enjoy the game as well and could have their enjoyment of the game affected.
    • Like x 5
  11. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

CR will be 111 based on WotL2

No SP requirement because Spytle has said that SP are not progression.

Based on AF1 there may be a entry point challenge/anomaly at CR110 to ease entry for some of the more limited players.
    • Like x 2
  12. Unida Dedicated Player

in the beginning SP was pretty important, when +7 resto and +5 might etc was worth something.

most of the feats over 150ish sp are just too much work and reruns for such little benefit n reward imo.

you can spend months (or years) trying to get gather and assembly feats, rare styles (before the bot), or now run LPVE until you cant bear to log in anymore lol - just for that feat to push you into the next SP to let you get that +2 vit boost.......

I can see it being of use if you v.close to unlocking bottom row or something, but if you are tapped out and looking at 20+ more sp to unlock another set of semi decent inates - thats a pretty steep ask for time vs. reward.

Grind. No.
    Chip away with no sense of real benefit. Probably.

If they changed the boosts to % increases on the bottom and 2nd rows then ok, maybe that could be something. but does....
    +2 dom
    +2 vit
    +3 prec
    +hours of grind
    ...... seem right? especially when most people who grind are end game and a vendor 99 troll chest is 381vit etc.

they are just pointless past a certain amount
    • Like x 2
  13. theswoosh Well-Known Player

keep telling yourself you are good because of you have slightly better stats....just w8 till you come across a dps like me....just yesterday there was this big mouth on trade chat how no one can beat his dmg with all his sp and his nice n shiny quantum power....well i just came along and busted his bubble and after i showed him that there are indeed players that do not need ''the best power'' or high sp to play top tier dmg he actually wanted me to explain how the hell i was out dmging him.... i cant stress this enough....sp and cr only bring you so far, the rest is in the players hands....btw i do 5 powers + 3 weapon attacks in 1 to 2 sec... unless you know how to do alot of dmg very fast there is no amount of sp going to bring you on the same playing field that im on
  14. Sbel Devoted Player

Who said that? Not the guy you're responding to. He said "almost don't matter" which means they do matter, just not much.

And that would prove exactly nothing. Even if you match powers and gear and mods, there's no way to control for skill or luck. Besides, I do have more than 175 SP, so it would really say very little about SP.

Here you're not even arguing that SPs matter. You're arguing that skill matters, and that a few feats require some skill.

It wouldn't be changing our minds to say that SP matters a lot when there's a SP requirement. SP would matter more because of the requirement.

Again, you're not actually arguing that SPs matter. You're arguing that skill matters, and that a few feats require some skill.

Yeah, I'm sure all of those "terrible players" spend a bunch of time on the forum, reading about the game. :rolleyes:

I will continue talking to other players, despite your touching plea, and even if it means me potentially contaminating innocent noobs with my disturbing ideology.

Time sink.

Wait, are you claiming SP matter for some reason beyond the stats? LOL, why? :p :rolleyes: Do they prove you're a better person?

Well, some people are concerned that new players are reaching end game too quickly and they think a SP requirement is a reasonable way to slow them down, encourage them to try more of the game. And some people are just snobs who think more SP is morally superior. And some people are just really bad at math and think that the tiny amount of stats they get from the last 50 of their 200 SP is actually a massive amount and totally necessary to do ANYTHING in the end game.

• Like x 1
  15. Biester New Player

How about a revamp to make sp more valuable and then we go from there?
  16. Morsy808 Committed Player

Even if SP is used as a pre-requisite for T7, there's no guarantee that a player will even spec them correctly. So, its a moot point really. Who'a to say a player who doesn't know anything about crits, won't just splash them all down one single skill tree for the weapon they're using? Using completely irrelevant stats for his/her role. Food for thought...
  17. Couzintony New Player

I have 161 sp n I'm 114cr on healer...
    Looking for max resto... My gear gives me just about 9k (over 9000!!!!) resto n my stats give me 700........
    Sadly sp don't really matter as much as they did... If you are t4 n have 50sp vs another t4 n has 200 so you can tell... But as of right now with how much stats the gear gives us sp is eh......
    • Like x 1
  18. Swiftduck Loyal Player

When people suggest skill point requirements, I just laugh. I laugh hard.

IMO SP's need to be removed entirely and replaced with a new system.

You may think i am crazy ( and i don't care if you do) but 50-60 sp is more than enough for anything in this game except maybe thrones and survival mode. For those two instances anything above 100 is fine.

High skill points does NOT mean high skill.

Obtaining skill points for the most part has nothing to do with skill, its just a time based grind, with the exception of a few raid feats ( which equate to approx. 10 skill points)
  19. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

SP requirements please. If they did that it would drive away massive amounts of players and the game would suffer and possible never recover from it. My league does not have an sp requirement, some of us have 215 and some of us have 90. We complete all content regardless. Know why? We take the time to play it and talk about the stratagies we are going to use, then try them and work through it. We have still not mastered Throne but tbh we have only run it as a league 3 times. Lab, HoH are cake walks because we learn them and teach them to our other members.

There may be a ton of terrible DPS out there at endgame...take the time to help them learn their roles and they wont be terrible anymore.
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

109 for solos
    110 for duos and alerts
    111 for the 1 raid
    • Like x 1